Who is your main DARK HORSE this season for the BILLS?

Devin Singletary. He had a good rookie season and everyone was excited about him going into year two. I still think he is a good back and will turn some heads this year.

• Agree 2

Four pages in and no one has mentioned . . . Lamp!

I'm of the belief that the problems with the running game were caused in large part by the offensive line's blocking, or lack thereof. If an interior offensive lineman can come in and play reasonably well, there's a clear opportunity for him to start.

Part of being a dark horse is low expectations. Lamp has that part down cold! Most expect him to compete for a roster spot as a backup. But he was originally a second round pick. Can he play at or near the expectations of an OL drafted in the second? If he can, he'd be an outstanding candidate for dark horse.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

It's pretty amazing the quality, and pedigree of players that are being considered "dark Horses" in this thread. In fact, numerous "dark horses" in this thread are last years starters-- a year that we went to the AFCCG.

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Absolute no doubt about it.  Efe Obada is going to make a huge impact as a pass rusher opposite Hughes on obvious passing downs. The two rookies will be going to school and learning the pro game and will see reps on the inside. Epenesa will be the 1st and 2nd down improving DE. We will be able to trade one of these guys in the offseason for a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Trade who in the offseason? Hughes or Obada? Aren't they both UFAs after this season?

11 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Dane Jackson comes to mind. There are still a lot of good corners out on the market and the Bills haven't pounced and I think that is because the organization seems to like Dane a lot to take over for Levi (who remains as depth/insurance.) I do love AJE and Phillips but Dane is my guy.

They still need someone IMO.  Last year they had Wallace and Norman and Jackson still got a chance to see game action because of injuries.

Need at least 1 more guy who can play, unless they think Cam Lewis or Rachad Wildgoose is that guy.

36 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Trade who in the offseason? Hughes or Obada? Aren't they both UFAs after this season?

They are!  So is Addison.

I’m hoping for Hollister.  His completion % is more than 10% higher than Knox, and completed similar yards to Knox.  The difference is Hollister was the third in Seattle vs. Knox 1st for us.

Im betting there will be from college some synergy with Allen.

On defense I believe we are going to see a lot more from Epenesa.  I’m guessing it will be like a gas pedal and clutch where Addison gets less and less as the year wears on.

• Agree 1

I believe it’s going to be Knox (unless the Bills acquire Ertz).  I believe in the kid and his teammates have raved about him.  It’s been about learning the position and it sounds as though he has put a lot of effort in this offseason.

Otherwise, I would love for it to be Phillips.  Such a great guy; if he can tap back into that potential we saw early on it would be awesome.

Also, don’t sleep on Justin Zimmer.

• Like (+1) 2

Dane Jackson.  

Dude is a stud, continues to stand out in practice, already better than Levi run support, had some good learning experiences last year and flashed some big league talent with real bullets flying.

He is the reason we took Oline depth instead of a cb earlier in the draft.  If Levi has a good camp he can hold the cb2 spot but its just a matter of time until Dane starts.

• Agree 1

Our resident whipping boy, of course! Dawson Knox! All of his hand-eye coordination training will pay off and he'll establish himself as a top 12 TE in the league.

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, MJS said:

Our resident whipping boy, of course! Dawson Knox! All of his hand-eye coordination training will pay off and he'll establish himself as a top 12 TE in the league.

I hope the hand-eye coordination with his blocking improves, too. That's been worse than the drops, IMO.