Jerry Hughes, the longest tenured Buffalo Bill

just wondering, given our tight cap, and all the high picks spent on the DL the past two drafts, come next year, would Jerry consider staying for reduced salary and role for a SB contender...as in a backup, vet presence in the locker room, etc...or is he productive enough to still cash in somewhere else for one last payday....

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I found my own answer. Bruce played for the Bills for 15 years.  That will be tough to beat.

Andre Reed 15 years as well.  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/ReedAn00.htm

I googled a lot of names that came to mind like Moorman, Talley, Kelly, Tasker, Thurman, Joe Ferguson.  seemed 11 years for most of them was the cut off.  

Edited by Another Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Andre Reed 15 years as well.  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/ReedAn00.htm

I googled a lot of names that came to mind like Moorman, Talley, Kelly, Tasker, Thurman, Joe Ferguson.  seemed 11 years for most of them was the cut off.  

Yea, 15 years seems to be the time in service to beat.

I found my own answer. Bruce played for the Bills for 15 years.  That will be tough to beat.

I’m confidant that 17 will play at least 17 years with the bills 

28 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He will play until he's 42 with 8 Lombardy Trophies and be considered the new GOAT!  OH TO DREAM...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Rico said:

True but fans have to be consistent (not saying you aren't).  If they blame Whaley for drafting EJ then he should be given credit for trading for Hughes even though he technically wasn't GM at the time.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

True but fans have to be consistent (not saying you aren't).  If they blame Whaley for drafting EJ then he should be given credit for trading for Hughes even though he technically wasn't GM at the time.

True. Me, I have consistently blamed Nix for drafting EJ and Whaley for keeping him on the team for 4 years.

Edited by Rico
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s not to say he hasn’t been injured. But he always plays.

All I can say about Jerry is that he leaves it on the field every damn play and to have not missed a game is insane. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

We might have won that trade.

Yes, but the jury is still out..

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

Thank you.

Thank you.

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

If you were SOOOO confident why did you not post that 17 times rather than 2?

Because I’m starting to figure out the server lag/connection issues that I have at times 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

had his share of (some bogus calls) 15 yd personal fouls

personal foul

15yds.jpg

There was a point in Hughes’ career where he got lots of bogus penalties based on reputation. I’m also certain that playing for Rex Ryan didn’t help. Ryan teams were not only undisciplined, they also get placed under the microscope from refs due to Ryan’s reputation. 

On 6/11/2021 at 9:27 PM, Southern_Bills said:

Jerry is a great player. Doesn't get enough recognition, he has got some bad penalties, but I wouldn't want to see him go.

No one in the league gets held like him. I know ref bridges were burned but if NFL officials did their job fairly, Jerry would go down as one of the Bills great pass rushers. He's still a disruptive force.

• Agree 1

On 6/12/2021 at 1:59 AM, Doc Brown said:

Doug Whaley did pull off two lopsided trades (this one and Shady).  I'll give him that much.

I give him nothing , he took Sammy over it hurts to even say it