Who is your main DARK HORSE this season for the BILLS?

46 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

I will go with Basham. If they get him to drop fifteen pounds he could be the Bills version of Suggs. 

I am afraid they will ask him to bulk up and eat some of the interior snaps. 

"The Boogie man "Basham would be my Defensive choice.

Edited by Figster

On 6/27/2021 at 4:38 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Zack Moss 

On a pass first team he will be the 3rd down back because his blocking 

He was finishing strong before injury.. powerful runner , great balance.. a full year in NFL strength and conditioning should do wonder's for his explosion

I'm riding the Moss train as well. Skill-wise to me, there's nothing overwhelming to me about Singletary and as someone mentioned on here he's a small back and when you don't have speed to go w/ that it's a killer. The only way for it to work is to have elite vision and patience (he does have those traits though don't get me wrong, just not elite yet.) 

Then I had read on another thread here that Moss & Singletary were like 2nd and 9th place out of all of RB's hit behind the line of scrimmage. So for all we know we could have the next Thurman Thomas with no way to showcase their talent due to getting blown up in the backfield. It's such a huge combination of things that need to happen for a running back. There is a RARE ELITE that can literally do it BY THEMSELVES. 💯

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2021 at 11:28 AM, CommonCents said:

I will go with Basham. If they get him to drop fifteen pounds he could be the Bills version of Suggs. 

I am afraid they will ask him to bulk up and eat some of the interior snaps. 

If the guy can become a fraction of Suggs ability I will be very happy. Definitely a favorite non-Bill growing up. 👍

On 7/1/2021 at 8:08 PM, Putin said:

Mr Ed of course of course !!! 

God I’m getting old .

Oh, I get it. Because he likes horses? 😂

On 7/16/2021 at 12:49 PM, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

If the guy can become a fraction of Suggs ability I will be very happy. Definitely a favorite non-Bill growing up.

Lol yeah really, that's some big shoes to fill. At this point I would be happy with a solid play maker. Anyways, players like Suggs are difficult to come by...

• Agree 1

Our pass rush must be better this year if we’re going to win the Super Bowl this year.    I’ll go with Obada having the biggest impact rushing the passer this year from all of our new additions.  

on offense, I’ll go with Feliciano.   Strange as that may be. I didn’t think he was a good RG last year even though our offensive line had a very solid season.  I’m hoping that a year fully removed from his injury, a contract that doesn’t guarantee very much and a passion for playing for the Bills will result in a better season for Feliciano and help rejuvenate our run game….which is needed imo.  The run game doesn’t have to be great.  Just good enough to keep the opposing defenses honest…..unlike the chiefs in the AFCCG. 

Side note, I think Gabe Davis will be our second best WR this season.  1000 yards and 10 TDs possible

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 6/22/2021 at 3:10 PM, RoyBatty is alive said:

Dead right about our interior O Line, that is why I selected Jack Anderson.  I had to look up Forrest Lamp. he sure does look interesting.  I wish i knew how solid the Chargers O Line was to let him go as he started all 16 games last year, actually lead the league in total snaps last year.

Chargers were very respectable last year, overall - good pass protection, middle of the league (18th) for rush yards, but poor for YPA.  Austin Ekelar got pretty good YPA when not on IR so I gotta think RB talent had some factor.

I expect that bringing in a new run game coordinator/OL coach in former Raiders TE coach Frank Smith, meant they probably wanted to re-work their line a bit.  At least, that seems to be what usually happens with a new OL coach.  At least, they got their LT, C, and RT locked down with big cap hits, so G is the place the coach can "flex"

On 7/1/2021 at 6:38 PM, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I'm riding the Moss train as well. Skill-wise to me, there's nothing overwhelming to me about Singletary and as someone mentioned on here he's a small back and when you don't have speed to go w/ that it's a killer. The only way for it to work is to have elite vision and patience (he does have those traits though don't get me wrong, just not elite yet.) 

Then I had read on another thread here that Moss & Singletary were like 2nd and 9th place out of all of RB's hit behind the line of scrimmage. So for all we know we could have the next Thurman Thomas with no way to showcase their talent due to getting blown up in the backfield. It's such a huge combination of things that need to happen for a running back. There is a RARE ELITE that can literally do it BY THEMSELVES. 💯

Well - make no mistake, the OL (and sometimes the TE) had a lot to do with run plays getting blown up in the backfield.

