Danielle Hunter Situation

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Well I kinda covered that pretty logically.

Honestly I don't see it happening but something to keep an eye on. Maybe something that could happen in season even

Lets start by getting rid of Addison, who was lousy last year.  And maybe Hughes as well.  (For whatever reason people on this message board think any Buffalo Bill who has started for us for more then one season should be on the wall or being given consideration for the HOF)  Hughes has had a nice career.  But he has not been Bruce Smith 2.0 like so many people on here seem to think.  So sure I would love to have Danielle Hunter.  But unless we get rid of Hughes and Addison's contracts, don't see it happening.    

8 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/de-danielle-hunter-expected-to-attend-vikings-minicamp

Looks like Hunters playing good soldier and reporting but seems like he still is nome to happy with his contract or the way the teams handling it.  Do we see him get moved?  Does Beane and thst team have solid chemistry to revisit the trade block together? It's across conference, and both teams made out well in the Diggs deal.  Would like to think Beanes got a close eye on him. Maybe some picks and someone like Hughes or Epenesa so they're getting a player back as well and to help open up a spot for him.

"We just drafted 2 de's". Yes we did, but it's no secret we love our rotation PLUSSSSS the guys we drafted can line up at any position on that line. Seems like Boogie especially thrived on the inside line. Would really transform this line into something monstrous against Mahomes like we saw in the SB

AND signed Obada AND reworked Addison 

On 6/14/2021 at 11:30 AM, BillsShredder83 said:

Well I kinda covered that pretty logically.

Honestly I don't see it happening but something to keep an eye on. Maybe something that could happen in season even

Sir no there is literally no logic to that train of thought and the chances of it happening or literally zero if you follow the way the been does his free agent thing you will see that there is literally no chance of this happening.

Had we not drafted three defense ends in the last two years I would be all in on with Hunter

On 6/14/2021 at 1:01 PM, Paup 1995MVP said:

Lets start by getting rid of Addison, who was lousy last year.  And maybe Hughes as well.  (For whatever reason people on this message board think any Buffalo Bill who has started for us for more then one season should be on the wall or being given consideration for the HOF)  Hughes has had a nice career.  But he has not been Bruce Smith 2.0 like so many people on here seem to think.  So sure I would love to have Danielle Hunter.  But unless we get rid of Hughes and Addison's contracts, don't see it happening.    

19 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Sir no there is literally no logic to that train of thought and the chances of it happening or literally zero if you follow the way the been does his free agent thing you will see that there is literally no chance of this happening.

Had we not drafted three defense events in the last two years I would be all in on with Hunter

I think that Hughes was an excellent acquisition given what we gave up for him and his sack totals don’t measure what he actually does on the field is he getting old yes are they probably looking at one of these three defense ends we have drafted to replace him yes you cannot tie that much cap into big-name players and then turn around and multi draft at that position

Edited by John from Riverside

10 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/de-danielle-hunter-expected-to-attend-vikings-minicamp

Looks like Hunters playing good soldier and reporting but seems like he still is nome to happy with his contract or the way the teams handling it.  Do we see him get moved?  Does Beane and thst team have solid chemistry to revisit the trade block together? It's across conference, and both teams made out well in the Diggs deal.  Would like to think Beanes got a close eye on him. Maybe some picks and someone like Hughes or Epenesa so they're getting a player back as well and to help open up a spot for him.

"We just drafted 2 de's". Yes we did, but it's no secret we love our rotation PLUSSSSS the guys we drafted can line up at any position on that line. Seems like Boogie especially thrived on the inside line. Would really transform this line into something monstrous against Mahomes like we saw in the SB

That ship may have sailed. That trade had to happen before we picked up 2 DEs in the past draft. Minnesota is in a win now mode - they are also close to signing Sheldon Richardson - they are not interested in future draft picks.

That said, I dont disagree that Danielle Hunter would be awesome in a Bills uni playing for McD.

FWIW, Daniel Jeremiah compared Greg Rousseau to Danielle Hunter and said Rousseau is more advanced than Hunter was in college at LSU. There are similarities - but Hunter of 2019 can overpower an Olineman while Rousseau is not there yet. But Rousseau is a lil longer and has great instincts for where the ball is. 

8 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

No one in nfl history grrrrr has been Bruce 2.0.  No one Jerry is Bruce 2.0. They think he’s a good pash rush and affects the QB.  He does.  He’s going nowhere 

I agree, Addison sucks…..but he took a pay cut to stay.  Because of that, Beane won’t cut him.

18 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Not just the two guys we drafted this year.  We also drafted AJ Epenesa with our first pick last year.

And we still have two veterans who aren't going anywhere in Jerry Hughes and Mario Addison. 

And there are many who think Efe Obada could be a steal as a free agent signing.  And the team has been developing Daryl Johnson for a few seasons.

Defensive Line is important.  But at some point you need to invest in other places on the roster.

Hunter made sense 3 months ago.  Not anymore.

19 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

There's 3 big money positions that I think are key.. QB, DE, and CB... I'm not sure you can 'break the bank' for all 3 of them and fill out your roster. They signed the CB...they'll sign the QB... There's a reason they're investing draft capital into the the DE

I thought 'director of electronic espionage' was the most important and deserving of big money position. 🤔

image.jpeg.757c4a63f4a20929ea452f38e326cbf0.jpeg

All of these Defensive End posts point to a good percentage of the fan base not only saying they don't agree with how Beane has handled the position - but are simply disregarding he's made many moves in the first place and that the depth chart is already filled. You may want the guy in a Bills uniform but there has to be a place for him. There just isn't on this roster.

Addison took a pay cut to stay alongside Hughes. Beane has never told a player if he wants to stay, he has to take a pay cut, and then cut him anyways (not even Tyler Kroft). We signed Obada. We drafted Rousseau in the 1st. We drafted Basham in the 2nd. We drafted Epenesa last year with our top pick. We only keep 5 Defensive Ends Max.

We need a ton of cap space for Josh and Tremaine. We'll need our top picks next year to replenish players we'll probably let go just to make Josh and Tremaine happen. We aren't making an expensive trade. Especially not one that would cost the amount of cap and draft picks like Hunter, Jones, or Mack. And not to a position that's already been addressed. Heavily. As it is, we may have to cut Obada bc we have 5 keepers in Hughes, Addison, Rousseau, Basham, and Epenesa. 

LIke it or not - we are NOT making any more moves at DE for 2021. We won't be making many more, if any, substantial moves at all. If we do, it will be to positions we're light at like Tight End, 1-Tech Defensive Tackle, Linebacker, or Cornerback.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1