The American Media Should Not Be Trusted

22 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

How is it that Arizona is still counting votes?

Perhaps they need to change to a more efficient voting system…It’s almost like they decided to go from high speed internet, back to dial up…

If they need any 5 1/4" floppy disks I can dig through some boxes of old computer stuff that got packed away in the 80's. 

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

How is it that Arizona is still counting votes?

Perhaps they need to change to a more efficient voting system…It’s almost like they decided to go from high speed internet, back to dial up…

Maybe they are still using Roman Numerals? Nevada, too 

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Twitter by Musk?  

Oh, the Saudis will tell us the vote totals? 😇

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

If this short video doesn’t make you see how corrupt our government run mainstream media is, then nothing will…enjoy! 😉

The corporate media is so corrupt. I think it's terrible how they pumped up a "red wave" that was not going to happen. Our media is so pro-Republican, pathetic 

36 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The corporate media is so corrupt. I think it's terrible how they pumped up a "red wave" that was not going to happen. Our media is so pro-Republican, pathetic 

Pro Republican? Really?

CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, and FOX are the main network media outlets…And out of those, all are Left wing except for one…

Of the country’s main newspapers, that serve the biggest populations, the New York Times, LA Times and Washington Post all reside in urban communities that are Democrat strongholds, and are all Left wing…

So, it would appear that the MSM is overwhelmingly Left wing…The idea of the media “pumping up” a red wave, as you claim, wasn’t the MSM wanting or hoping for conservative victories, but, rather, the media relaying the data from polling that suggested a red wave was coming…That’s what explains why they were all so giddy when it didn’t happen…👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Tibs, with all due respect, what your example shows is just how inaccurate the polling is these days, and has been for the last few election cycles. I cannot blame either the left leaning or right leaning media on this one. They don’t take the time or invest the resources to do much more than read the polls they’re given to read. The problem isn’t the media here.

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Tibs, with all due respect, what your example shows is just how inaccurate the polling is these days, and has been for the last few election cycles. I cannot blame either the left leaning or right leaning media on this one. They don’t take the time or invest the resources to do much more than read the polls they’re given to read. The problem isn’t the media here.

Polling is just obsolete. All those young people don’t answer the phone if they don’t know the number. Polling is just not accurate at all 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Polling is just obsolete. All those young people don’t answer the phone if they don’t know the number. Polling is just not accurate at all 

Even pollsters admit that polling will likely become a thing of the past as it’s just too expensive to fund when nobody, not just “young people” answers the phone.  

My parents are around 65, they’d never answer a landline or cell phone call to answer a pollster. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Pro Republican? Really?

CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, and FOX are the main network media outlets…And out of those, all are Left wing except for one…

Of the country’s main newspapers, that serve the biggest populations, the New York Times, LA Times and Washington Post all reside in urban communities that are Democrat strongholds, and are all Left wing…

So, it would appear that the MSM is overwhelmingly Left wing…The idea of the media “pumping up” a red wave, as you claim, wasn’t the MSM wanting or hoping for conservative victories, but, rather, the media relaying the data from polling that suggested a red wave was coming…That’s what explains why they were all so giddy when it didn’t happen…👍

Don’t agree. Big corporations run the media for a profit. There’s also CNBC which is conservative, local newspapers which are owned by big conservative organizations. I agree they support press freedoms and other typical American values, though 

16 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Don’t agree. Big corporations run the media for a profit. There’s also CNBC which is conservative, local newspapers which are owned by big conservative organizations. I agree they support press freedoms and other typical American values, though 

Normally I would agree…But, ever since all of society became so ideological, roughly 5-10 years ago, the notion that big media corporations are only run for a profit is a misunderstanding of the current political climate, imo…

An example of this would be Twitter…By all accounts, the company was not mainly focused on turning a profit- this was even mentioned by some of the administrators, who happen to hold a Neo-Marxist world view…It was more important to them to control political discourse because this was seen as, ultimately, being more valuable than profit…

Similarly, this sort of thinking has permeated all of MSM…Hence, why their profits are all plummeting…This is also why the need to censor has become so important to the MSM…Left to their own choice, people have fled ideological news sources, for sources who try to focus on truth…Censoring these alternative outlets would undoubtedly help to eliminate competition for the MSM…👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

While you're close here many of these corporations have adopted a system best described as "stakeholder capitalism".  One definition is "a form of capitalism in which companies do not only optimize short-term profits for shareholders, but seek long term value creation, by taking into account the needs of all their stakeholders, and society at large."

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

AP: Stop talking about the Maricopa voting machines, peasants

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2022/11/10/ap-stop-talking-about-the-maricopa-voting-machines-peasants-n509810

I mean, the issue was with the printers, not the vote tabulation machines. It was resolved by officials changing the printer settings. But you do you, buddy.

4 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I mean, the issue was with the printers, not the vote tabulation machines. It was resolved by officials changing the printer settings. But you do you, buddy.

You realize you don’t need to defend incompetence just because Republicans are annoyed by it, correct?

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

You realize you don’t need to defend incompetence just because Republicans are annoyed by it, correct?

I'm not defending incompetence. I'm pushing back on misinformation. If people actually read the article, there was no issue with the voting machines.

9 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Hollywood is run for a profit, they are all conservative mouthpieces  too? 😂