Sumbody in The Windy City not happy about Mitch Trubisky!

26 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I'm the reason Peterman's only decent game was the snow game.  I was in the hospital for that game & didn't see a down.  In Peterman's other 3 starts I was at 2 of them (LA & Balt) and watched the other game on TV.  Peterman just couldn't play well if he knew I was watching.😄

Here's a funny story about the snow game-after the game I took my phone & was listening to the WGR postgame show in the post surgical recovery area at Albany Med where it's one big room with particians between beds. A nurse yelled at me that it was on too loud & to turn it down because it could be bothering the other patients.  

Peterman played well in the snow game because no one could see the game. Especially everyone at the game

• Haha (+1) 2

Now hold on there, is this guy saying that coaches don't always blab their truest opinion of a player during a pre-season presser and instead just say stuff to enhance a player's confidence?!? Is he???  What an absolute revelation, stunned I am, truly, truly stunned.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I'm the reason Peterman's only decent game was the snow game.  I was in the hospital for that game & didn't see a down.  In Peterman's other 3 starts I was at 2 of them (LA & Balt) and watched the other game on TV.  Peterman just couldn't play well if he knew I was watching.😄

Here's a funny story about the snow game-after the game I took my phone & was listening to the WGR postgame show in the post surgical recovery area at Albany Med where it's one big room with particians between beds. A nurse yelled at me that it was on too loud & to turn it down because it could be bothering the other patients.  

I too was at that Chargers game in LA. Stubhub was an amazing place to watch an NFL game, especially if you were on the shady side (as I was). Those were some expensive tickets. I suppose I shouldn't be so salty, considering I got to watch a Bills QB set an NFL record.

• Haha (+1) 1

I read that this morning.  It's a really, really weird piece; the reporter makes himself look like the guy whose girlfriend left him and now he's following her around to tell everyone else she's no good in bed.

• Haha (+1) 2

For fun, I went and looked at Mitch Trubisky's career stats.  His overall record is 29-21.  He went 4-8 in 12 games his first year, then 25-13 in his last three years.  Last year, he went 6-3 in 9 games, 199-297 (67% completion rate) for 2055 yards, 16 TD, 8 INT.  I don't get the hate.  At the very least, he's a competent NFL QB.

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The nurse was wisely anticipating that a good NPeterman performance could salvage his reputation with the coaching staff.  Too many shocked ward residents could have required wheeling into the cardiac ICU.

6 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Trubisky is the ideal backup. I want him to shine in practice and if he makes the field, all I'm looking for is a guy who can run the offense and make a few plays. No one expects him to be Patrick Mahomes any more--that author is living in the past when the expectation was much higher for Trubisky. That time has passed. 

Nate Peterman has yet to play an adequate NFL quarter. Trubisky has at least had some decent games. He could start on a few teams. 

Would have won a playoff game too had it not been for the double doink.

27 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

For fun, I went and looked at Mitch Trubisky's career stats.  His overall record is 29-21.  He went 4-8 in 12 games his first year, then 25-13 in his last three years.  Last year, he went 6-3 in 9 games, 199-297 (67% completion rate) for 2055 yards, 16 TD, 8 INT.  I don't get the hate.  At the very least, he's a competent NFL QB.

I was surprised the Bears didnt keep him. Nagy needed a scapegoat

• Like (+1) 1

Any comparison between Peterman and Trubisky is tricky at best.  Peterman had some physical characteristics that made translating his game from college to the NFL difficult.  Specifically, he had a weak arm.  I just read an article on Buffalo Rumblings explaining the advantages of a strong arm.  One advantage is it lessens the importance of anticipation.  If you have Peterman's arm, you have to have a higher degree of anticipation skills to be able to see that a DB is going to jump the WRs route, for instance.  While Peterman was fine in college, NFL CBs had him for lunch.  Trubisky had disappointing plays at Chicago, but he had decent stats and a lot of good plays too.  It was not enough to nail down a long term starting gig in the NFL, but he has a good arm and decent athleticism.  There are shortcomings in his game.  There are times when he doesn't read the coverage well.  That will keep him in a backup role in Buffalo, but he should do pretty well in that role.

8 hours ago, Kwai San said:

To a degree yes but ya never had a B-lo reporter trolling Peterpick after he left the Bills......just saying.  That dude is bitter!

Very Bitter, lol   I really think the Bears mishandled Trubisky. I think if the Bears had gotten a hold of Josh Allen, he would be in Trubisky's shoes right now.

Edited by first_and_ten
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

If Tyrod hadn’t been inept we should never have seen Peterman 

IF OC hadn’t been inept we should never have seen Peterman but I understand he is your idol you sacrifice Tyrod on his altar. 

2 hours ago, eball said:

I read that this morning.  It's a really, really weird piece; the reporter makes himself look like the guy whose girlfriend left him and now he's following her around to tell everyone else she's no good in bed.

Sort of like @SlimShady'sSpaceForce

Morrissey sees Bills reporters noting that the backup QB looks good.

What Morrissey doesn't see is that the reporters frame of reference for backup QB for the past 2.5 seasons has been Matt Barkley.

Unless he saw Bills reporters claiming Trubisky could carry the Bills to the SB if Josh Allen went down........and nobody should reasonably think that..........then there was actually nothing for him to see here.

But Bills fans will no doubt barrage him with emails.........which is wise because it's well known that the more you ignore Morrissey the closer he gets.

morrissey.gif  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I didn't see enough of the Bears to know for sure, but my impression is that Nagy's offense got "solved" somewhat (like McVay in Cali)

People forget that it's the job of defensive coordinators to solve problems.  Lamar Jackson still has all the talents he had when he was MVP, but DCs have figured out how to neutralize him.  Sooner or later, this happens to most of the good players and good teams, unless they can keep re-inventing themselves.  

We have to assume the DCs in NE, Miami, and New Jersey have spent time this offseason watching Bills tape and working up ways to slow down Josh Allen.  I hope that Allen and Daboll have been spending time working up new ways for Allen to excel.  

The NFL is a dynamic, quickly-evolving environment.  

As for Mitch, he like anyone else needs to be in a good situation that lets him play to his strengths.  Will he find his footing in Buffalo?  As long as he doesn't find it and then move on to another AFCE team next year, that would be great.

4 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I too was at that Chargers game in LA. Stubhub was an amazing place to watch an NFL game, especially if you were on the shady side (as I was). Those were some expensive tickets. I suppose I shouldn't be so salty, considering I got to watch a Bills QB set an NFL record.

We started in the endzone & by the 4th quarter we moved to the sidelines.  I don't recall paying that much, I treated a couple of friends & I think it was about $100 per ticket.  The deal was they drove & paid for parking, which I think was $40.