SI Mailbag: if chiefs, Bills swap QBs, who had better offense?

• BillsMafi$ changed the title to SI Mailbag: if chiefs, Bills swap QBs, who had better offense?

Are we going to do the Josh Allen vs Patrick Mahomes debate for the next 15 years?

They are both great QB's. Pat Mahomes has more super bowls and more MVP trophies. If Josh gets one of either, we can start comparing.

Until then, just enjoy the ride. Do we really have to have a short-man complex about even our good players?

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Is this a real question? Even if the QB position is considered a wash the Chiefs offense is significantly better. Much better TE, better RBs, slightly better OL. WR group is close where Hill is more explosive and Diggs is more productive. KC also has better team speed and coaching offensively as well IMO.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

The Chiefs have more elite talent on offense for sure.

Yeah.  The Bills may have ascending talent (I agree), but the Chefs easily had the better established talent last year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Don’t really care - I love Josh and can’t stand Mahomes.  

I will take Josh 100 times out of 100.  

I don’t care who is better - it is about having our guy and that is all I am concerned with.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

To me, the big difference on the Chiefs offense is Kelsey.  He is so elite, and gives any QB a huge target on any down.

Agree, I actually think people overrate KC receivers. They have Hill, along with some guys who Mahomes has made look good. I prefer our wideouts. Kelce is the wildcard because the insane mismatch he provides. Any QB would be helped immensely by having Kelce.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, jkeerie said:

To me, the big difference on the Chiefs offense is Kelsey.  He is so elite, and gives any QB a huge target on any down.

Yeah, I think we are really ceding the Chiefs the offensive talent a bit fast. I'd say Mahomes is ahead of Allen, but how Hill/Hardman/Robinson/whoever is 4 that much better than Diggs/Sanders/Beasley/Davis. As down as we are on Singletary, his first year numbers were close to Edwards-Helaire's and Singletary's YPC were actually way higher. Singletary's numbers this year weren't that far behind. The Chefs O-Line is better names-wise but it's a mostly new line, but we'll see how it goes and PFF (not exactly Bills-friendly territory) rated our line as above average in both run (barely), pass (by a decent margin). Kelce really is the only reason I might put KC ahead. 

As a team, they've played better than we have recently and clearly (and with no mitigating circumstances) have played us like they are the better team. Hopefully, the third season of both our teams being contenders will have us catching up to them. 

12 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Don’t really care - I love Josh and can’t stand Mahomes.  

I will take Josh 100 times out of 100.  

I don’t care who is better - it is about having our guy and that is all I am concerned with.

Why would anyone hate on Mahomes?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Agree, I actually think people overrate KC receivers. They have Hill, along with some guys who Mahomes has made look good. I prefer our wideouts. Kelce is the wildcard because the insane mismatch he provides. Any QB would be helped immensely by having Kelce.

When you have a generational talent at Tight End and generational speed on the outside as one of the leagues best deep threats... that's going to open up your Offense to a whole other level.  

Nobody else in the league has a duo close to Kelce/Hill.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Why would anyone hate on Mahomes?  

Because, as of now, Mahomes is better

edit:  for the record.  It’s one of the reasons I hate him. “Hate” being a rather strong word, I’d rather use strongly dislike. I know how much the bills winning a super bowl means to me and he stands in the way of that.  I believe that we’ll win at least one SB with Allen.....but if we don’t, Mahomes will likely be one of the reasons.  There have been several great teams that didn’t win a championship due to the greatness of one player.  I believe Mahomes might be good enough to be that guy.  

another reason I strongly dislike him:  

Josh talks a lot of smack....but I don’t think he would do something like this if he were in Mahomes position.  Bad character move on his part imo.  Really rubbed me the wrong way

Edited by NewEra