Hey Levon... You made the wrong choice

kirkwoodus13

20 hours ago, NewEra said:

Break the bank?  Lol

Bell signed a 4 year 52 MILLION contract with the NY Jets....Great money spent for a washed up 3.6 yard per carry RB who appears to be a nuisance wherever he goes....LOL

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, JPP said:

Bell signed a 4 year 52 MILLION contract with the NY Jets....Great money spent for a washed up 3.6 yard per carry RB who appears to be a nuisance wherever he goes....LOL

Yeah…..what does the contract he signed in 2019 have to do with him breaking the bank in 2021?  Do you expect him to get another contract that “breaks the bank”?

22 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah…..what does the contract he signed in 2019 have to do with him breaking the bank in 2021?  Do you expect him to get another contract that “breaks the bank”?

lol

What a ass hat the dude basically calls one of the most respected coaches in the league a liar while he's looking for a job man him & AB were made for each other but just like AB you know some one will give him a shot and he still won't be happy they need to just need to leave these kinds of players to the curb .

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, JPP said:

LOL...yeah ok keep pushin the Le'veon Bell theory wont cost too much and worth it....LOL...

I didn’t push anything…..I said bring him in and take a look at him. Dude isn’t gonna get paid Jack ****.   I’d say 2.5M max…,most likely vet minimum or his career will be over.

@JPP  how much $ do you think Leveon is going to get?

Edited by NewEra

13 hours ago, NewEra said:

I didn’t push anything…..I said bring him in and take a look at him. Dude isn’t gonna get paid Jack ****.   I’d say 2.5M max…,most likely vet minimum or his career will be over.

@JPP  how much $ do you think Leveon is going to get?

The whole point is how much he thinks of himself and what his agent(s) are going to be asking for.....I dont think his ego will allow him to seek anything around 2.5 mill

On 6/15/2021 at 11:05 AM, JPP said:

Bell signed a 4 year 52 MILLION contract with the NY Jets

I remember that was my favorite signing of that entire offseason.

I still laugh thinking about it. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JPP said:

The whole point is how much he thinks of himself and what his agent(s) are going to be asking for.....I dont think his ego will allow him to seek anything around 2.5 mill

My whole point is…..no one is going to pay him more.  No one.  So…..it’s retire or sign for pennies.  If he wants his career to continue, he’ll be signing a one year deal with a team that can give him a chance to flourish again.  We wouldn’t be “breaking the bank”  

I wouldn't sign a malcontent, washed up,  slow RB that has been totally ineffective on 2 teams now since holding out an entire season for more money if he would come here for a nickel. 

We've got a guy in Singletary who is process personified, and is a better back today than Bell. I'm excited to see how his work with a speed coach pays off. 

Bills have dodged 2 disasters now in AB and Bell. Sometimes not getting a guy in FA/trade is a blessing. 

• Agree 1

On 6/13/2021 at 11:24 PM, kirkwoodus13 said:

This man should be a Bill right now.. it’s no secret the Bills were extremely interested in signing him but he choose the easy road for a championship. He is better than every back we have right now. He needs carries and reps. His pass protection/blocking has always been excellent. He runs route like a receiver. The only question is his health and the fact that he sign to play with the JETS and Adam Gase. He is perfect for this scheme. Bring this man in and let him compete to be that Number 1 and only lead back. We need a back that can make the defense respect our running game . Two third round pick and a wash up Brieda is not going to get it done. Please Ring the Bell Mr. Beane

Have you watched him run the past 2 seasons? Bell has lost a step and is a cancer- hard pass.

On 6/13/2021 at 11:52 PM, IgotBILLStopay said:

Not a bad thought. At this point, he can be had for the minimum - so it likely wont affect the cap. And he does have an animosity towards Andy Reid - which will make him extra motivated for the KC game. Maybe sign him just before that game:)

No- guy is a cancer- our culture says not a chance he is welcomed here. 

39 minutes ago, NewEra said:

My whole point is…..no one is going to pay him more.  No one.  So…..it’s retire or sign for pennies.  If he wants his career to continue, he’ll be signing a one year deal with a team that can give him a chance to flourish again.  We wouldn’t be “breaking the bank”  

My issue with this is wasn’t that what KC was supposed to be.  He was paid by the NYJ - signed a deal in KC to get a shot at a ring and show he could still play.  He couldn’t beat out an UDFA when CEH was injured and then threw the coach under the bus.  KC teammates then came to Reid’s defense and basically said “He didn’t work hard enough and if there were issues to look in the mirror”.  Not a ringing endorsement of Bell.

