Travis Kelce says this team is neck and neck with the Chiefs .. the Browns

10 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Took me a couple of seconds to find one example .. here you go:

https://www.wivb.com/sports/giants-provide-bulletin-board-material-for-bills/

"On video boards throughout the team’s training facility are the tweet that makes mention of Shurmur’s remarks from NFL Network Reporter Kim Jones.

Kim Jones

@KimJonesSports ep 11, 2019"

Pat Shurmur said before 2018 draft, #NYG thought QB Josh Allen “had a chance to be a starter” in the NFL. Seems like a pretty low bar.... so I followed up. Shurmur repeated the line. BUFvsNYG on Sunday.

When asked about the quote on the TVs throughout the facility, Bills head coach Sean McDermott called it “internal messaging.”

So I would say yes to your question. I would "assume" that if I looked I could find more as I know I have heard the players after games refer to such things.

Cool. Nice job finding that.  Seems like a silly thing to motivate professional players that way, but it seems to work.  Even Brady seemed to respond to slights as motivation.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

What are you missing on their plan?  The have a great o-line and d-line.  They have a capable QB and they invested heavily in the WR and TE spot.  This offseason they tried to fix their secondary.  It's practically the same playbook the Bills have taken only the Bills fixed their secondary first and are now addressing the d-line.  

Love what they are doing on the lines.  Its the offensive skill positions that cause my concern.  Its a passing league and I'm not sure they have the long term plan there correct.  Is Baker truth and how much are you paying him? Do they need Chubb? Will OBJ live up to his contract? Are there any receivers after OBJ and Landry?  

I think they have made a formidable team for this year, and going forward they have a lot of good pieces.  However, I have concerns that they will be able to compete in the passing game long term.  We have many times seem "capable QB" play get paid too much and that results in other players not being affordable.  That is my concern for their team.  If you are comfortable with Baker long term then more power to you.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Cool. Nice job finding that.  Seems like a silly thing to motivate professional players that way, but it seems to work.  Even Brady seemed to respond to slights as motivation.

I used to think that way also, why does a pro need motivation, right? 

But these guys are all so close to each other, you use any edge you can find.