Who is your main DARK HORSE this season for the BILLS?

On 6/16/2021 at 12:45 PM, RoyBatty is alive said:

My Dark Horse was our lowly 6th rd pick Jack Anderson.  No not an all pro but for a 6th rounder, i think he can be a starting guard or even tackle or center in the NFL for years.

Yep, that's what a dark horse is. People on here are listing guys like Tremaine Edmunds and Micah Hyde which is not at all what I meant, but to each his own.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/17/2021 at 6:48 PM, StHustle said:

Singletary

I chose Zack Moss. I think he has a build that's better equipped to deal w/ having the majority of carries though I would be equally happy if Singletary became the guy. His 1st season he averaged more than 5 yards per run and I love his patience & shiftiness in traffic. Last year neither one of them really separated themselves both averaging about the same YPC. 

3 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I chose Zack Moss. I think he has a build that's better equipped to deal w/ having the majority of carries though I would be equally happy if Singletary became the guy. His 1st season he averaged more than 5 yards per run and I love his patience & shiftiness in traffic. Last year neither one of them really separated themselves both averaging about the same YPC. 

I want any RB to stand out. Moss did excel as a pass blocker last year. When you are a passing team (did I just say that about Buffalo?) then having a back Josh Allen trusts to block and buy that extra time could be the deciding factor on who gets the bulk of snaps and when. Moss is a good choice.

My personal choice is Forrest Lamp. This team needs to settle the interior OL and I was disappointed Buffalo did not draft an interior OL early in the draft. There were OL available at different times that I thought could be plug and play like Creed Humphrey or Wyatt Davis. That said, I like the flyer on Forrest Lamp. I am hopeful he has the type of season at the OG position that D Williams had at RT.

On Defense I think S Tariq Thompson has a chance. The S position is thin after the starters with Marlowe gone. Thompson has a chance and I am happy they got him as a UFA.

21 minutes ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

I want any RB to stand out. Moss did excel as a pass blocker last year. When you are a passing team (did I just say that about Buffalo?) then having a back Josh Allen trusts to block and buy that extra time could be the deciding factor on who gets the bulk of snaps and when. Moss is a good choice.

My personal choice is Forrest Lamp. This team needs to settle the interior OL and I was disappointed Buffalo did not draft an interior OL early in the draft. There were OL available at different times that I thought could be plug and play like Creed Humphrey or Wyatt Davis. That said, I like the flyer on Forrest Lamp. I am hopeful he has the type of season at the OG position that D Williams had at RT.

On Defense I think S Tariq Thompson has a chance. The S position is thin after the starters with Marlowe gone. Thompson has a chance and I am happy they got him as a UFA.

Dead right about our interior O Line, that is why I selected Jack Anderson.  I had to look up Forrest Lamp. he sure does look interesting.  I wish i knew how solid the Chargers O Line was to let him go as he started all 16 games last year, actually lead the league in total snaps last year.

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Dead right about our interior O Line, that is why I selected Jack Anderson.  I had to look up Forrest Lamp. he sure does look interesting.  I wish i knew how solid the Chargers O Line was to let him go as he started all 16 games last year, actually lead the league in total snaps last year.

I was going to mention your post. We are thinking along the same lines. I think Jack Anderson may make the PS out of need and has some tools. Lamp has some injury history, but so did Morse and Williams. I'll give Beane credit for taking some chances. I would be really thrilled if Lamp or Anderson surprise this year.

13 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Cole Beasley. 

Drop the mic.

Is a guy who made a Pro Bowl and is considered the best or top 3 Slot WR a dark horse? I love Cole Beasley for many reasons. Don't consider him a 'Dark Horse'. He is more essential IMO. I am shocked and disappointed in the amount of vitriol thrown on the guy for speaking out about the COVID vaccine stance the NFLPA took. I'm not sure everyone who weighed in took the time to research the limitations the NFLPA agreed to. Limitations on marketing and personal brand management are included, along with treatments like sauna access. That means no more local/ regional commercials.... seems unfair. The guy played for our team with a broken leg in the playoffs for heavens sake. I agree, Cole is very important, but not a Dark Horse IMO.

Edited by ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin

Just now, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

I was going to mention your post. We are thinking along the same lines. I think Jack Anderson may make the PS out of need and has some tools. Lamp has some injury history, but so did Morse and Williams. I'll give Beane credit for taking some chances. I would be really thrilled if Lamp of Anderson surprise this year.

On Morse, talk about rolling the dice.

With his concussion history i would have a real, real hard time paying him as much as we did and continuing his career at all from a personal standpoint.  When he had his concussion last year, I thought he would hang it up.  

Amazing how "our Bills fans collective mindset" has changed.  In the "old days" (two years ago a 6th or 7th rd pick was set to be a future HOFer, (Michael Jasper and a long list of WRs).   Now we expect them to be lucky to make the practice squad.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

On Morse, talk about rolling the dice.

With his concussion history i would have a real, real hard time paying him as much as we did and continuing his career at all from a personal standpoint.  When he had his concussion last year, I thought he would hang it up.  

Amazing how "our Bills fans collective mindset" has changed.  In the "old days" (two years ago a 6th or 7th rd pick was set to be a future HOFer, (Michael Jasper and a long list of WRs).   Now we expect them to be lucky to make the practice squad.

