Who is your main DARK HORSE this season for the BILLS?

8 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

Dawson Knox

Third year in the league. Tight ends usually take longer to develop. It’s his time. 

That doesn’t make him a dark horse. He’s the established starter. Does he take another step up and become n essential cog? He certainly has his detractors here in misfit land, but when he’s healthy, he’s the starter.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, TroutDog said:

I’m not sure about Klein. I think we saw his peak last year when he was AFC DPOW. Hollister will be interesting. 

I just feel that Klein remains overlooked on this team, and can still deliver.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

Rousseau is mine for the fact that everyone thinks he’s going to need time to develop. He was a guy I thought was going to go top-10, then he opted out. So he’s behind the 8-ball a bit but his size and relative athleticism is extremely intriguing and I think he can be an impact guy from week 1.

He really reminds me of Mario all the way around. He's got room for alot more muscle on that frame! He's going from college cafeteria to NFL weight room and strength and conditioning coaches. How stoked do you think they are to get a project like that. He's my fav pick in 10years other than Josh. He's gunna have a good year, and can't wait to see the transformation a year from now

Darkhorse is an interesting choice of words.  As many have said, most expect the players to play well.

I will go with Cody Ford as my dark horse candidate to play really well. Many expect him to be competing just for a roster spot.  

My darkhorse to lose his job is Feliciano.  He was never that good but seems to be a fan favorite.  He drew little FA interest that we know.  He is on my short list of surprise camp cuts.  

• Agree 1

I see the running game being much more productive. Offensive line cures last year's ills and Singletary busts out. He's only a dark horse because so many think he'll lose his starting job. Actually, I think all three running backs are going to tear it up with the OL settling into a groove. We score fast, then run the clock out. Coaches are intent on making the run game more effective.

Edited by Rockinon
  • Agree 1

Michael Jasper.  The current Bills coaches love position versatility and Jasper played both offensive guard and defensive tackle in college.  He has a losing record as Bethel's football coach, so he will be motivated to return to playing, and is still in his 30's.  Everybody thinks we need a run stopper who can tie up blockers, and with Star opting out last year who knows if Star will return to form.

Besides, I don't know about "dark," but Jasper's was always as big as a horse.

And the capper - - Jasper's most recent NFL  stint was with the Carolina Panthers - - 'nuff said.

• Haha (+1) 4

My dark horse will be unpopular. But I am going with Mitch Trubisky. 

Last season we were fortunate to have Allen for all 16 regular season games. Between some of the awkward landings he had, the late hits...it wouldn't shock me if he missed a couple games a year. I think last year had we had a more solod backup than Barkley he would have missed a game or three with that shoulder he had. Mitch gives the hope that without Josh for a few weeks we can stay competitive if need be.

He also has a ton of starting experience for a guy his age to help Allen on the film room. He will be better competition on the practice field. Iron sharpens iron so to speak.

He may not blow everyone away in the stat box this year, but he has a great chance to make a HUGE impact.

• Like (+1) 2

I’m going Spencer Brown. Guy is a mauler! I think he gets in the starting lineup at some point and absolutely dominates. 

10 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

My dark horse will be unpopular. But I am going with Mitch Trubisky. 

Last season we were fortunate to have Allen for all 16 regular season games. Between some of the awkward landings he had, the late hits...it wouldn't shock me if he missed a couple games a year. I think last year had we had a more solod backup than Barkley he would have missed a game or three with that shoulder he had. Mitch gives the hope that without Josh for a few weeks we can stay competitive if need be.

He also has a ton of starting experience for a guy his age to help Allen on the film room. He will be better competition on the practice field. Iron sharpens iron so to speak.

He may not blow everyone away in the stat box this year, but he has a great chance to make a HUGE impact.

No, that’s very fair and a great take 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Hope: Marquez Stevenson makes an impact by being a dynamic kick/punt returner and Brieda gives us something as a speedy back.

Think: Efe Obada will surprise a lot of people and despite the crowded DE room he will make a significant contribution to this defence.

If all 3 of those guys come good that'll be a nice boost on all 3 phases.

Edited by NI Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, mjt328 said:

Dane Jackson 

One of my weekly surprises last season was seeing Jackson on the practice squad, and no other teams snatching him up.  Every time he was on the field, he seemed to make plays.

Last year the NFL practice squads had protection rules where teams could protect, 4 I believe, players from being taken by other teams and teams could elevate players twice a year to main roster without needing to expose them to being taken by other teams when they returned to practice squads.   Dane Jackson was protected most of year which is why he was not snatched. Since they also put specific limits on amount practice squad players could be paid after some teams paid some PS players as much as 53 man squad (i.e. Denver) I found that a bit unfair to PS players.