Who is your main DARK HORSE this season for the BILLS?

My first thought was . . . nobody.

All our players from last year seem to be at or near their ceilings (unfortunately for some of them, but I dont wanna de-rail this thread).  Or they are progressing along a smooth and steady incline.  I dont expect any big jumps and to me, a Dark Horse is usually unexpected.  Usually a long-shot to make a big move.

So, I agree with you on Hollister, and for the reasons you stated.   New system for him, so he might be able to make a big jump from his lack-luster career numbers so far.

Edited by maddenboy
  • Like (+1) 1

I like ur pick and reasoning for Hollister having a big season this year. I can also see Breida breaking some big plays after he gets comfortable with the system.

My 2 defensive dark horses are Darryl Johnson + Justin Zimmer. Johnson had roughly the same stats as Epenesa last season and Zimmer showed his ability to get to the QB. I can see hem both taking that next step this season alongside the more obvious players like AJE and Ed Oliver.

• Like (+1) 1

All of the above (save Wade). There are a number of younger players who have a supreme opportunity to displace the older players this year. 

I particularly like the AJE and Knox references. The former was absolutely too light last year and Knox is entering the window where the game has slowed down for him and should provide for more plays being made. 

• Agree 1

Dane Jackson comes to mind. There are still a lot of good corners out on the market and the Bills haven't pounced and I think that is because the organization seems to like Dane a lot to take over for Levi (who remains as depth/insurance.) I do love AJE and Phillips but Dane is my guy.

• Like (+1) 2

I could see a lot of Bills players step up this year.

Devin Singletary

People forget that he was pretty good as a rookie.  I believe last year's run-game struggles were caused by a multitude of factors (blocking, gameplan), and not just the running backs.  

AJ Epenesa

The lack of a true offseason.  Plus the weight loss.  Plus him being a rookie.  Despite this, I think he flashed at times.  Drafting two edge rushers is really going to push him, and I think he's ready for the task.

Dane Jackson 

One of my weekly surprises last season was seeing Jackson on the practice squad, and no other teams snatching him up.  Every time he was on the field, he seemed to make plays.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Absolute no doubt about it.  Efe Obada is going to make a huge impact as a pass rusher opposite Hughes on obvious passing downs. The two rookies will be going to school and learning the pro game and will see reps on the inside. Epenesa will be the 1st and 2nd down improving DE. We will be able to trade one of these guys in the offseason for a 2nd or 3rd round pick.