Joe: “I keep forgetting I’m president” 🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, Frat-Train said:

What are you possibly watching that leads you to that conclusion????????

At some point we have to take off our safety partisan shrink wrap and call things honestly.  

Actually, this sort of thing is fairly common.  After Elvis died, a lot of his hardcore fans said it wasn’t the tragically unhealthy lifestyle he lived that did him in, it was that he was a victim of his height being woefully insufficient to carry his weight.

Plus, obviously, the stutter. 

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Actually, this sort of thing is fairly common.  After Elvis died, a lot of his hardcore fans said it wasn’t the tragically unhealthy lifestyle he lived that did him in, it was that he was a victim of his height being woefully insufficient to carry his weight.

Plus, obviously, the stutter. 

Still debatable until I see a body.  Why is his middle name spelled wrong on his tombstone?  

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

No.  He has moments when he has trouble remembering something in the format he was in the other night; that is common in older individuals.  I’m 65 and it happens to me more times than I’d like.  And you watch other older politicians and you see it as well.  But his style and speaking does not seem appreciably different to me than it’s been throughout his career.  I don’t see anything in his public persona that makes me think his cognitive skills, his ability to consider data and make decisions, is altered with the caveat that I’m not in the room.

My guess is he’ll serve one term unless Trump runs.  And I don’t think Trump does.

I agree with most of this although I do think there's a slight mental decline.  Not enough to envoke the 25th or anything like that.  I'd also add the caveat that I don't know what goes on behind the scenes.  

There's a reason the "will you shut up man?" quote stuck in that first debate.  Trump with the constant interruptions of this guy we knew had a stutter made Biden look like a sympathetic figure.  That debate strategy Trump used with Jeb, Rubio, Cruz, Hillary, etc. on the debate stage worked for him it made this opponents seem weak.  They were all younger than him and nobody questioned their mental acuity.  It backfired with Biden because we already knew he had a stuttering problem and he was never a great speaker or debater even in his younger days.

We've all seen relatives age to the point where they'll lose their train of thought easily, large crowds will overwhelm them, and their eccentricities (suck the blood) will exasperate.  You talk to them one on one though and they seem more in line with their old selves.  My guess is that's where the 78 year old Biden is at this point.  I don't think he'll run for reelection at 81 years old but I wouldn't put money on it.

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I agree with most of this although I do think there's a slight mental decline.  Not enough to envoke the 25th or anything like that.  I'd also add the caveat that I don't know what goes on behind the scenes.  

There's a reason the "will you shut up man?" quote stuck in that first debate.  Trump with the constant interruptions of this guy we knew had a stutter made Biden look like a sympathetic figure.  That debate strategy Trump used with Jeb, Rubio, Cruz, Hillary, etc. on the debate stage worked for him it made this opponents seem weak.  They were all younger than him and nobody questioned their mental acuity.  It backfired with Biden because we already knew he had a stuttering problem and he was never a great speaker or debater even in his younger days.

We've all seen relatives age to the point where they'll lose their train of thought easily, large crowds will overwhelm them, and their eccentricities (suck the blood) will exasperate.  You talk to them one on one though and they seem more in line with their old selves.  My guess is that's where the 78 year old Biden is at this point.  I don't think he'll run for reelection at 81 years old but I wouldn't put money on it.

JB projects weakness and frailty which might be the perfect symbol for an empire in decline.  His rambling and confusing statements and answers to questions are becoming more frequent.  And its impossible for me to accept in any way the belief he is fully executing all the duties of the office and there are no forces or individuals in the background calling the shots here. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

This is the beauty of dialogue and the subjective nature of political analysis.  

Joe Biden’s persona was built upon the illusion that he was the Scranton tough guy.  Before he began to fail noticeably, he was combative, loud, dismissive, disrespectful and a running joke because of his eccentricities and tendency to brag about accomplishments that were made up on the spot.  He exhibited all the elements noted during his debate with Paul Ryan, to the extent that  the appearance was memorialized on SNL.    

