Josina Anderson - Bills still looking to improve TE position

1 hour ago, Frat-Train said:

And itā€™s THAT kinda attitude that will see Johnson take his all pro, generationalĀ talent to somewhere crazy like San Fran or Detroit. Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

DAMMIT!

In bigger news... Ā  Chris Watson may be considering a comeback!!! Ā Discuss....

Ā 

That is great news - we can always use a punt catcher on the team.

Ā 

A great use of special teams resources.

Ā 

šŸ˜‚

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

How do you figure $1.5M?Ā  Someone on here had said cutting him released $3.2M and trading him was worth $4M.Ā  I see on salarysport Butler is listed as total $4.3M.

Ā 

But, yes, I agree, getting both Ertz and Nelson is very unlikely.

Ā 

$3M salary, half guaranteed. Oh, geez, you're talking about a trade here, not a cut. OK, my fault, all $3M will be saved.

Ā 

Roster bonus already paid. $1M of his signing bonus not yet accounted for, but must be.

Ā 

So, they'd save $3M. Sorry, my bone-headed mistake. $2.2M would be dead cap if they trade him, the roster bonus and the unamortized signing bonus.

Ā 

Cutting him would only save $1.5M. Trading him saves $3M plus whatever part of his workout bonus ($100K total) remained unpaid.

Edited by Thurman#1

On 6/10/2021 at 9:35 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

MaybeĀ they always planned to do the deal in June once they created cap space. This is probably the most likely scenario. I mean Ertz started following Buffalo Bills and Josh Allen . I'm guessing this has been done for a while.Ā 

Ā 

I think Sweeney is going to Philly as partĀ of the trade asĀ well.Ā 

I would try to keep Sweeney. Ertz will likely only be in Buffalo for a year

1 hour ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Ertz had a very bad Wentz throwing to him last season

Ā 

True and it definitely affected Ertz numbers wise. But when I watch him hes really lumbering and has trouble separating.Ā  Physically he looks near cooked

1 minute ago, DJB said:

Ā 

True and it definitely affected Ertz numbers wise. But when I watch him hes really lumbering and has trouble separating.Ā  Physically he looks near cooked

Ā 

Ā 

Maybe he needed some rest. WeĀ could have a very motivated Ertz!! We wouldn't need him to be the player he was in Philly.

Beane is not a guy to ponder roster decissions in the media.Ā  Just like edge rusher.Ā  Edge rusher was a concern.Ā  Beane drafted a guy in Rd 1 and 2.Ā  One offseason he signed 6 olineman.Ā  Another he signed 2 wrs day 1 of FA.Ā  What I am saying is that if he was worried about it he would fix it.Ā  Imo he is trying to motivate Knox to hopefully take a step.

Ā 

18 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

Ā 

Ā 

Maybe he needed some rest. WeĀ could have a very motivated Ertz!! We wouldn't need him to be the player he was in Philly.

Ā 

He did suffer through a high ankle sprain most of the year and missed 5 games as a result as well.Ā 

It seems we must have some offer on the table for Ertz at this point. Since a trade for him hasnā€™t happened, we can assume the Eagles want more than our offer. We can also assume the Eagles arenā€™t waiting on Buffalo, so no one elseā€™s offer has been deemed good enough either.

Ā 

SweeteningĀ the offer might get it done but we donā€™t really have a strong need either. Ā I think I would be going the other way. Ā If, hypothetically we have offered a 5th, I would make it clear that is only through a certain date, say July 1st for example. After that date, the offer becomes a 6th. Ā The guy may be worth more but, then again, apparently not if no one is surpassing our offer. Ā The market pretty much demonstrates a playerā€™s worth at a given time. Ā I guess I would like to have him but donā€™t see why we need to chase. Ā The Eagles have to do something. Ā We donā€™t really

• Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Beane is not a guy to ponder roster decissions in the media.Ā  Just like edge rusher.Ā  Edge rusher was a concern.Ā  Beane drafted a guy in Rd 1 and 2.Ā  One offseason he signed 6 olineman.Ā  Another he signed 2 wrs day 1 of FA.Ā  What I am saying is that if he was worried about it he would fix it.Ā  Imo he is trying to motivate Knox to hopefully take a step.

Ā 

Well, the ten million dollar question in that case is...what is he using the Diggs restructure for?

1 minute ago, Boxcar said:

Well, the ten million dollar question in that case is...what is he using the Diggs restructure for?

Well he immediately used it to sign our first round pick as that happened immediately afterwards.

Ā 

He is also working on extensions for Tremaine and Josh - so he could roll it over.

Ā 

He could be waiting until camp cut downs as he has typically signed 1-2 veterans that get cut out of other camps.

Ā 

He could be looking at a couple of players. Ā There are a bunch of options or he could be waiting on a trade.

Ā 

This rumor has been going on so long - I think there is less smoke/fire and more embers that certain FOs are trying to stoke.

Ā 

If the Bills really wanted Ertz - this would have gone down with the draft. Ā Now it is just a waiting game - as I donā€™t think the Bills really want a trade - I think they are looking for a cut and sign.

23 hours ago, DJB said:

Ā 

Ā 

This is the final piece and now Ertz is being dealt. Right?!?!?!

Ā 

Who's checking the Pegulas plane right now?!?Ā 

Ā 

Iā€™m hoping Josina ā€œNostradamusā€ Anderson can add a when to the what. So far, zippo. Time will tell, but I think itā€™s safe to say we would like to get better at EVERY position.Ā