Then assume you sign him for “pennies” - even 2.5 million or less - how motivated is he really going to be to come to another team and play on a cheap deal?  He was not real motivated on a championship team last year.  He blasted a pretty player friendly coach that most guys really seem to love to play for.

If you got Bell of 4-5 years ago - a guy that seemed motivated and still wanted to be the best - that would be a guy I offer a cheap contract and hope to revive.  The current Bell showed money was most important when he walked away from Pittsburgh and threw that team under the bus.  Then in NY after signing a huge deal - he was never able to do anything and threw that team under a bus.  KC was supposed to be the perfect fit - an offensive HC coming off a championship.  A team that likes to use RBs both running and catching the ball.  A near perfect fit and Bell couldn’t get into that team having nearly 1/2 a season to pick things up.

7 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

My issue with this is wasn’t that what KC was supposed to be.  He was paid by the NYJ - signed a deal in KC to get a shot at a ring and show he could still play.  He couldn’t beat out an UDFA when CEH was injured and then threw the coach under the bus.  KC teammates then came to Reid’s defense and basically said “He didn’t work hard enough and if there were issues to look in the mirror”.  Not a ringing endorsement of Bell.

Then assume you sign him for “pennies” - even 2.5 million or less - how motivated is he really going to be to come to another team and play on a cheap deal?  He was not real motivated on a championship team last year.  He blasted a pretty player friendly coach that most guys really seem to love to play for.

If you got Bell of 4-5 years ago - a guy that seemed motivated and still wanted to be the best - that would be a guy I offer a cheap contract and hope to revive.  The current Bell showed money was most important when he walked away from Pittsburgh and threw that team under the bus.  Then in NY after signing a huge deal - he was never able to do anything and threw that team under a bus.  KC was supposed to be the perfect fit - an offensive HC coming off a championship.  A team that likes to use RBs both running and catching the ball.  A near perfect fit and Bell couldn’t get into that team having nearly 1/2 a season to pick things up.

After reading that, I have no clue what your issue is with what I had said.   

I’m not saying we should sign him…..

I’m not saying that he will be a great fit with any team or situation…

I’m not saying that he’ll be any good…..

I’m saying that he won’t “break the bank” as one poster said….

I’m saying that he will likely take the minimum salary for a team that he thinks can showcase his skills…..or he will have to retire because no one will pay him more…..

I said previously that it can’t hurt to bring him in for a workout and see what he has…..

So you’re saying what?  What do you disagree with? 

19 minutes ago, NewEra said:

After reading that, I have no clue what your issue is with what I had said.   

I’m not saying we should sign him…..

I’m not saying that he will be a great fit with any team or situation…

I’m not saying that he’ll be any good…..

I’m saying that he won’t “break the bank” as one poster said….

I’m saying that he will likely take the minimum salary for a team that he thinks can showcase his skills…..or he will have to retire because no one will pay him more…..

I said previously that it can’t hurt to bring him in for a workout and see what he has…..

So you’re saying what?  What do you disagree with? 

I am saying - I wouldn’t even bring him in at vet minimum.  

He wasn’t motivated to perform in NY with a big salary or KC on a championship level team - I don’t see him being more motivated to come in and play for a minimum/low salary for a coach that wants you to earn your playing time.

I see him taking the money from some team - complaining about being underutilized and thinking it is once again an issue with the 4th different team that is the problem. 

Edited by Rochesterfan

8 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I am saying - I wouldn’t even bring him in at vet minimum.  

He wasn’t motivated to perform in NY with a big salary or KC on a championship level team - I don’t see him being more motivated to come in and play for a minimum/low salary for a coach that wants you to earn your playing time.

I see him taking the money from some team - complaining about being underutilized and thinking it is once again an issue with the 4th different team that is the problem. 

Ok….. cool.  

i didn’t say that we should bring him in for the minimum…..I said we should bring him in.  Watch him.  Talk to him.  Then decide…..as opposed to just closing the door because of a hunch

Edited by NewEra

Just now, NewEra said:

Ok….. cool.  

I don’t disagree with what you said - I just wouldn’t personally sign him.  

I totally agree that he will most likely have to take a minimum/low salary to rehabilitate himself.

I am just not sure he cares enough about football to do that well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.