Sumbody in The Windy City not happy about Mitch Trubisky!

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2021/6/9/22526468/practice-continues-to-make-mitch-trubisky-perfect-this-time-in-buffalo-matt-nagy-bears-josh-allen

Wow!  Who who peed in this guys wheaties?  Interesting the venom he has towards Mitch.....altho in his favor we have all seen many a Camp Warrior only to see nada on the Sunday's that count.

Mods please delete if this was already posted......I searched and didn't see anything.....

2 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2021/6/9/22526468/practice-continues-to-make-mitch-trubisky-perfect-this-time-in-buffalo-matt-nagy-bears-josh-allen

Wow!  Who who peed in this guys wheaties?  Interesting the venom he has towards Mitch.....altho in his favor we have all seen many a Camp Warrior only to see nada on the Sunday's that count.

Mods please delete if this was already posted......I searched and didn't see anything.....

To be fair, the same thing happened here with Peterman

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, MrSarcasm said:

To a degree yes but ya never had a B-lo reporter trolling Peterpick after he left the Bills......just saying.  That dude is bitter!

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

Trubisky is the ideal backup. I want him to shine in practice and if he makes the field, all I'm looking for is a guy who can run the offense and make a few plays. No one expects him to be Patrick Mahomes any more--that author is living in the past when the expectation was much higher for Trubisky. That time has passed. 

Nate Peterman has yet to play an adequate NFL quarter. Trubisky has at least had some decent games. He could start on a few teams. 

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

One day at Bears practice:

Morrisey: "Hey Mitch, got a few minutes!?"

Trubisky: "Maybe later, Coach called a team meeting."

Morrisey:

image.thumb.jpeg.e02126720fcb31017ee1cea206e8c7ad.jpeg

Ricardo What is so jacked in that movie playing khan

I just sent The Chicago journalist a heartwarming email

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I'm under no illusions about Trubisky's ability to play QB in the NFL -- he's a quality backup and below-average starter.  If I were a Bears fan, I would probably be as irritated at Trubisky as we all were at Rob Johnson, JP Losman, and EJ Manuel.  Those guys cost all cost us first round draft picks, admittedly not quite as high a pick as Trubisky, and they were all medicore at best.  It sucks to invest draft capital in a QB only to see him fail even to reach replacement level.

That said, I've never wished any of those guys anything but the best once their time in Buffalo came to a close.  Part of me would sincerely like to see Nathan Peterman have a fruitful career as a second- or third-stringer.  This level of bitterness seems unhealthy.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, MrSarcasm said:

Poor analogy. 

Trubisky QB'd the Bears to a 12-4 record in 2018 and the NFC North division championship in 2018.  They had a top-10 offense on points that year.  Trubisky didn't look like Pat Mahomes, but he also looked reasonable - like a QB a team with a strong defense could win with. 

I didn't see enough of the Bears to know for sure, but my impression is that Nagy's offense got "solved" somewhat (like McVay in Cali) and Everyone but Nagy became the scapegoat - Helfrich, the Rams OC, got kicked to the curb for Bill Lazor.  Trubisky, the hoped-for Franchise Man, got kicked to the curb for Foles (who had already washed out as the starter with 4 different teams - talk about doing the same thing and expecting a different result).

Frankly, Trubisky has not been that bad of a QB.  He doesn't turn the ball over too much to win, he completes enough passes.  If he was checking down too much in 2019, it begs the question why and what changed elsewhere on the team that had him doing that, because he did better the year before. 

Peterdude, on the other hand, has set records for poor or incompetent QB play whenever he's seen the field.

This reporter's screed says more about him and about the Bears than it does about Mitch.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

Bears writer, although I never want to see JA17 hurt, like the MN moron on Diggs, Revenge is best served cold.  It is verry (my Spanish roll) cold in Orchard Park in December when Mitch comes in and wins us a few games like May God Be With You Reich did all those years ago (reference to comeback game where he quoted bible vs. after the game)

Kwai, thanks for sharing.  He’s a Bill now and we’re circling the wagons.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Kwai San said:

They prolly bought into the hype that Mitch was all that.  

now it’s sour grapes 

kinda like Diggs and Vikings reporter’s 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, MrSarcasm said:

Trubisky was a long time starter who won a lot of games. He has good stats. Peterman was horrible in every game he ever played.

• Like (+1) 1