Agree on Morse. He is a solid center, helped stabilize the position. I'm worried about his long term well being. I really thought Creed Humphrey was going to be the pick in the 2nd. It made me physically ill when I saw KC take him a few picks later. He will be snapping and calling protections for Mahomes for a decade. I hope Boogie works out. If Lamp, Boettger or Anderson can work out, that gives some flexibility for Feliciano (also getting offseason dirt thrown on him) to move to Center if needed.

Progress looks good though. No more need for 6-7 rd picks or UFA to be stars. Nice if it happens. Earlier round guys need to step up to take the next step though.

But as a Bills fan I always look for gold there :) What do you think of Tariq Thompson the Safety?

Not sure Breida would qualify as dark horse, but I think he will have a good year and make some big plays.

He is one of the fastest rbs in the league. After not being invited to the 2017 combine he ran 4.37 in the 40, an incredible 42" vertical jump, and benched 225 23 times at his pro day. 

I think he has a lot to prove and will have success in Buffalo. His opportunities will increase as the year progresses and he establishes himself as the top threat.

Instead of a player, can I pick an entire unit? Ultimately I think that our DL is what’s going to help this defense turn the corner and I think Star will have little to do with it. Between Boogie, Oliver, Epenesa and Hughes we’ll be cooking. I’m not sure where Rousseau is yet weight wise, I think he may need another year or two before he reaches his full potential. Ideally I think he should be playing in the 295-300 range but I think he will be a pretty good player when he fills out his frame, but Boogie will be more dominant right away. Tre Day will always be a savage corner, but that’s old news. He’ll essentially lockdown every WR he faces 99% of the time. Those two pieces working together will give Buffalo an elite defense this year. Edmunds and Milano will simply have to clean up the trash. Hopefully Allen and co can put some points up. I think we have a better season than we had last year. We have about as good a chance as anyone to win the Super Bowl this year. Hopefully Allen gets MVP.

On 6/22/2021 at 8:45 AM, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Moss' efficiency in pass pro makes him a lock, imo.

Lately, I've been thinking Tanner Gentry, though, as a dark horse candidate for making the 53. If McK gets the P/KR role, that opens up the depth receiver competition a little bit. And one thing is clear: Josh Allen loves Gentry. And, if anybody needs to understand the familiarity, and chemistry between the two, just watch Josh's highlight reel from Wyoming. Gentry was all over it. Allen knows right where Gentry is on the field, and when he's going to turn. And, apparently, Allen gushed about him (and Hollister) during OTAs. 

So many good competitions for TC this year. It's a nice luxury that, for the foreseeable future, the Bills are done with the annual Quarterback Competition. It wasn't so long ago that Josh Allen was in an three-way competition with AJ McCarron, and Late Nate Peterman. I do not miss those days!

• Agree 1

On 6/24/2021 at 2:03 PM, Rocky Landing said:

Moss' efficiency in pass pro makes him a lock, imo.

Lately, I've been thinking Tanner Gentry, though, as a dark horse candidate for making the 53. If McK gets the P/KR role, that opens up the depth receiver competition a little bit. And one thing is clear: Josh Allen loves Gentry. And, if anybody needs to understand the familiarity, and chemistry between the two, just watch Josh's highlight reel from Wyoming. Gentry was all over it. Allen knows right where Gentry is on the field, and when he's going to turn. And, apparently, Allen gushed about him (and Hollister) during OTAs. 

So many good competitions for TC this year. It's a nice luxury that, for the foreseeable future, the Bills are done with the annual Quarterback Competition. It wasn't so long ago that Josh Allen was in an three-way competition with AJ McCarron, and Late Nate Peterman. I do not miss those days!

If the WR depth wasn't so big in Buffalo I would've gladly picked Tanner Gentry. I always do my due diligence in researching newly acquired players and that guy is just as much as an underdog as Josh Allen. He was a 2 star recruit w/ only 2 offers (Wyoming and I believe Air Force.) His first few seasons were decent, but nothing spectacular. Then Josh Allen hit the scene during Gentry's senior year and he doubled both his yards (1400) and TD's (14) leading the Mountain  West Conference in receiving Yards and tied for 1st in TD's w/ Gallup from the Cowboys. 

The coolest stat during his senior year (I got this from PFF) was that he had the most deep targets of any receiver in all of the NCAA. I hate turning this into a race thing, but I think the white boys get overlooked as slot/possession guys. Gentry clearly has good speed (look at his 40 time) and is a legitimate deep threat. I can see why Allen pushed hard for this guy after doing the proper research. At first, I thought it was Allen just trying to help a buddy out, but I can see that Josh really wanted this guy because he's a weapon. Gentry hasn't had the chance to show what he has. I'm not sure if it was a numbers game for the bears, but I hope this come back to bite them in the butt. 😂✌️

Zack Moss 

On a pass first team he will be the 3rd down back because his blocking 

He was finishing strong before injury.. powerful runner , great balance.. a full year in NFL strength and conditioning should do wonder's for his explosion

• Like (+1) 1

There are so many players on the Bills that could be a dark horse or someone to route for this season I have always liked Christin Wade i hope he gets a legit chance to prove himself Obada i really like too and think he has a good chance to replace Addison, Knox is also a candidate to route for then there is Oliver .

Man the Bills players are kind of like Lays potato chips bet you can't choose just 1 ...

Plus all the rookies man i just can't decide .

Edited by T master

10 minutes ago, Figster said:

Biggest steal of the draft.

I'm with you on this...

I will go with Basham. If they get him to drop fifteen pounds he could be the Bills version of Suggs. 

I am afraid they will ask him to bulk up and eat some of the interior snaps. 

• Like (+1) 1