Josina Anderson - Bills still looking to improve TE position

11 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

I miss Farley so much.

You would.

just kidding my west coast friend.  I’m not even going down the Ertz road as

Im even getting sick of talking about it.

I don’t see Hayden Hurst working for a simple reason.  It’s a leap thinking drafting Pitts means Hurst is expendable as they just lost Julio.  That means 12 and 13 personnel is more viable to ATL.  ATL has two TE’s plus a very good WR.  Makes sense.

He would be a fun add.  We added just enough cap space to add a TE.  I don’t think it had anything to do with contract extensions.  Time will tell.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Didn't Roseman want a super high pick for him initially? I've read he's incredibly stubborn, so maybe he's just not budging, which doesn't make a lot of sense. Could also be holdups with contract restructure, amount of salary that the Eagles will retain, etc. Ertz is a clear upgrade at a position that they've stated they want to improve, so I have little doubt they are trying to get it done.

I think you're right, they need to give Roseman something.  And yes, the contract for Ertz has got to be difficult- which you would want done before trading for him.  Ertz' fair market value is hard to gauge because of the poor year and injuries he just had.

My hope is that the Bills have told Nelson to hold off signing until Ertz is moved.  And the Bills are trying to package one of our DL who aren't at camp (preferably Butler) in for Ertz.  Butler and a 5th for Ertz would allow Roseman to save face and would free up the funds for the Bills to make a run for both Ertz and Nelson.

I hope they keep 3 TE’s . Dawson Knox, Jake Hollister, and another pass catching TE. Who ever that may be. Let Spencer Brown play the Lee Smith role. And he’s obviously the swing tackle. Have a TE and Tommy Doyle on PS to be brought up for injury.

13 hours ago, Augie said:

She may have a hairdresser with an opinion? Our Bills don’t spill the beans like Rex did. 

NOT saying Ertz will never be a Bill, just that her conversation was speculation. 

Didn't look that way to me.

"As of conversations today, my understanding is that ..." is not a way to introduce speculation.

On the other hand, "apprehensions with production & consistency at the #Bills tight end spot are still a topic of conversation," is very very unspecific about anything maybe happening in terms of bringing anybody in. You can't assume that will happen from what she says here.

Edited by Thurman#1

1 hour ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I think you're right, they need to give Roseman something.  And yes, the contract for Ertz has got to be difficult- which you would want done before trading for him.  Ertz' fair market value is hard to gauge because of the poor year and injuries he just had.

My hope is that the Bills have told Nelson to hold off signing until Ertz is moved.  And the Bills are trying to package one of our DL who aren't at camp (preferably Butler) in for Ertz.  Butler and a 5th for Ertz would allow Roseman to save face and would free up the funds for the Bills to make a run for both Ertz and Nelson.

Trading Butler would only save us $1.5M, though some of the dead money could be delayed till next year. Both Ertz and Nelson is a very unlikely possibility, IMO.

1 hour ago, Einstein's Dog said:

The Nelson interest is entirely fan generated. There's no indication that the Bills are unhappy with Wallace and Jackson as their potential #2 CBs. CB2 is never going to be a priority for this regime.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Trading Butler would only save us $1.5M, though some of the dead money could be delayed till next year. Both Ertz and Nelson is a very unlikely possibility, IMO.

How do you figure $1.5M?  Someone on here had said cutting him released $3.2M and trading him was worth $4M.  I see on salarysport Butler is listed as total $4.3M.

But, yes, I agree, getting both Ertz and Nelson is very unlikely.

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The Nelson interest is entirely fan generated. There's no indication that the Bills are unhappy with Wallace and Jackson as their potential #2 CBs. CB2 is never going to be a priority for this regime.

Not necessarily. This regime has signed a vet CB each offseason and has not done that yet this year. To think they still would is not too far fetched.

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

As Yolo says, not entirely fan generated. 

It was reported by Jeremy Fowler of ESPN in a tweet that was forwarded by Nelson, that the Bills were one of 14 teams that showed interest and have contacted him.

I think it's very possible the Bills are looking, but I think Beane is being very careful of cost, not just draft capital but cap room.  Yes, he created some decent cap room by reworking Diggs' contract, but the Josh Allen and Tremaine Edmunds negotiations are looming.

2 hours ago, eball said:

Because the Bills don't leak this stuff...and particularly not to an Instagram model wannabe.

This is an insultingly low under-estimation of how tied into players, and especially anything having to do with the Philadelphia Eagles, Josina Anderson is.

She was the FIRST PERSON Shady talked to when he was traded to the Bills. She always has the inside story from players.

She's not 100%, but she is pretty reliable when it comes to this stuff, unlike a lot of other "professionals" out there.

• Thank you (+1) 1