Schein did get it right, this article proves it..

D521646

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/look-back-is-josh-allen-a-2020-mvp-candidate/ar-AAKWAUv?ocid=msedgntpLook Back: Is Josh Allen a 2020 MVP Candidate? (msn.com)

Kidding (I think) aside, one of the seemingly boldest offseason takes last year was from Adam Schein who had this to say about Josh Allen and the Buffalo Bills, which we discussed here last year in May:

I think this team is going places. And I think this aerial attack is about to explode. Buffalo GM Brandon Beane brilliantly traded for Stefon Diggs, giving Allen a legit No. 1 receiver. Those two will make beautiful music together. And don’t forget about Allen’s great chemistry with John Brown and Cole Beasley, which will only get better in their second season together.

Yeah, Schein has rubbed me the wrong way a few times, BUT, he did call this early when it wasn't popular to do so, credit due!

Tim-

Edited by D521646
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, D521646 said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/look-back-is-josh-allen-a-2020-mvp-candidate/ar-AAKWAUv?ocid=msedgntpLook Back: Is Josh Allen a 2020 MVP Candidate? (msn.com)

Yeah, Schein has rubbed me the wrong way a few times, BUT, he did call this early when it wasn't popular to do so, credit due!

Tim-

I always liked Schein, his takes usually seem genuine. He isn't always right but I do believe he at least believes what he is saying. 

Better than some, alot of guys just throw out wild takes to stir the pot and get attention. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Schein was way ahead of most of the media getting on the Bills bandwagon. I don’t care what people think of him or others in the media, but he was ahead of the curve here by most standards. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

He was the only member of the mass media who panned the Rex Ryan hire too. Schein has been right on the Bills as much as anyone. Rex was a dreadful hire made by naive owners who didn't know what they were doing and allowed their organisation to become an (even bigger) clown show. 

On the other hand McDermott was a hire that transformed the organisation made by owners who realised courting attention did not necessarily translate to on-field success.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I know he does Schein on Sports on Sirius, but miss him hosting the Blitz on NFLR.  He was always interesting and predicted properly not just the failures and successes of the Bills, but also several teams.  I remember him saying some positive things about Mahomes in 2017 before he took off.  It was at the end of the season, and he was saying Reid would help become the next franchise QB.  As you guys remember he sat most of 2017, and there wasn’t the love fest like was starting to brew in 2018.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Schein started his career here in the Cuse and has always been a bit of a Bills "homer".  I'm guessing he has followed the Bills a bit more closely as a result and seems to have better insights than some of the other so-called experts.  His schtick makes him seem kind of goofy on the surface but he's always been a decent analyst of the game and sports in general.

9 hours ago, D521646 said:

Tim-

Adam Schein has consistently been a vocal advocate for Josh Allen from the day Allen was drafted.  He is okay in my book.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, D521646 said:

Tim-

Why would you let him rub you?

9 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I know he does Schein on Sports on Sirius, but miss him hosting the Blitz on NFLR.  He was always interesting and predicted properly not just the failures and successes of the Bills, but also several teams.  I remember him saying some positive things about Mahomes in 2017 before he took off.  It was at the end of the season, and he was saying Reid would help become the next franchise QB.  As you guys remember he sat most of 2017, and there wasn’t the love fest like was starting to brew in 2018.

UPSET SPECIAL! Yeah, I thought Schein was the best thing on NFL Sirius, back in the day when I listened.

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Rico said:

UPSET SPECIAL! Yeah, I thought Schein was the best thing on NFL Sirius, back in the day when I listened.

And now with the NFL update, we have Zig…, Law and Order, FER…GASS…III.  DUN DUN.

He laughs every time I call in, (Zig) and I’m like my Niagara Falls buddy.  I guess it’s where he’s originally from.  Schein always made a thing of it back in the day.

On 6/12/2021 at 3:19 AM, GunnerBill said:

He was the only member of the mass media who panned the Rex Ryan hire too. Schein has been right on the Bills as much as anyone. Rex was a dreadful hire made by naive owners who didn't know what they were doing and allowed their organisation to become an (even bigger) clown show. 

On the other hand McDermott was a hire that transformed the organisation made by owners who realised courting attention did not necessarily translate to on-field success.

Organization? Speak English, please.

• Haha (+1) 1