Travis Kelce says this team is neck and neck with the Chiefs .. the Browns

57 minutes ago, Process said:

He was at a Browns charity event. Maybe that's why they came up?

My god bills fans can be insufferable sometimes.

🤦‍♂️

Pot meet kettle .. try not to be one of those insufferable people who read too much into a post. I agree if he was at aBills players event he might have said the same thing about the Bills .. and I still think McDermott will use it. You may disagree .. congrats .. maybe you are right and maybe you are wrong .. but in either case take something for your stress. Clearly this impacted you in a negative way 🤦‍♂️

8 minutes ago, klos63 said:

They came a lot closer to beating the Chiefs than we did.

I think there are 6 teams that could get on a run and represent the AFC (Baltimore, Buffalo, Cleveland, Indy, KC, and Tennessee) with KC the clear favorite. My only point was McDermott will likely add this to the bulletin board. As for Cleveland being closer a) Mahomes missed a large part of that game which was obviously significant; and b) you can’t use 1 game as a trend.

1 hour ago, CorkScrewHill said:

He can see them and the Chiefs going back and forth in the playoffs

in the meantime McDermott is posting this in 200 font Times New Roman on the bulletin board.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/06/13/travis-kelce-browns-are-contenders-neck-and-neck-with-chiefs-in-the-afc/#comments

For the record, here is Kelce's exact quote, from that article:

"They’re definitely a contender, without a doubt,” Kelce said of the Browns, via Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal. “It’s definitely there. Baker [Mayfield] and the gang have upped the ante, made this team an unbelievable team and a team you have to prepare for and take serious. I think that moving forward without a doubt, I can see a lot more playoff games between us, and I’ll just take it one day at a time and hope for it. I think the Browns and Chiefs are definitely neck and neck.”

“It’s impressive to see where they’ve come from and where they are now because it’s a legit contender,” Kelce said, “and every team’s going to have to bring it.”"

1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Until Bills defense can stop them he’s not wrong with his comment.  Browns match up better with them.  

I agree and the Browns have big name players at key positions,  the Bills do not have enough elite play makers at key positions.  Even WR,  who is the deep stretch the field player this season now that Brown is gone?  I still like our chances if we stay healthy but It would be nice to add another speed WR or playing making TE. 

6 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Nick Wright? What you doing here?

He's not wrong... The Bills scored two touchdowns in the championship game. One where we started on the 5 yd line after a fluke fumble. The other in garbage time when the game was over. 

The Chiefs could have beat us with probably 30+ different QBs that game. 

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

20 minutes ago, krf139 said:

Coming from someone who ran all over the field against us without any semblance of resistance, I doubt he'd be saying flattering things about the Bills.

He learned the formula for dominating McD's defense is run 10 yards down the field, turn around, catch ball and repeat over and over again.  Our defensive staff had no answers to this complex strategy.     

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Process said:

He was at a Browns charity event. Maybe that's why they came up?

My god bills fans can be insufferable sometimes.

🤦‍♂️

Only "sometimes?"  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TBBills said:

You mean the game Mahomes went out early in the third quarter? Yea, good reference.

You mean the game where the Browns actually got enough pressure on him to knock him out in the 3rd Q. Fluke or not, they got to him. 

• Dislike 1

32 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Yeah.  The Bills really should've looked to upgrade their pass rush in the draft.  Oh well.

I’m assuming this is sarcasm, you know, given the Bills going DE with 1 and 2. It doesn’t change the fact that the Browns had a much better chance of winning their playoff game against the Chiefs than we did in 2020. Blame injuries and officiating all you want, but we weren’t close to stopping their offense. 

1 minute ago, transient said:

I’m assuming this is sarcasm, you know, given the Bills going DE with 1 and 2. It doesn’t change the fact that the Browns had a much better chance of winning their playoff game against the Chiefs than we did in 2020. Blame injuries and officiating all you want, but we weren’t close to stopping their offense. 

Neither were they as Mahomes put up 255 passing yards up on them and 23 (should've been 27 points on them) midway through the third quarter.  He had all day to throw (Browns had one sack the whole game) as the Browns mainly only rushed four and his injury happened on a scramble.

• Like (+1) 3