Chris Hogan finally getting to play his sport

14 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Good for him. Is he considered old for professional LaCross? 

Agreed, good for him. I’d guess he’s considered old, but also considered quite wealthy. GOOD FOR HIM! 

Not Michael Jordan in minor league baseball rich, but he’s the one dude who’s not worried about buying an extra pizza and pitcher of beer! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

Happy for him.  I wonder if on NBC nationally or just to that area.  If national, I might watch with my sons.  They were both lax players and my oldest had a full ride in a D1 school, so spent hundreds of hours on those fields after football fields.

Form the good thing about lax is I’m just Dad, not a coach.  My boys would teach me what was happening, and they liked it.

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Augie said:

Agreed, good for him. I’d guess he’s considered old, but also considered quite wealthy. GOOD FOR HIM! 

Not Michael Jordan in minor league baseball rich, but he’s the one dude who’s not worried about buying an extra pizza and pitcher of beer! 

It’s neat when you have an opportunity to do something you love. 

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

I know nothing about professional lacrosse, where is this league, he teams? .... And, yes, great for him. If he has the ability, opportunity, and desire, go for it!

It is a pro league.....try as they might they struggle to bring in the crowds even tough the product n the field is usually really really good!!!!

https://www.nll.com/ - I used to religiously follow indoor LAX - THAT was really good, then the team I followed got diluted and then sold......the LAX sell is a hard one.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Kwai San said:

It is a pro league.....try as they might they struggle to bring in the crowds even tough the product n the field is usually really really good!!!!

https://www.nll.com/ - I used to religiously follow indoor LAX - THAT was really good, then the team I followed got diluted and then sold......the LAX sell is a hard one.

Thanks, Kwai San.

• Like (+1) 1

So the PLL (Premier Lacrosse League) plays outside on a normal lacrosse sized field with 10 players. The NLL (National Lacrosse League) plays indoors in a hockey sized field with 6 players. The Buffalo Bandits are in the NLL. Just wanted to clear that up for anyone not understanding. 

Nice for Chris Hogan. He was always a good dude. Here's a quick tidbit from his Wiki page:

"Hogan played three years of college lacrosse at Penn State and used his final eligible year for college football at Monmouth. He joined the NFL as an undrafted free agent in 2011, but did not land a final roster spot until 2012 with the Buffalo Bills. After four seasons in Buffalo, Hogan signed a three-year contract with the Patriots, leading to victories in Super Bowl LI and Super Bowl LIII. Hogan spent his final two seasons as a member of the Carolina Panthers and New York Jets. He returned to lacrosse in 2021 with the Cannons Lacrosse Club."

• Like (+1) 1

I have no hate for Chris Hogan, but as an avid lacrosse fan (as well as former college player and current varsity HC) this is a BS promotional tactic.  

He wasn’t even good enough to be drafted in the expansion draft, by all accounts sucked in training camp, and wasn’t even on the active roster for week 1 of the PLL season.  

I can think of 30 professional players off the top of my head who are far more talented and far more deserving of making and playing on a PLL roster.

The PLL is becoming like the WWE of professional lacrosse, but it’s now the only show in town...so get that $$ Mike and Paul Rabil!! 😒

8 hours ago, Kwai San said:

The bolded is simply not true.  In their inaugural season they nearly sold out every event in their 12 city touring event.  The only ones that didn’t completely sell out were the few huge venues like Gillette.  

A couple months ago, when tickets went on sale for the first 6 cities of this year’s touring season, most venues sold out within 20-30 minutes.  When tickets for Albany went on sale two weeks ago, the first 2 levels of the stadium sold out in 16 minutes.  

Are you thinking of the MLL perhaps?

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

8 hours ago, Kwai San said:

I love playing lax, I find it hard to watch though. Can’t stand the music played during the NLL games and don’t like field lax at all so really never even watched any PLL. I like streaming the senior A in Canada, I think that’s the best lax to watch.  Most of the players go from league to league anyway following the money. 

• Like (+1) 1