Josina Anderson - Bills still looking to improve TE position

15 hours ago, Georgie said:

I like the Hurst idea....cheaper....younger...but neither he nor Ertz is a great blocker

Do TE's even block much anymore?  Guys like Lee Smith are dinosaurs in today's game.  TE's are about getting down the seam and making big chunk plays.  At least they are on most teams not named the Buffalo Bills.   

1 minute ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Do TE's even block much anymore?  Guys like Lee Smith are dinosaurs in today's game.  TE's are about getting down the seam and making big chunk plays.  At least they are on most teams not named the Buffalo Bills.   

In certain schemes they do. Kelce isn't asked to block as much as Kittle for example, but the top guys are all very capable blockers.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Howard has mostly been "injury bug" type stuff.....Knox "somethings just missing"....but your right, both "what ifs" just in different ways.

We know what's missing with Knox...hands. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Always thought OJ Howard would be a great upside guy if he put it all together. 

Would love to have him, but at this point he’s proven to be nothing more than Knox, not sure that’s the guy you hang your hat on.

16 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Maybe they always planned to do the deal in June once they created cap space. This is probably the most likely scenario. I mean Ertz started following Buffalo Bills and Josh Allen . I'm guessing this has been done for a while. 

I think Sweeney is going to Philly as part of the trade as well. 

I feel I’d he’s traded, it’s to the Bills.

Hope Sweeney isn’t part of the deal.  Think he can be a good player.  Especially if we give them a draft pick.  5th rounder tops and that’s it.

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This is an insultingly low under-estimation of how tied into players, and especially anything having to do with the Philadelphia Eagles, Josina Anderson is.

She's speculating about things inside the Bills' building, where the poster does not think she has any sources. If she were reporting based upon a source in the Eagles organization then she would be speculating as to "apprehension" in Buffalo without having direct knowledge of it. I don't see apprehension, I see a goal to improve at all positions when possible. If her source is in Philly, she's a poor writer. If the Bills were "apprehensive" they would have overpaid for a TE in FA.

Either way, I don't see anything rising to the point of "insulting" or any other emotional response you have to that post.

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Either way, I don't see anything rising to the point of "insulting" or any other emotional response you have to that post.

Emotional response? lol, ok.

@eball discrediting her reporting by referring to her as merely a "wannabe IG model" is an insult to someone who has worked in their field as long as she has. There is no emotion from me on that statement.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

@eball discrediting her reporting by referring to her as merely a "wannabe IG model" is an insult to someone who has worked in their field as long as she has. There is no emotion from me on that statement.

Would you calm down?  I can sense the anger in this post.

• Haha (+1) 4

4 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This is an insultingly low under-estimation of how tied into players, and especially anything having to do with the Philadelphia Eagles, Josina Anderson is.

She was the FIRST PERSON Shady talked to when he was traded to the Bills. She always has the inside story from players.

She's not 100%, but she is pretty reliable when it comes to this stuff, unlike a lot of other "professionals" out there.

And her opinion certainly carries more weight than the posters on this board.  I am not what the vitriol against Anderson is all about in this thread so I will not characterize it, but it is noticeable.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

If the bills are interested in trading for him, then I wonder what’s the hold up. The asking price, whether or not ertz wants to be here, or his contract. I mean he can’t be worth more than a 5th at this point. 

Certainly with the second rounder for Julio Jones. 

1 hour ago, FLFan said:

And her opinion certainly carries more weight than the posters on this board.  I am not what the vitriol against Anderson is all about in this thread so I will not characterize it, but it is noticeable.  

I think she's great!!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The only thing I’ve discredited is that Josina Anderson has any reliable info about the Bills’ plans. Players talk to her. Great. She also posts a lot of “look at me” crap. I’m not saying she doesn’t get legitimate info but on a topic like this I’m not buying that she is tied in to anything.

21 minutes ago, without a drought said:

I'm getting sick of all this talk, I don't care if Bryant Johnson ends up here or not.

And it’s THAT kinda attitude that will see Johnson take his all pro, generational talent to somewhere crazy like San Fran or Detroit.  

DAMMIT!

In bigger news...   Chris Watson may be considering a comeback!!!  Discuss....

• Haha (+1) 1