Chicago Bulls...First NBA Title 30 years ago today...any fans of that era?

BillsPride12

https://www.nba.com/bulls/features/sam-smiths-reflections-30-year-anniversary-bulls-first-nba-title

Was anybody else into the Chicago Bulls of the 90s? Any fun memories or stories?  Alongside the Bills Super Bowl runs those were my other favorite sports memories growing up.  Only difference was the Bulls always came through at the end with the hardware lol.  Damn 30 years ago since the first Chip?  Where the hell does the time go?

Edited by BillsPride12
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

https://www.nba.com/bulls/features/sam-smiths-reflections-30-year-anniversary-bulls-first-nba-title

Was anybody else into the Chicago Bulls of the 90s? Any fun memories or stories?  Alongside the Bills Super Bowl runs those were my other favorite sports memories growing up.  Only difference was the Bulls always came through at the end with the hardware lol.  Damn 30 years ago since the first Chip?  Where the hell does the time go?

i wasn’t a bulls fan, but how you can not admire that team? Just an absolute killer dynasty with the GOAT Jordan.

what’s amazing is that even though they won 6 titles, they easily could have won 10. They lost out on the 2 during the Jordan mini retirement. And then Reinsdorf got cheap at the end with Pippen— they re-sign Pippen, and they are probably looking at another 2-3 titles. No one was really seriously contending against those Bulls teams, and those titles were there for the taking. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

Well I was a Knicks fan growing up so the Bulls were the nemesis in those days 😂   But yeah I did appreciate those days in those retrospect.  Never had the same interest in the NBA once Michael retired.  

Those teams were always um a careful who you root against for me as well!  Yeah I was never a fan and liked seeming them win but I always would brag to Tom Brady fans Michael has more rings and is better.  It actually made me ill to think now he has more rings than Michael.   It was honestly among one of many reasons that was the first Super Bowl I did not watch a second of...  and don't regret it.  

41 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i wasn’t a bulls fan, but how you can not admire that team? Just an absolute killer dynasty with the GOAT Jordan.

what’s amazing is that even though they won 6 titles, they easily could have won 10. They lost out on the 2 during the Jordan mini retirement. And then Reinsdorf got cheap at the end with Pippen— they re-sign Pippen, and they are probably looking at another 2-3 titles. No one was really seriously contending against those Bulls teams, and those titles were there for the taking. 

It's actually interesting I'm not sure Chicago would have beaten Houston in 94 and 95.  Houston was the one team that did actually match up very well in that time span against the Bulls.  From 1990-1998 they went 8-8 against each other in the regular seasons but Houston won 4 games in a row against them from 1992 to 1993.  I think the combination of a big man in Hakeem and very good guard play gave the Bulls all they can handle back in the day.

I mean yeah Michael and crew would have probably found a way but far from a lock those years 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

I remember sitting in my den in our second house watching what some people would call “a Bulls game”.  In reality, I sat and watched everything Jordan did, on offense and defense. I didn’t follow the ball at all, I followed the GOAT. I found it absolutely fascinating. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

Well I was a Knicks fan growing up so the Bulls were the nemesis in those days 😂   But yeah I did appreciate those days in those retrospect.  Never had the same interest in the NBA once Michael retired.  

Those teams were always um a careful who you root against for me as well!  Yeah I was never a fan and liked seeming them win but I always would brag to Tom Brady fans Michael has more rings and is better.  It actually made me ill to think now he has more rings than Michael.   It was honestly among one of many reasons that was the first Super Bowl I did not watch a second of...  and don't regret it.  

It's actually interesting I'm not sure Chicago would have beaten Houston in 94 and 95.  Houston was the one team that did actually match up very well in that time span against the Bulls.  From 1990-1998 they went 8-8 against each other in the regular seasons but Houston won 4 games in a row against them from 1992 to 1993.  I think the combination of a big man in Hakeem and very good guard play gave the Bulls all they can handle back in the day.

I mean yeah Michael and crew would have probably found a way but far from a lock those years 

As a kid I always thought they would've ran the table 8 years in a row if Mike didn't leave to go play baseball but looking at it now and taking everything you said into consideration and the fact that MJ was insanely burned out after the first 3-peat it's hard for me to truly believe that anymore.  But there will always be that "what if" where you can at least ponder the thought because Jordan was always that damn driven and if anybody could've found a way to will out a couple more titles while he was still in his prime it would be him.  Also not sure they would've had the supporting horses in 95 if Horace still leaves and that would've been before Rodman went there.  

• Like (+1) 1

Yes, but as a Larry Bird Celtics fan.

Later in the 90s I actually liked the Cleveland team with Brad Daugherty, Larry Nance and Mark Price.  Also, the Utah team with Stockton and Malone.    Despite Jordan and the Bulls dominance, that era overall was ugly basketball.  With also the Pistons and Knicks, There were too many grind it out defensive battles with scores in the 80s or lower.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.