Lotuleilei Work Out Video: Not retiring [Edit] At Minicamp

8 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Do we KNOW that, though, from watching this short clip of a player wearing somewhat baggy layers? Claiming he's lost "a lot of weight" (emphasis mine) seems like a leap. I'll admit he looks trim for the over-simplified/possibly outdated role Bills fans envision for him, which is as a celestial body whose gravitational field incapacitates 1-3 blockers per running play. 

(Truly, though, he does look kinda lean. But do I accurately remember his training physique prior to last season? I don't know.) 

That’s what the video tells me....

no, I don’t know that, but that’s what I surmise by watching it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

That’s what the video tells me....

no, I don’t know that, but that’s what I surmise by watching it.

Time will tell, but to saythat you’re right and everyone who said he would beout of shape is wrong is just a ridiculous tape.....especially based off a couple 10 sec Twittervideos.  😜

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Time will tell, but to saythat you’re right and everyone who said he would beout of shape is wrong is just a ridiculous tape.....especially based off a couple 10 sec Twittervideos.  😜

I didn’t say everyone else was wrong.

you did. 

48 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I didn’t say everyone else was wrong.

you did. 

“Or maybe, those of us that said there was a rush tojudgement might have judged right.”

Yeah, that’s some serious certitude on my part.

Reading English: Try it sometime😉

• Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

“Or maybe, those of us that said there was a rush tojudgement might have judged right.”

Yeah, that’s some serious certitude on my part.

Reading English: Try it sometime😉

Your name says it all

6 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

However less ridiculous than the baseless speculation by same posters who criticized him for doing job he was brought here for (handle double teams) before the year off.  They are just doing LAMPs trying to say they were right before.

They remind me of Allen critics in PFF.

• Agree 1

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/personal-coach-star-lotulelei-looks-excited-to-come-back-to-the-bills/article_ad07f25a-cc85-11eb-ad54-fb59edc31869.html

Talamaivao said he and Lotulelei had not discussed Lotulelei's decision to opt out of playing last year or why he chose to skip the OTA workouts. Talamaivao said they chatted a little about family, but primarily stuck to the business of football.

"Mainly, we just focused on the basic stuff," Talamaivao said. "Get-offs, stance, hand placement. He looks great. I've never seen Star this ... not mobile ... but he looks really, really good.

"You can see that he's been working really, really hard in the weight room and on his dieting. I didn't ask any questions. We just hit the field. He looks ... let's just say he looks like he's excited to come back."

• Like (+1) 3

Thanks Hap, I read it this morning.  This topic of Star showing/not showing was really overblown and analyzed.

Glad he’ll be here today.  Sal this morning mentioned this will flip from the biggest Bills off season topic to a non topic.

I hope we get a glimpse at him as I know video is very limited.

4 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Thanks Hap, I read it this morning.  This topic of Star showing/not showing was really overblown and analyzed.

Glad he’ll be here today.  Sal this morning mentioned this will flip from the biggest Bills off season topic to a non topic.

I hope we get a glimpse at him as I know video is very limited.

? Minicamp doesn't start until tomorrow?

On 6/11/2021 at 6:23 AM, H2o said:

He definitely looks about 25-30lbs lighter imo, probably somewhere between 280-290lbs. Not sure how much that will effect his game or if he will bulk up a bit before the season starts. 

I mentioned the possibility of him loosing lots of weight 2 months ago and was laughed at. He is lighter now... do yas keep laughing at me or more likely did I know something?

• Like (+1) 2

Yes, Sal said when Howard asked that he and crew have access this week.  I like Sal as he usually shoots pretty straight.  Just my opinion, but I’ve seen him write or on audio relatively balanced.  I’m sure others disagree.

you should hear the Tampa guys. They are the farthest from balanced.

Looking forward to getting Star back and improving the run defense. Important to manage expectations and remember that 2019 Star was an average to slightly above average 1-Tech in the league, but it's his knock on effect on the play of Ed Oliver, Tremaine Edmunds, and Matt Milano that's got me amped up. 

Oliver matched up one-on-one against a guard and Edmunds and Milano running free all day. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1