Lotuleilei Work Out Video: Not retiring [Edit] At Minicamp

15 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I like the picture.

You don't think if Star had retired they wouldn't have drafted another DT instead of two DEs? 

The question is why you think they would when they have continually showed no interest in filling Star's position with another stay-at-home type DT?

2 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

If that doesn’t make sense, I’m not sure how else I can lay it out for you. 

His absence potentially costs us a championship. The middle of the line was a liability last year and he not being there single handedly hurt us. 

Panties..lol. 

Are you just going to ignore how our offensive line couldn’t block KC and had two injured WR’s?  Not to mention our pass rush couldn’t get to Mahomes?  Yeah, I blame Star lol.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Are you just going to ignore how our offensive line couldn’t block KC and had two three injured WR’s?  Not to mention our pass rush couldn’t get to Mahomes?  Yeah, I blame Star lol.

FIFY

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Specifically the D Line. His absence made everyone worse, also exposed Fraizer, who is a completely different problem. 

LOL, Star isn’t out there on passing downs.  KC was 6 of 10 on 3rd downs.  How would him being there have addressed that?  Mahomes had 325 yards passing and a 127 rating.

So you’re blaming Star for Allen’s protection issues too?  

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Doc said:

When would they have shown interest in filling his position?  He opted-out well after the draft and FA last year and they knew he was coming back this season.

Before or during last season at any point.

Obviously.

Seasons matter.........you don't just not even try to fill a position in the NFL in a season where you are competing for a SB berth just because some player might come back next season.

They didn't even have a 1 tech option on the practice squad last season.

It's not been a priority..........and Star's contract was adjusted in the winter of 2020 to facilitate his release after the 2020 season.

Instead they get the version of Star that is a year older(will turn 32 this season) and won't have played in a game in 20 months if and when he suits up again next.

40 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Before or during last season at any point.

Obviously.

Seasons matter.........you don't just not even try to fill a position in the NFL in a season where you are competing for a SB berth just because some player might come back next season.

They didn't even have a 1 tech option on the practice squad last season.

It's not been a priority..........and Star's contract was adjusted in the winter of 2020 to facilitate his release after the 2020 season.

Instead they get the version of Star that is a year older(will turn 32 this season) and won't have played in a game in 20 months if and when he suits up again next.

Once the season was over, it was moot.  Who was worth signing at the end of July last year, when Star opted-out? 

It appears to be more of a case of lack of quality than not wanting to do it.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

It’s not just one game. The ripple effect was wide. I’m blaming Star for opting out. 

It was so wide our poor pass rush suffered lol.  There's a reason why we went after Watt, then signed Obada and our 1st two draft picks were pass rushers.

But you're going to be hell bent on a 1-Tech.

You must have really disliked the Gregory Rousseau pick since he was a guy who deserted his team as well last year.

7 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Let me clarify for the unknowing,

This pandemic was the war… 

Does that make sense to you?

No, it doesn't.  Poor analogy.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I am sure he would but him and the other players won’t sit next to Star for deserting them last year.  It’ll be another Jonathan Martin situation.

That'd be why Oliver came right up and gave Star a hug?

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No, it doesn't.  Poor analogy.

That'd be why Oliver came right up and gave Star a hug?

He keeps using the word “deserted” when talking about Star.  You don’t welcome back someone with open arms if his teammates felt this way….

I was being sarcastic towards 619 “deserted” comments.  They obviously respect his decision to opt out.