The American Media Should Not Be Trusted

On 6/10/2021 at 6:09 AM, SCBills said:

I guess we can just keep a list here of everything the media has lied, or “misinformed” the public of over the last few years.  

Russiagate

Bountygate

Officer Sicknick skull bashed in with a fire extinguisher 

Covington Catholic kids

Hunter Biden’s laptop is “Russian misinformation”

”Debunked” Wuhan lab leak

President Trump “tear gassed” protesters for a photo op

The science behind hydroxychloroquine

Yes we can but it all fit their agenda and by either misinforming the public or just with holding pertinent information some of their agenda has been completed but the truth is now coming out so even those that believed it will be able to see what they were trying to do but i think it may not make a difference even when they can see the proof .

Edited by T master

2 hours ago, Governor said:

They had to create their own news echo chamber because there wasn’t ever any good news about them. That shows the decay of the party.

Why is it always about the "party"?  Why is one party "good" and another party "bad"?  You only believe what you want to believe?  You seem to lose sight of the issue that most news outlets are shameless shills for the Political Class -- both left and right.  They should just come out from behind their transparent curtain and go back to the days when there were "party publications" and let all the other outlets report on the un-slanted facts.

• Agree 1

Just now, snafu said:

Why is it always about the "party"?  Why is one party "good" and another party "bad"?  You only believe what you want to believe?  You seem to lose sight of the issue that most news outlets are shameless shills for the Political Class -- both left and right.  They should just come out from behind their transparent curtain and go back to the days when there were "party publications" and let all the other outlets report on the un-slanted facts.

I’ve always supported bringing back an updated version of The Fairness Doctrine which would eliminate cable news and all of the echo chamber news that you see in this board.

As of right now, this isn’t a “both sides” problem. 1 party is much, much worse than the other. 1 party actually exists in an alternate reality and doesn’t believe in a due-north on truth.

3 minutes ago, Governor said:

I’ve always supported bringing back an updated version of The Fairness Doctrine which would eliminate cable news and all of the echo chamber news that you see in this board.

As of right now, this isn’t a “both sides” problem. 1 party is much, much worse than the other. 1 party actually exists in an alternate reality and doesn’t believe in a due-north on truth.

So that's a yes.  You believe what you want to believe. 

The "echo chamber news that you see in this board" comes from both sides and parties' platforms.  How do you quantify "much worse"?  You say "alternate reality" but perhaps you mean a less hyperbolic "different viewpoint".

2 minutes ago, snafu said:

So that's a yes.  You believe what you want to believe. 

The "echo chamber news that you see in this board" comes from both sides and parties' platforms.  How do you quantify "much worse"?  You say "alternate reality" but perhaps you mean a less hyperbolic "different viewpoint".

I believe in things that are real and can be confirmed as truth. I don’t watch the news. I strictly follow campaigns and certain policy. I don’t chase boogeyman social issues unless I’m extremely bored and want to bludgeon my opponents over the head for my own entertainment. 

If I’m up early enough, I’ll watch the Washington Journal to get an idea on which way the winds are blowing on certain issues.

I only care about winning elections.

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I’m trying to find the 7x green check reply button to supersize my like of @T master post!  

Oh dam i didn't quite get it till i went back and looked i must have had a tremor or something there for a second 😂 

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 6/10/2021 at 7:09 AM, SCBills said:

I guess we can just keep a list here of everything the media has lied, or “misinformed” the public of over the last few years.  

Russiagate

Bountygate

Officer Sicknick skull bashed in with a fire extinguisher 

Covington Catholic kids

Hunter Biden’s laptop is “Russian misinformation”

”Debunked” Wuhan lab leak

President Trump “tear gassed” protesters for a photo op

The science behind hydroxychloroquine

Funny, you left off SPYGATE

The question is not whether "the Media" can or cannot be trusted to tell the truth or the facts objectively (not sure if the OP is including sketch Twitter feeds as part of this too)....

It is whether enough US citizens have the mental capacity to tell the difference regardless of the source.

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Funny, you left off SPYGATE

Pretty sure the media is covering this right now, and as it’s not detrimental to Democrats, are not slanting their coverage in a biased fashion and/or deliberately misreporting.   

Now if you want to say Fox isn’t really covering it, you’d be correct... but to my knowledge, they haven’t lied about it yet.  Simply resorting to the tactic of not reporting bad news about “your side” ie., none of the network Nightly News covering the Ilhan Omar vs Dems infighting.   

10 hours ago, WideNine said:

The question is not whether "the Media" can or cannot be trusted to tell the truth or the facts objectively (not sure if the OP is including sketch Twitter feeds as part of this too)....

It is whether enough US citizens have the mental capacity to tell the difference regardless of the source.

When to majority of the media repeatedly states that 1.75 trillion is more than 1.9 trillion and half the country agrees we know that some people can't determine truth on their own.