Dolphins at Bills 1980 season opener (Full game)

Holy!  Seriously, I have been collecting games for about 30 years.  This is the one game I have always wanted, and been looking for forever.  I have been trading games with Dolphins fans in Miami and surrounding areas, and nobody has ever been able to come up with a copy! From what I understand, with the way things were back then, the game did not sell out in time to be broadcast locally in Buffalo (though it did sell out by game time), and it really only aired primarily in Dolphins territory.  I have amassed quite a collection of games, but had given up hope of ever seeing this one again!  

This is awesome!  Not only was it a landmark game for the Bills, for me, it was the first game I ever attended as a season ticket holder! This was the game that started the whole "Talkin' Proud" phenomenon.  I know what I am doing this weekend!  Thanks so much for posting this!

EDIT:

Ha..ha!  Was just forwarding through it a little, to see if there was any tv station identifiers...Bob Costas looks like he is about 20 years old!

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

BTW- noticed on the Youtube page, former Buffalo Bill, Jeff Nixon (Bills DB 1979-1984) comments a bit!  He too seems pretty excited about seeing this game, finally!  I was there...he played in it!  Probably the best game of Nixon's career!  :)

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Buftex said:

BTW- noticed on the Youtube page, former Buffalo Bill, Jeff Nixon (Bills DB 1979-1984) comments a bit!  He too seems pretty excited about seeing this game, finally!  I was there...he played in it!  Probably the best game of Nixon's career!  :)

On at least one of the interceptions, the scoreboard flashed "Nixon for President"  

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Holy!  Seriously, I have been collecting games for about 30 years.  This is the one game I have always wanted, and been looking for forever.  I have been trading games with Dolphins fans in Miami and surrounding areas, and nobody has ever been able to come up with a copy! From what I understand, with the way things were back then, the game did not sell out in time to be broadcast locally in Buffalo (though it did sell out by game time), and it really only aired primarily in Dolphins territory.  I have amassed quite a collection of games, but had given up hope of ever seeing this one again!  

This is awesome!  Not only was it a landmark game for the Bills, for me, it was the first game I ever attended as a season ticket holder! This was the game that started the whole "Talkin' Proud" phenomenon.  I know what I am doing this weekend!  Thanks so much for posting this!

EDIT:

Ha..ha!  Was just forwarding through it a little, to see if there was any tv station identifiers...Bob Costas looks like he is about 20 years old!

Was just going to message you about this!  Christmas has arrived!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

I was 12 and I remember it well. End of the streak. 

Greg, my name is Jeff Miller, and I am the author of Rockin' the Rockpile and other Bills books.  I am also a collector of old film (100s of game films going back to 1929).  I am interested in obtaining a copy of the film for my private use.  Are you open to trade?  I have some never-before-seen stuff ...

Great game thanks for sharing. I was in 10th grade. Jim Kelly year 2 @ Miami right? Wow just looked at his college stats not really that impressive I assumed they would be much better.

Edited by ALLEN1QB
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I was 8. I listened on my little red transistor radio at my grandparents house. My folks had seasons and were there. I hung on every word Van Miller said. This is the first time I’ve ever seen it. 

• Thank you (+1) 1