The American Media Should Not Be Trusted

11 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

The media is completely trustworthy!

^_^

Of course anything you delete on Twitter is held on to by Twitter.  You can't delete anything on the internet.  A bot has a screen shot of it anyway.  Somebody even had a screen shot of a 16 year old kid's if it ain't white it ain't right tweet.

Edited by reddogblitz

My father had a saying: “The story’s the boss.” In the American context, if the facts tell you the Republicans were the primary villains in this or that disaster, you write that story. If the facts point more at Democrats, you go that way. If it turns out they’re both culpable, as was often the case for me across nearly ten years of investigating Wall Street and the causes of the 2008 crash for Rolling Stone, you write that. We’re not supposed to nudge facts one way or another. Our job is to call things as we see them and leave the rest up to you.

We don’t do that now. The story is no longer the boss. Instead, we sell narrative, as part of a new business model that’s increasingly indifferent to fact.

This bifurcated system is fundamentally untrustworthy. When you decide in advance to forego half of your potential audience, to fulfill the aim of catering to the other half, you’re choosing in advance which facts to emphasize and which to downplay. You’re also choosing which stories to cover, and which ones to avoid, based on considerations other than truth or newsworthiness.

This is not journalism. It’s political entertainment, and therefore unreliable.

I’m no fan of Donald Trump. I wrote a book about the man called Insane Clown President. But I’ve compiled a list of over 100 of these “bombshells” that went belly up, from “Bountygate” to MSNBC saying Russian oligarchs co-signed a loan for Trump to countless others, because these stories offend me. A good journalist should always be ashamed of error. It bothers me to see so many of my colleagues so unashamed.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Wait....so you're telling me that the media are corrupt, lying, propagandists?

No friggin way.

Pathetic, isn't it?  Just tells you the sorry state of journalism and the left in general.

I was initially skeptical of Elon Musk. After all, he has never been, or claimed to be, a conservative, and he voted not only for Barack Obama but for Slow Joe Biden. But give the man credit: he is catching on fast.

Thus his apt characterization of the utterly dishonest New York Times:

I suppose Musk’s eyes have been opened by the over-the-top attacks on him by liberals, who in most cases loved him before he came out for free speech.

Next, it will be interesting to see what he says about the Washington Post, which, like the Times, is keeping the news about Twitter quiet.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2022/12/elon-is-catching-on.php

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

THE JOURNOLIST WAS HOPPING ON FRIDAY NIGHT: 

The Twenty-Seven Most Embarrassing Reactions to Taibbi Thread About Twitter Censoring Hunter Biden Tweets.

3944D322-A7FB-4A22-8D69-80920C1D6FEA.thumb.jpeg.56bfac268f84e9fcec14e852328c6114.jpeg

https://www.mediaite.com/online/the-twenty-seven-most-embarrassing-reactions-to-taibbi-thread-about-twitter-censoring-hunter-biden-tweets/

Always cracks me up when they don't just all say the same thing, they use the exact same words.

15 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

A genuine liberal spawned from the civil rights and anti-war movements of the 1960's distrusts corporations and fights for the average citizen against big government and big business.  Figures like Humphrey, McGovern, and Kennedy would not recognize these people calling themselves liberals.

These modern day liberals are posers, sellouts to the establishment many grew up fighting against, that sold their souls and beliefs for a big fat corporate paycheck.  What it boils down to is they can lead a much more comfortable life lying for "the man" than they could by telling the truth.  They all know things like the laptop are genuine but dare not speak those words for fear of being pushed off the gravy train.    

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Agree 1