Joe: “I keep forgetting I’m president” 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The clip from his town hall the other night, was like watching an elderly person declare they needed to use the bathroom, get up, walk to the refrigerator, move the eggs from one side to the other, return to their chair, sit down and state they needed to buy more eggs next time they go shopping. 

One could argue they stayed in the house, so in the end, it was a win and all is fine.  

Things like this statement:

"And we must be the leader of the free world. If we don’t do it, nobody good is likely to do it or has the capacity to do it. I really mean it. I genuinely mean it. So, it’s the thing, Don, that is the only time — and by the way, the first time I walked down stairs and they played “Hail to the Chief,” I wondered, “Where is he?”

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Things like this statement:

"And we must be the leader of the free world. If we don’t do it, nobody good is likely to do it or has the capacity to do it. I really mean it. I genuinely mean it. So, it’s the thing, Don, that is the only time — and by the way, the first time I walked down stairs and they played “Hail to the Chief,” I wondered, “Where is he?”

Joe was always a dimwit generally, affable back in the day and likable in the backslapping guffawing standard of his era.  He was likable in that sense, so his tendency to plagiarize and say the most god-awfully insensitive things was tolerated.  He is a product of his era, though the dem voters of the day--the parents and grandparents of today's wokesters correctly identified him as a guy who was ok, but only to a point.  That point seemed to be....you can stick around in the senate, but there's no way in hell you're going to the WH. 

In that vein, while a rambling fool these days, I'd spot him the silly joke even though it makes little sense in context.  

This isn't his big challenge imo. There are clips of him experiencing substantial brain freeze, losing track of what he's saying and never making it back to the point.  He's rocking pudding  in the cranium. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Come on, Oldie.  You can't make this argument unless you yourself are a neurologist.  And for the record, it's pretty clear that Trump has some mental deficiencies himself, but less cognitive and more personality driven.  Sociopathic Narcissism? Maybe. 

Trump thinks he is, and Biden forgets he is.  To quote the great TBD philosopher, WHAT A MESS!

(President Adams, am I infringing on Irv's copyright here? Would quotes make it better?)

I am not a neurologist but I do teach neuroanatomy and neurophysiology

5 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

It is not.  He has a stuttering issue since childhood.  He has expressed himself in the way he does now throughout his career.  He needs to quit with the no joke stuff; well all know these are not joking issues.  But people need to quit playing amateur neurologists around here.  

I stuttered a lot as a kid into HS.

In fact if I didn't stutter I probably wouldn't be here. My parents took me to the stuttering clinic at Children's Hospital at age 4.  They gave me a physical and found my BP was that of an adult. Further tests showed my kidney had a malformation that caused the high BP.  Removed the kidney and I was fine.

Finally grew out of it by having to give talks in journal club in college and graduate school. Biden is not stuttering. Mel Tillis stuttered, Biden doesn't. He has dementia.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Wacka said:

I stuttered a lot as a kid into HS.

In fact if I didn't stutter I probably wouldn't be here. My parents took me to the stuttering clinic at Children's Hospital at age 4.  They gave me a physical and found my BP was that of an adult. Further tests showed my kidney had a malformation that caused the high BP.  Removed the kidney and I was fine.

Finally grew out of it by having to give talks in journal club in college and graduate school. Biden is not stuttering. Mel Tillis stuttered, Biden doesn't. He has dementia.

bull####,

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Wacka said:

As I said above I am dealing with mom's dementia.  Biden has it.  Not as advanced, but he has it.

I don't disagree. I also think Trump has signs too, but not advanced as Biden. 

Not sure what it says about our country when we're given the choice between a life long sleazy politician with moderate to advanced dementia, and a raging sociopath with mild to moderate dementia. 

But we all knew that Biden's cabinet was going to have much more latitude in decision making than Trump's. 

I'm ok with that. They seem to be able to communicate and collaborate like adults. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

And you don't see anything that concerns you about Biden?

No.  He has moments when he has trouble remembering something in the format he was in the other night; that is common in older individuals.  I’m 65 and it happens to me more times than I’d like.  And you watch other older politicians and you see it as well.  But his style and speaking does not seem appreciably different to me than it’s been throughout his career.  I don’t see anything in his public persona that makes me think his cognitive skills, his ability to consider data and make decisions, is altered with the caveat that I’m not in the room.

My guess is he’ll serve one term unless Trump runs.  And I don’t think Trump does.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

No.  He has moments when he has trouble remembering something in the format he was in the other night; that is common in older individuals.  I’m 65 and it happens to me more times than I’d like.  And you watch other older politicians and you see it as well.  But his style and speaking does not seem appreciably different to me than it’s been throughout his career.  I don’t see anything in his public persona that makes me think his cognitive skills, his ability to consider data and make decisions, is altered with the caveat that I’m not in the room.

My guess is he’ll serve one term unless Trump runs.  And I don’t think Trump does.

No kidding, getting old sucks.     I don't think he even makes the full term.  My guess is that shortly after he gets past the threshold for KH to get two voted terms in the White House, he steps down. 

3 hours ago, Motorin' said:

I don't disagree. I also think Trump has signs too, but not advanced as Biden. 

Not sure what it says about our country when we're given the choice between a life long sleazy politician with moderate to advanced dementia, and a raging sociopath with mild to moderate dementia. 

But we all knew that Biden's cabinet was going to have much more latitude in decision making than Trump's. 

I'm ok with that. They seem to be able to communicate and collaborate like adults. 

I think much of the “communicate and collaborate like adults” stems from the cover provided by the media for the Biden admin.  

If, every time Biden lost his train of thought, forgot where he was or was presented wandering about like an old man in a rest home, there were 37 media outlets engaging in circular reporting about his mental acumen or odd fascination with young ladies crossing their legs, the perception would be quite different.  

If his cabinet choices were thoroughly vetted and controversial statements and positions   became the focus of media ire, each collectively covered with “breaking news” or “prior comments”, the appearance would be far different than what we see today.  

At the same time, it’s fair to acknowledge Trump’s lack of govt experience  & hiring/firing style was part of his problem, unrelated to media coverage,  and Biden’s 50 year Washington insider status left him well-prepared to work the machine. 

This is basic human psychology, and media companies use it to push the narrative they want to push.  

Heck, put Biden on a circular media file on his infamous Declaration of Independence speech for two weeks before the election and the entire game changes. 

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

No kidding, getting old sucks.     I don't think he even makes the full term.  My guess is that shortly after he gets past the threshold for KH to get two voted terms in the White House, he steps down. 

He’ll be fine for his term.

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

He’ll be fine for his term.

He won't make it full term.  It's gotten ten times worse since he was inaugurated.  Calcium deposit on the oblongata and hemmorhoids taking over his mind and body - not necessarily in that order.  He should go into the White House basement and let whoever is running the Executive Branch come forward.  What a mess.  

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Irv said:

He won't make it full term.  It's gotten ten times worse since he was inaugurated.  Calcium deposit on the oblongata and hemmorhoids taking over his mind and body - not necessarily in that order.  He should go into the White House basement and let whoever is running the Executive Branch come forward.  What a mess. 

Yeah, he's not even fine for right now.  Imagine in 2 years.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Frat-Train said:

What are you possibly watching that leads you to that conclusion????????

At some point we have to take off our safety partisan shrink wrap and call things honestly.  

I'll take "Things that will  happen when hell freezes" for 1000, Alex

• Like (+1) 1