Josh Allen's puppy

Beerball

On 6/13/2021 at 6:01 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Anyone seen that show Big Sky on ABC? Weird. Also is it over? I keep waiting for the new episode 

I think it's supposed to return in the fall. What do you think of it Yolo?

My wife and I think story-line is good (CJ Box books are always good reads) -- at least good enough to keep us watching - but at time the writing for the TV series seems a bit juvenile. How many times do you find yourself saying to the two lead characters, "that is stupid! Don't do that! Don't go in there! No!" etc. After a while they are more annoying than anything. It all tends to be a bit too predictable. More like a soap opera than a good Netflix-like series. But, we keep watching.

Edited by CSBill
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Warcodered said:

At this point as far as having it as a pet it's just a lab that happens to be silver doubt there would be much left of anything else mixed in.

After reading a bit more about it, my betting would be on a recessive gene uncovered by inbreeding in the first kennel that publicized them, and that other kennels were seeing the occasional silver lab and kept quiet about it, either culled the puppy (killed it) or quietly gave it away as a pet.

3 hours ago, CSBill said:

I think it's supposed to return in the fall. What do you think of it Yolo?

My wife and I find think story-line is good (CJ Box books are always good reads) -- at least good enough to keep us watching - but at time the writing for the TV series seems a bit juvenile. How many times do you find yourself saying to the two lead characters, "that is stupid! Don't do that! Don't go in there! No!" etc. After a while they are more annoying than anything. It all tends to be a bit too predictable. More like a soap opera than a good Netflix-like series. But, we keep watching.

Strangely enough that was exactly my reaction to the lone CJ Box book I tried to read

i can see who doesn't have little kids in this thread.  Sky is the name of the original (one of two now, iirc) female dog on the Paw Patrol.  Scoff if you will, but the guys who started that up (company called spin masters) are billionaires.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Perhaps you'd like to know that the puppy now has her own Instagram account, @skyallen17, where you may see pictures of Josh Allen feeding his puppy a "pupaccino" at Starbucks Orchard Park, sleeping with a treat between her lips, and playing with a stuffed blue plush Chardonnay bottle - very Cali.

https://www.instagram.com/skyallen17/

Judging by the combination of bold, italics, large type, and what looks like an attempt at a full Football 11 of exclamation points, I feel you would also appreciate the links to the photo of the dog with the Chardonnay bottle and of Josh Allen feeding his pup at Starbucks drive through:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CP67FNKLhIt/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQEGpG8hJ9T/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

[It's the off-season, fella, we got threads about "Levon" Bell, Chris Hogan, Logan Thomas, Madrid, and Josina Anderson.]

I worked for a idiot in San Jose 9 years ago. Internet startup. My very first job function? Make a Twitter account for his dogs, and post as the dogs on said account.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

I worked for a idiot in San Jose 9 years ago. Internet startup. My very first job function? Make a Twitter account for his dogs, and post as the dogs on said account.

LOL poor thing, no wonder you're jaded.  It's one thing for the "dog mom" to do it for fun, it's another if you've got a paid employee whose job it is to do it.

Wonder if I'd feel different about it if I learned Britt and Josh have "personal assistants" whose job it is to do stuff like that.

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

LOL poor thing, no wonder you're jaded.  It's one thing for the "dog mom" to do it for fun, it's another if you've got a paid employee whose job it is to do it.

Wonder if I'd feel different about it if I learned Britt and Josh have "personal assistants" whose job it is to do stuff like that.

My bosses wife would call me at like 9pm on a Sunday asking where the dog tweet was. Seriously.

Love this thread. 
I had a silver toy poodle named noodles when I lived in Buffalo in the 90s. He wore a nice bills sweater and would go to all the bars and restaurants.  We would meet people we didn’t know who knew noodles. He was a star.
Fun times. 

On 6/13/2021 at 1:44 PM, Maynard said:

So it’s essentially a mutt? 😂 I had never heard of a silver Labrador before either. 

