Josina Anderson - Bills still looking to improve TE position

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Very true, indeed. There’s just so much we don’t know. It could have happened already if it was agreed to. Or, are we waiting for him to get cut due to his cost and we save some cap space. Either way, I trust our FO to be smart, and make us better. 

Absolutely. I just really wonder what the holdup is. 

Will be interesting to follow. 

Being that they are always looking at every opportunity to up grade most every position, this is like saying it snows during the winter in western New York..., or one might say this is not actually news..., you choose... it’s just more click bait for a reporter that needs to get an article out.

9 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Could be that he blows.

Well, there could be a few guys that could use such a talent.....

7 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

I thought the chargers pulled out. That's why they signed Jared Cook

With Rivers no longer there, given his child producing ways, that was the only way the Chargers were ever going to pull out....once he left. 

Edit: ok...now I'm done....been a long week, I'm shot. 

The signs have been pointing all offseason that Brandon Beane wants to upgrade at the Tight End position.  He said it himself.

There have been multiple reports from media insiders, who have made strong statements about the Bills interest in trading for a Tight End.

The restructure of Diggs' contract is also pretty strong evidence they are looking to make a signing or trade.

Something is going to happen.  Eventually.

Maybe it's Zach Ertz.  Maybe it will be someone else.

My guess is that Beane made an insulting offer to the Eagles, and they are holding out as long as possible, hoping he caves and gives them something more.  I would also suspect that all the leaks/rumors are coming from the other side, and not One Bills Drive.  I could definitely see Philly telling reporters that Los Angeles is still interested, hoping that prompts Buffalo to increase their offer.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, DJB said:

Absolutely. I just really wonder what the holdup is. 

Will be interesting to follow. 

The Iggles have the exact same cap numbers whether Ertz is traded or released.  That means they’re just dragging this out to maximize value.  Theoretically they could wait until cut down day to release him, but they won’t want him in training camp where if he were to get injured they’d be on the hook for his whole $8.5M salary.  They won’t risk that, so the endgame will likely be just prior to the start of TC - which starts on 6/27. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

at this point i've almost lost interest if we get ertz or not, but the meme's and replies in this thread show me i'll never lose interest i the discussion.

CHARGERS NEVER PULL OUT, COME ON!!

11 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

If the bills are interested in trading for him, then I wonder what’s the hold up. The asking price, whether or not ertz wants to be here, or his contract. I mean he can’t be worth more than a 5th at this point. 

Didn't Roseman want a super high pick for him initially? I've read he's incredibly stubborn, so maybe he's just not budging, which doesn't make a lot of sense. Could also be holdups with contract restructure, amount of salary that the Eagles will retain, etc. Ertz is a clear upgrade at a position that they've stated they want to improve, so I have little doubt they are trying to get it done.