Lotuleilei Work Out Video: Not retiring [Edit] At Minicamp

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Because he looks like he hasn’t been :

Working out?

In shape?

Taking it seriously?

There is this assumption that Star and the coaches have had NO contact and he’s out there on his own.

Star is a vet leader who made a personal decision last year based on incomplete info. I wonder if he doesn’t have some misgivings about his choice in light of how the season turned out. I’m 1000% positive he has been in contact with other team members who have told him how much they need/ want him this year. This is a SB or bust year and they ALL know it.

Whenever percentage is above 100% it is impossible which means do not trust judgement.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

This must be a doctored video!!!!

I’ve read on this here page that Star is a worthless, lazy slug who is retiring 😎

Or maybe, those of us that said there was a rush to judgement might have judged right.

Yes you have been proven correct because of a work out video posted on Twitter from

who knows when. Incredible stuff.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

This must be a doctored video!!!!

I’ve read on this here page that Star is a worthless, lazy slug who is retiring 😎

Or maybe, those of us that said there was a rush to judgement might have judged right.

Those aren't shades you're wearing, they're blinders.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

There could be a lot of reasons why Addison, Star, and Hughes are not at OTA’s.  Age seems to me to be the biggest corollary.  What someone wrote above that due to a longer season in the 17th game, it’s plausible they are staying away for wear and tear concerns.  It’s why I don’t get wrapped around the axle of our 30 somethings not there.  Morse didn’t even show up until this week.

Where the rubber meets the road is the mandatory mini camp coming up.  Anyone not in a contract dispute not showing up at that time where they are subject to fines would be a concern.  The guys most motivated to be at voluntary OTA’s are guys showing up in a Bills uni for the first time whether an acquisition, a rookie, or an UDFA.  The other group are the guys trying to make the team.  Leaders like Allen want to be there.  The flaw if this is a concern by some of our 30 somethings is if they get hurt on their own.  All of them are watching for the outcome on grievance filed by Juwan who now has been picked up by another team.

Their CBA is very clear.  The point in play is how much instruction did the team give to any player to follow some training regimen and whether the team carries liability.

I suspect all of these guys will be there once it is a mandatory camp.  

Hughes wife is 38 weeks pregnant and they are in Houston. He probably won’t be at mandatory minicamp next week either 

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hughes wife is 38 weeks pregnant and they are in Houston. He probably won’t be at mandatory minicamp next week either 

Doesn’t he get fined like, $100,000 if he misses mandatory minicamp?  

Pretty sure he could charter a private jet flight there and back for less.

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I doubt they will fine a player like Hughes for missing OTAs due to the birth of a child that could happen any day. If it was an actual  game he would be there and do the PJ thing 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I also think McDermott has a strict rule that he takes the baby away for himself as well. 

Edited by DJB
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Whenever percentage is above 100% it is impossible which means do not trust judgement.

Any number multiplied by any other number larger than 2 yields a percentage greater than 100%
😉

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

Yes you have been proven correct because of a work out video posted on Twitter from

who knows when. Incredible stuff.

Because seeing is NOT believing?

A prevalent shortcoming these days😐

2 hours ago, Beerball said:

Those aren't shades you're wearing, they're blinders.

The urge to weeney is strong in this one😘

Edited by Buffalo Boy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I would hope if the team is to I love other, now that I know he would excuse the absence.  I bet he would even probably have a pic of the baby if the team is together as Hughes as a leader on the team.  What a change he made over the years since he used to blow up on the field.

a little early, but happy daddy day JERRY.

12 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

My personal "take" on all that is they may help, and if not, the placebo effect is very real - if a guy believes in it and thinks it will make him better, chances are it will.

I agree Hap - the mind over matter thing is pretty impressive.  My wife works with people using Reiki, it is one of those holistic treatments that either you believe it works and it does or you don't and it doesn't.  She has some amazing success stories and the same amount of one and done folks.....the mind is an amazing muscle.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

This video was posted a little while back. Not sure what it means, other than Star is in fact training, and looks fairly lean. 

Whether and when he, who opted out last season due to COVID concerns (ostensibly), wants to report to the facility of a team whose roster is mostly unvaccinated (allegedly), remains to be seen.

Reminded me of the stories about Gronk faking workout videos last year to satisfy the Bucs. 

I’m not impressed. He’s a professional athlete, this is what he should be doing if he’s not going to show up for team activities. 

I never questioned his motivation to stay in shape. I questioned his ability to actually be a good player.

6 hours ago, H2o said:

He definitely looks about 25-30lbs lighter imo, probably somewhere between 280-290lbs. Not sure how much that will effect his game or if he will bulk up a bit before the season starts. 

I was shocked when I saw the video. I’m not sure how a guy that size takes on a C and G without getting blown off the line (which I witnessed on occasion happening previously when he was heavier).

Perhaps they told him to slim down to increase speed and burst…that’s all I can think of. 

1 hour ago, TroutDog said:

I was shocked when I saw the video. I’m not sure how a guy that size takes on a C and G without getting blown off the line (which I witnessed on occasion happening previously when he was heavier).

Perhaps they told him to slim down to increase speed and burst…that’s all I can think of. 

The people who have been selling Star as an impact returnee to the team......and have been upset by the assumptions that he won't be at least "the same" quality......are desperate for anything to latch onto.

Big Star is now Little Star.   We will see how that goes. :beer:

200w.gif?cid=82a1493b61n4d00hvuoser0kbce

Edited by BADOLBILZ
no idea
  • Dislike 1

21 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The people who have been selling Star as an impact returnee to the team......and have been upset by the assumptions that he won't be at least "the same" quality......are desperate for anything to latch onto.

Big Star is now Little Star.   We will see how that goes. :beer:

He has been good to very good at times…others, not so much. 

At this point, however, I would like to see Beane grab someone else unless, as I previously mentioned, they are wanting this position to be ‘quick’.