Fast forward to today, he’s an object of pity, bullied by a barbarian, forgetful and eccentric because what older person doesn’t fantasize aloud about sucking blood on national tv, the nature of blackness and the like when running for the highest office in the land?  

I suppose one argument that could be made is that if you do fantasize about sucking blood, hey man, run for President because then you get to choose from the top talent when you finally take the plunge. 

Biden’s mental decline—were he not a world class master baiter of a politician—-would typically precede the kindly old dentist retiring from your town, the pharmacist with 5 decades of service signing off, or the adult children of a fiercely independent parent sitting down to discuss turning in the car keys.  That’s not what we’re talking about here. He seems to be shaking apart at the seams, each experience slightly worse than the last.  

But, we all see what we want to see in candidates, election fraud, vaxx and so on.  

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

You talk as if major mental decline happens with all people as they age.  It's almost as if you're saying "it's not Joes' fault.  It happens to EVERYONE his age!"  Well you know as well as I it doesn't and not everyone "his age" is running the most powerful country in the world.  My mom who will be 96 next week is sharp as a tack.  My aunt who died this week at 100 was also very healthy mentally.  Look at people like Warren Buffett and his partner Charlie Munger.  My wife worked at Munger's law firm in LA when he was in his 80's.  She said the highlight of her time there were the days Charlie came in to the office.  It gave her "something to aspire to."

And please....stop with the stuttering issue.  These "episodes" have pretty much nothing to do with his stuttering.  

• Agree 1

It's not stuttering.

Former White House doctor calls for cognitive test for Biden

ad82f4c6-7663-40f3-80c8-26a72328c9be-450

Congressman Ronny Jackson (R-Texas) is also a physician and served as the top White House doctor under both Barack Obama and Donald Trump. Having left the White House in 2019 to run for Congress, Jackson never had the opportunity to act as the Chief Medical Advisor to Joe Biden, but that doesn’t mean that he’s done diagnosing the medical issues of presidents.

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2021/07/25/former-white-house-doctor-calls-for-cognitive-test-for-biden-n404430

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, B-Man said:

It's not stuttering.

Congressman Ronny Jackson (R-Texas) is also a physician and served as the top White House doctor under both Barack Obama and Donald Trump. Having left the White House in 2019 to run for Congress, Jackson never had the opportunity to act as the Chief Medical Advisor to Joe Biden, but that doesn’t mean that he’s done diagnosing the medical issues of presidents.

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2021/07/25/former-white-house-doctor-calls-for-cognitive-test-for-biden-n404430

Interesting how Nancy and Gang were all about the 25th Amendment not long ago have clammed up.   What comes around goes around. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

It's not stuttering.

This is the same freak who told us Trump was 230 pounds of strapping muscle, right? Same guy? 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886t72zqtogj0hg0bm10q

14 hours ago, BillStime said:

This is the same freak who told us Trump was 230 pounds of strapping muscle, right? Same guy? 

Link ?

Because the only thing that I can find is this.....

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Well to be fair B-Man it wasn’t his quote. 

Well Jim, to be accurate, it was the post he quoted when trying to respond to the Dr's concern about Biden's cognition.

It was false.

• Like (+1) 1

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/07/26/president-biden-calls-nbc-news-kelly-odonnell-such-a-pain-in-the-neck-after-interrupting-her/

President Biden calls NBC News’ Kelly O’Donnell ‘such a pain in the neck’ after interrupting her

We’ve seen Joe Biden snap at a lot of people and, if they’re close enough, poke them in the chest while he’s doing it; remember when he lost it on that Detroit autoworker who asked him about gun confiscation?

President Biden’s been known to snap at reporters as well, and while reporters went to their safe rooms to cry every time Donald Trump used the words “fake news,” they don’t seem to be as supportive of each other when Biden gets nasty.

The Daily Wire reports that Biden on Monday called NBC News’ Kelly O’Donnell “such a pain in the neck” when she began to ask him a question.

Irritability is a common sign of dementia in the elderly.

• Like (+1) 1