The Labrador Retriever Club apparently thinks that somebody slipped in a mixed bred puppy or puppies into the registry but they couldn't prove it in the 1980s, so they had to register the dogs.  It might not have even been the first breeder to have a silver lab puppy but somebody who registered a mixed bred ancestor.   It's also possible that the dilute gene that causes the "silver" color was just a random mutation.  

Prior to DNA testing, registering non-purebreds as purebreds if they looked like purebreds was uncommon but not as rare we'd like to think.  This was always done for economic gain: a purebred animal, ie, registered animal, has much more monetary potential than a non-registered one.   The purpose of registering animals is to record their lineage, and the purpose of breed competitions in conformation or performance is to improve the breed.   Silver labs can't be shown in AKC conformation classes, so breeders who deliberately breed them aren't interested in improving their dogs, but putting money in their pockets.

This kind of unscrupulous behavior in slipping non-purebreds into registries with false parentage happened frequently not only in dog breeding but also in horse breeding, especially in breeds like Quarter Horses where excessive body white or Appaloosa coloring weren't allowed.   DNA testing can weed out puppies or foals with a non-purebred parent but it can't point to which ancestor was non-purebred.  If the parents are the parents, then the puppy or foal has to be registered.  The breed club/registry doesn't have to allowed that animal to compete in any or all breed events, however. That's the status of silver labs. 

On 6/14/2021 at 8:04 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I just followed a dog on Instagram. Not proud. 

Me too.  I'm surprised only 1,200 followers so far.

Question: can ordinary people take their dogs into Target in Buffalo NY, or is this something you can only do if you're Josh Allen or Josh Allen's Girl?

image.thumb.png.b925d129feb372eef8fdde2446d6f924.png

22 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

My dog didn't the a Bills themed name, so I'm not going to scold Josh Allen for not doing so.  My dog is "Mr. Noodles the schnoodle."  I wouldn't mind seeing more pictures of the girlfriend though.

You can see parts of her on the dog's account

image.thumb.png.8dd60a19888421cdc0d27650071b5345.png

image.thumb.png.830205028936ee6c43720bf356bf20d7.png

Probably more efficient to follow the girlfriend if that's your goal.  You'll...ah..see more of her that way (though she doesn't Rachel Bush)

On 6/13/2021 at 8:05 AM, SoTier said:

There is no such thing as a "silver backed" Lab.   It looks like a Weimaraner puppy (they come in tan and silvery gray commonly called "blue"), hence the name "Sky" I would assume. 

Many breed characteristics aren't well defined in young puppies, so you often go by color especially when the color is unique to only certain breeds.  The vet identified my cattledog (Blue Heeler)/Aussie shepherd mix as an Aussie shepherd at 8 weeks old because of his blue merle coloring.  As he grew, his cattledog characteristics emerged.  His size, color, and hair are about the only Aussie Shepherd traits.  Otherwise he looks and acts like a large cattledog.

You must have your hands full keeping that working dog entertained.

9 hours ago, Locomark said:

I’ll go next… Harrison Phillips’ Hamster… 

No, it kind of looks like a Hamster, but it’s actually a tiny dog.  I think it may have its own Instagram as well - I’ll check later.

Understandable mistake between a tiny hairy dog and a Harry hamster.

If you mistake Ed Oliver’s pets for hamsters, you need to REALLY cut back on the drinking though

11 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Josh’s face or the puppy?

Yes

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/20/2021 at 10:21 PM, Locomark said:

I’ll go next… Harrison Phillips’ Hamster… 

23 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No, it kind of looks like a Hamster, but it’s actually a tiny dog.  I think it may have its own Instagram as well - I’ll check later.

Understandable mistake between a tiny hairy dog and a Harry hamster.

See, they're even friends (I think this dog's name is "Marty Moose"

image.thumb.png.f17475021b699197789cb67cb691c54c.png

They shaved it though

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.