Name a good Bills player who would have been much better if he had better support.

The first player that comes to mind is Eric Moulds.  He had an end of career Kelly, a bad Todd Collins, a bad Rob Johnson, not so good Flutie, a shot Bledsoe and a bad JP Losman throwing to him....yet he still put up good numbers.  Any other QB I'm missing?

I think if Moulds had at least a decent QB to throw to him, he would be looked at as one of the greats.  He would be known at the same level as Marvin Harrison and Tory Holt who were in his same era.  But with the QB's throwing to him, he is really only still remembered by Bills fans.

Who you got?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The first player that comes to mind is Eric Moulds.  He had an end of career Kelly, a bad Todd Collins, a bad Rob Johnson, not so good Flutie, a shot Bledsoe and a bad JP Losman throwing to him....yet he still put up good numbers.  Any other QB I'm missing?

I think if Moulds had at least a decent QB to throw to him, he would be looked at as one of the greats.  He would be known at the same level as Marvin Harrison and Tory Holt who were in his same era.  But with the QB's throwing to him, he is really only still remembered by Bills fans.

Who you got?

Well, I think WRs are going to be the vast majority of answers, so Moulds is obvious but I'll add Peerless Price.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Who you got?

After reading the subject i thought to myself "Eric Moulds" as i clicked.  9 catches for 240 yards and a TD in a loss at miami in the 1998 wild card game speak volumes to a) how good he was and b) how his talent was somewhat wasted.  

• Like (+1) 1

On the defensive side of the ball there are LOADs of guys that would have been considered better if the team had an adequate offense and actually won something.  the 1999 Bills D finished 1st in yards allowed and 2nd in pts allowed.  The 2003 and 2004 Bills were 2nd in yards allowed in consecutive years.  Lot of players no one outside of Buffalo has ever heard of that were really good.  some random examples off the top of the head:

London Fletcher

Terrance McGhee (all-time return man too)

Kyle Williams

Sam Rogers

Sam Cowart

Henry Jones

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bill Murray said:

On the defensive side of the ball there are LOADs of guys that would have been considered better if the team had an adequate offense and actually won something.  the 1999 Bills D finished 1st in yards allowed and 2nd in pts allowed.  The 2003 and 2004 Bills were 2nd in yards allowed in consecutive years.  Lot of players no one outside of Buffalo has ever heard of that were really good.  some random examples off the top of the head:

London Fletcher

Kyle Williams

Sam Rogers

Sam Cowart

Henry Jones

Man, Cowart could have been so good for so long if it wasn’t for his injuries. Dude was a beast.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bill Murray said:

London Fletcher

Kyle Williams

Sam Rogers

Sam Cowart

Henry Jones

If we had kept Pat Williams, our Williams Wall would have been better than Minnesota's.  Kyle Williams didn't play with anyone next to him except for about 3 good years from Marcel Dareus.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Eric Moulds.

This thread can now be closed.

Agree!

38 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

20 years worth of wide receivers.

I was going to say Robert Woods, but I think this is more to the point!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Lee Evans.

The guy could get open deep with the cb trailing him by 10 yards. Losman hit him a lot on deep routes, but he could have been the best receiver in the league if he had a top 10 quarterback.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

My honest opinion 

Jp losman.......

My funny opinion Craig nall

My best guess probably Fred Jackson he was always a super star and most of his career was wasted in Europe.....imo he may have been one of the all time greats had he had enough time starting 

• Like (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Man, Cowart could have been so good for so long if it wasn’t for his injuries. Dude was a beast.

To this day I remember the game against Tampa in 2000 that really ended it for Sam.  He had three sacks or something like that in the 1st half and was dominating the game, then tore his achilles (I think).  The Bills collapsed in the 4th and started a spiral that took them out of playoff contention.

• Sad 1