Travis Kelce says this team is neck and neck with the Chiefs .. the Browns

3 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

I think there are 6 teams that could get on a run and represent the AFC (Baltimore, Buffalo, Cleveland, Indy, KC, and Tennessee) with KC the clear favorite. My only point was McDermott will likely add this to the bulletin board. As for Cleveland being closer a) Mahomes missed a large part of that game which was obviously significant; and b) you can’t use 1 game as a trend.

If anything, McD should put it on the bulletin board in his office, I put last year's Chiefs debacles on him and his staff.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, transient said:

You mean the game where the Browns actually got enough pressure on him to knock him out in the 3rd Q. Fluke or not, they got to him. 

Mahomes was on pace for 30+ points before he left. They got a backup break. They beat one team with a winning record not named Steelers.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

I think there are 6 teams that could get on a run and represent the AFC (Baltimore, Buffalo, Cleveland, Indy, KC, and Tennessee) with KC the clear favorite. My only point was McDermott will likely add this to the bulletin board. As for Cleveland being closer a) Mahomes missed a large part of that game which was obviously significant; and b) you can’t use 1 game as a trend.

I agree with everything you say but I think the Bills are the clear #2 team with Josh Allen and our whole offense leading this team. I think if the offense is healthy (which it wasn't last playoffs) none of those other teams stop ouroffense, maybe even KC can't stop us healthy. If Allen has his weapons, it turns into a shootout with KC. I definitely think Allen is a rare super talent. (I think every QB ever born needs to work with a lot of talent to be effective. )

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

I agree with everything you say but I think the Bills are the clear #2 team with Josh Allen and our whole offense leading this team. I think if the offense is healthy (which it wasn't last playoffs) none of those other teams stop ouroffense, maybe even KC can't stop us healthy. If Allen has his weapons, it turns into a shootout with KC. I definitely think Allen is a rare super talent. (I think every QB ever born needs to work with a lot of talent to be effective. )

Maybe….that’s on the coaches to devise a better offensive game plan imo.  Spags out coached Daboll in both meetings last year. True, we had Injured WRs in the playoff game, but we were relatively healthy on O during the Regular season game and we couldn’t really move the chains until the 4th qtr.  we have the talent to take them to the woodshed…..with the proper game plan. Daboll is capable.  Now he just has to do it. 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, TBBills said:

Mahomes was on pace for 30+ points before he left. They got a backup break. They beat one team with a winning record not named Steelers.

Two in addition to the Steelers twice - Indy and Tennessee.

• Haha (+1) 1

Best part is he only said it b.c he was in Cleveland so it's like a rock band saying you are the best city.

So all the Bills haters here took it and ran. Now make up things like the Chiefs would beat the Bills with a backup QB.

• Shocked 1

19 hours ago, ALF said:

Kelce was born and raised in Cleveland so not a surprise

Yeah, this was all over NFLR on Saturday.  At the end of the discussion, the announcers coughed it up to what you said in that he’s from there and gave Cleveland some love.  One of the announcers thought he was a Browns fan as a kid from a previous interview.

The Browns or maybe the Ravens should take the division as I have no faith the Steelers can keep up with their line destroyed.  Some are going bananas over Harris, but if he doesn’t have a hole, he’s going nowhere.

23 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

He can see them and the Chiefs going back and forth in the playoffs

in the meantime McDermott is posting this in 200 font Times New Roman on the bulletin board.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/06/13/travis-kelce-browns-are-contenders-neck-and-neck-with-chiefs-in-the-afc/#comments

Apparently it doesn't take much to set you off. And yes, the Browns could have a very good team. 

16 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

Apparently it doesn't take much to set you off. And yes, the Browns could have a very good team. 

I love this board .. you post something and people miraculously know how you are feeling and thinking... I was not "set off" at all by what Kelce said. I stated above I think the Brownies are good and are one of 6 teams that I could see representing the AFC with the Chiefs (not the Bills - before I am labeled a homer) as the clear cut favorite. My only point was McDermott will use it as bulletin board fodder. If you disagree with that then sweet, if you want to chat about how you think the Browns will or will not be a competitor for the AFC fine. If you want to psychoanalyze your fellow posters .. well you kind of stink at it.

most of the posters here seem to think the browns fate falls on baker mayfield but it doesn't.   the browns D was horrid last year especially in the backend. They couldnt stop mahomes or allen or lamar  hell they couldnt stop Mike Glennon last year and still won 11 games and a playoff game.

if the browns D becomes average or a little above average they are going to be a contender.  they can and will score points thats not the problem.

As far as the browns future and plan not making sense and thinking the browns are going to fall off i don't think so.  Berry has been really good as GM in his first year he fixed the Oline into one of the best in the league and that transformed the offense. In his second year he went after the weak backend in a similar way all while keeping the dead money top 3 in the NFL and they are top 4 in cap space.

i think its going to be the bills, KC , Cle , indy, balt for the foreseeable future in the AFC

Edited by snowbelt_subie

23 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

Titans we’re a winner this off season?  Their defense is very bad.  I think everyone is a bit too high on the browns but they will be good if mayfield doesn’t stink up the joint. For the browns I sorta don’t see the long term plan as well as I do for us. How much are they prepared to pay mayfield when he wins another first round playoff game?  Also love that the north and west get to beat up on each other this year. 

What are you missing on their plan?  The have a great o-line and d-line.  They have a capable QB and they invested heavily in the WR and TE spot.  This offseason they tried to fix their secondary.  It's practically the same playbook the Bills have taken only the Bills fixed their secondary first and are now addressing the d-line.  

26 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

I love this board .. you post something and people miraculously know how you are feeling and thinking... I was not "set off" at all by what Kelce said. I stated above I think the Brownies are good and are one of 6 teams that I could see representing the AFC with the Chiefs (not the Bills - before I am labeled a homer) as the clear cut favorite. My only point was McDermott will use it as bulletin board fodder. If you disagree with that then sweet, if you want to chat about how you think the Browns will or will not be a competitor for the AFC fine. If you want to psychoanalyze your fellow posters .. well you kind of stink at it.

Honest question.  Has he ever done that before?  I am not aware of any time where he took a perceived slight to the team and used it for motivation.  If he has let the board know.  I'm not saying he hasn't I just don't recall a time where he did or the players talked about him using that specific motivational tactic?

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

What are you missing on their plan?  The have a great o-line and d-line.  They have a capable QB and they invested heavily in the WR and TE spot.  This offseason they tried to fix their secondary.  It's practically the same playbook the Bills have taken only the Bills fixed their secondary first and are now addressing the d-line.  

Honest question.  Has he ever done that before?  I am not aware of any time where he took a perceived slight to the team and used it for motivation.  If he has let the board know.  I'm not saying he hasn't I just don't recall a time where he did or the players talked about him using that specific motivational tactic?

Took me a couple of seconds to find one example .. here you go:

https://www.wivb.com/sports/giants-provide-bulletin-board-material-for-bills/

"On video boards throughout the team’s training facility are the tweet that makes mention of Shurmur’s remarks from NFL Network Reporter Kim Jones.

Kim Jones

@KimJonesSports ep 11, 2019"

Pat Shurmur said before 2018 draft, #NYG thought QB Josh Allen “had a chance to be a starter” in the NFL. Seems like a pretty low bar.... so I followed up. Shurmur repeated the line. BUFvsNYG on Sunday.

When asked about the quote on the TVs throughout the facility, Bills head coach Sean McDermott called it “internal messaging.”

So I would say yes to your question. I would "assume" that if I looked I could find more as I know I have heard the players after games refer to such things.