Lotuleilei Work Out Video: Not retiring [Edit] At Minicamp

1 hour ago, TroutDog said:

I was shocked when I saw the video. I’m not sure how a guy that size takes on a C and G without getting blown off the line (which I witnessed on occasion happening previously when he was heavier).

Perhaps they told him to slim down to increase speed and burst…that’s all I can think of. 

It’s typical for a guy that big to get down in weight when not playing because his goal for the last 18 months has been conditioning and getting faster and more explosive, not blocking OL. The team most likely gave him a regimen for when he’s not playing. Now that he’s 3 months from playing they will change the regimen to add weight. There was no reason for him to have the extra weight on while working out until now. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s typical for a guy that big to get down in weight when not playing because his goal for the last 18 months has been conditioning and getting faster and more explosive, not blocking OL. The team most likely gave him a regimen for when he’s not playing. Now that he’s 3 months from playing they will change the regimen to add weight. There was no reason for him to have the extra weight on while working out until now. 

Not disputing that but wondering if this may the weight they want him to play at. With all of the talk about getting to the QB, there are multiple ways of doing so and I was wondering if, perhaps, they are adjusting to ‘burst’ as opposed to ‘girth’. 

16 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Star has been a no-show at the voluntary OTA's so far and I was thinking he might actually choose to retire. Even McD appeared a bit irritated with his no-show.

see https://heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bills/bills-defensive-anchor-leaning-retirement/

But he appears to be working out on his own (guess he has not heard of  a guy named Jawuan Jones:)).

Our space eater looks in great shape. We sorely missed him on the inside runs last season and I am glad he will now likely come during the mandatory minicamp. HIs replacements (Jefferson and Oliver) were at least 25 lbs lighter and quite easily run on. His leadership on that defensive line is also very underrated. He is the glue guy there.

Coach Sal had more recent video

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DJB said:

I also think McDermott has a strict rule that he takes the baby away for himself as well. 

And gives it to Tom Donahoe so he can drink its blood.

Edited by Doc
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Star has never really been a wide bodied, ultra thick nose tackle….so I don’t know if he’s lighter or not.

True, he’s never been huge but I’m guessing he’s down a bit from his playing weight and will throw that back on over the next couple months when they give him his diet

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

True, he’s never been huge but I’m guessing he’s down a bit from his playing weight and will throw that back on over the next couple months when they give him his diet

Yep, makes sense.  

It's well known that summer and training camp is the best time to put on weight.

41 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Here's Noah Spence on his diet at training camp to gain weight.  9,000 calories a day!

https://www.espn.com/blog/tampa-bay-buccaneers/post/_/id/20957/nine-meals-9000-calories-a-day-helped-noah-spence-gain-35-pounds

"Today was the heaviest I've ever been and I felt great. I was 263 today," said Spence, 24, whose goal was to put on the weight cleanly, with minimal gain in body fat. "I kind of just started playing with it [in the offseason] to see what works. I felt like if I just don't stop eating or drinking, I won't lose weight."

https://www.nhpr.org/post/gain-weight-nfl-player-eats-7000-calories-day#stream/0

GREENE: Seven thousand calories. When training camp started, he weighed about 270 pounds, and he's trying to get up to 290. He's now halfway there - throwing back eight protein shakes a day a whole lot of chocolate milk - 10 more pounds to go before the Redskins season opener on September the 9th.

My roommate in college was a tight end and he was doing this same thing during their summer camp.  He was a freshman and wanted him to put on about 20-25 lbs by the end of camp...he was drinking an insane amount of shakes.  We started making him buy his own milk lol because he was using way too much.  

He did it and we could see the difference every few days.

19 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

This video was posted a little while back. Not sure what it means, other than Star is in fact training, and looks fairly lean. 

Whether and when he, who opted out last season due to COVID concerns (ostensibly), wants to report to the facility of a team whose roster is mostly unvaccinated (allegedly), remains to be seen.

Maybe he should just get the shot himself. Just a thought. Still can’t believe most of these players are serious about not getting the vaccine at this point but then again they get paid to get hit in the head over and over. 

4 hours ago, TroutDog said:

I was shocked when I saw the video. I’m not sure how a guy that size takes on a C and G without getting blown off the line (which I witnessed on occasion happening previously when he was heavier).

Perhaps they told him to slim down to increase speed and burst…that’s all I can think of. 

That’s what a year away from Buffalo pizza and wings can do for you! This will resolve itself, I’m sure! 

• Haha (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Maybe he should just get the shot himself. Just a thought. Still can’t believe most of these players are serious about not getting the vaccine at this point but then again they get paid to get hit in the head over and over. 

For all you know, he has.  But it's not 100%, which is why the NFL wants a certain % of players and staff to get vaxxed in order to relax protocols.

• Like (+1) 1