But there's probably a reason Moss was 2nd and Singletary 9th.  Patience and vision are all very well, but when there's a hole, you got to HIT IT with conviction, and sometimes Singletary danced around (or ran right into a guy).  And of course, sometimes the poor guy got hammered through no fault of his own.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Chargers were very respectable last year, overall - good pass protection, middle of the league (18th) for rush yards, but poor for YPA.  Austin Ekelar got pretty good YPA when not on IR so I gotta think RB talent had some factor.

I expect that bringing in a new run game coordinator/OL coach in former Raiders TE coach Frank Smith, meant they probably wanted to re-work their line a bit.  At least, that seems to be what usually happens with a new OL coach.  At least, they got their LT, C, and RT locked down with big cap hits, so G is the place the coach can "flex"

Well - make no mistake, the OL (and sometimes the TE) had a lot to do with run plays getting blown up in the backfield.

But there's probably a reason Moss was 2nd and Singletary 9th.  Patience and vision are all very well, but when there's a hole, you got to HIT IT with conviction, and sometimes Singletary danced around (or ran right into a guy).  And of course, sometimes the poor guy got hammered through no fault of his own.

I’ve never been a fan of the “dancers” like Willis McGahee or LeSean McCoy (they are both talented backs, just not what I would personally build a team with) and you’re right on that Singletary is cut from that cloth. I’m more of a Travis Henry/Marshawn Lynch kind of dude. Sometimes it pays off for a RB to wait a second longer to wait for the hole to open up more, but other times it results in more negative plays. I’ll take the guaranteed 3 yards and a cloud of dust. 

4 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I’ve never been a fan of the “dancers” like Willis McGahee or LeSean McCoy (they are both talented backs, just not what I would personally build a team with) and you’re right on that Singletary is cut from that cloth. I’m more of a Travis Henry/Marshawn Lynch kind of dude. Sometimes it pays off for a RB to wait a second longer to wait for the hole to open up more, but other times it results in more negative plays. I’ll take the guaranteed 3 yards and a cloud of dust. 

Lynch actually danced around behind the line of scrimmage a good amount in his time here because there weren't many holes to run through 

He never put up the stats in buffalo that he did in Seattle

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Our pass rush must be better this year if we’re going to win the Super Bowl this year.    I’ll go with Obada having the biggest impact rushing the passer this year from all of our new additions.  

on offense, I’ll go with Feliciano.   Strange as that may be. I didn’t think he was a good RG last year even though our offensive line had a very solid season.  I’m hoping that a year fully removed from his injury, a contract that doesn’t guarantee very much and a passion for playing for the Bills will result in a better season for Feliciano and help rejuvenate our run game….which is needed imo.  The run game doesn’t have to be great.  Just good enough to keep the opposing defenses honest…..unlike the chiefs in the AFCCG. 

Side note, I think Gabe Davis will be our second best WR this season.  1000 yards and 10 TDs possible

These are pretty solid picks I could see panning out when I really think about it. I love that Feliciano has a nasty streak in him and seems willing to go to war for his teammates (along w/ Dion Dawkins.) He just reminds me of those old school linemen from the 60s and 70s. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Lynch actually danced around behind the line of scrimmage a good amount in his time here because there weren't many holes to run through 

He never put up the stats in buffalo that he did in Seattle

You’re right. I love that Cincinnati run when he was hit in the backfield like 3 times and he took it to the house. He def has more shiftiness than people give him credit for. I want to say he was like that at Cal also.

In Seattle, he became more of a power back. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

These are pretty solid picks I could see panning out when I really think about it. I love that Feliciano has a nasty streak in him and seems willing to go to war for his teammates (along w/ Dion Dawkins.) He just reminds me of those old school linemen from the 60s and 70s. 

I'd settle for less "go to war for" and more "blocking for".  As some player said on Twitter during the AFCCG, "they aren't even trying to block for 17".  All well and good that Feliciano mixed in when JA threw the ball at the guy's helmet, but far better to block him and keep him from getting home in the first place.

We'll hope Mongo was still injured and suffering from cumulative dings and dangs, and we'll see a stronger OLman this year.

• Agree 1

Just now, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

You’re right. I love that Cincinnati run when he was hit in the backfield like 3 times and he took it to the house. He def has more shiftiness than people give him credit for. I want to say he was like that at Cal also.

He Absolutely was able to absorb immense contact in the backfield and still churn out three four yards

Sometimes even bust a big one

His contact balance with no momentum was insane

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Yeah. He was super shifty at cal.  That inside outside juke was on display often.  

• Like (+1) 1