Bleacher report ranks the supporting cast for each QB

15 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Bucs and chiefs running backs arent that much better than the Bills. They got us on TEs, obviously, but that’s really it. And the Cowboys? Really? I’d take the bills wideouts and oline over theirs.

Bucs and the Chiefs kill us on RB. 

Edwards-helaire is better than anything we have. Fournette is better than anything we have, he can be a knucklehead but the Bucs keep him focused somehow. 

We should probably be above the Browns/Packers/Cowboys but I agree with the Chiefs and Bucs ahead of us. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Browns? 

Nah. They have excellent RBs, a good TE, and good to potentially great WRs if OBJ regains form.

They are good, they seemed better without OBJ. Landry is really good, between the Bills recievers and theirs I'd take the Bills. RBs and TEs they beat us. I could see people picking the Browns but it isn't clear cut. 

1 minute ago, DQW87 said:

Cowboys are always so overrated. Every year they are predicted to have this super offense and it never happens.

Agreed. Elliott hasn't tried since before the ink was dry on that contract. And Dak gets his stats, up until the game is on the line. Then is just...kinda...doesn't happen.

The Bills entire O is going to work to improve the run game to achieve more balance and they are going to succeed, imho. They are doing this to lessen the wear and tear inflicted on our WRs.

While I still Billieve the Bills are going to sign Ertz, I think Knox, Hollister and Sweeney will be better than what we saw at TE last season. With Ertz it's going to be night and day.

PS - While deep speed is always preferred it is far from necessary. Just break out the TT film. We are going to be good at RB this season, imho. I hope whoever wins the LG job is a step above play there last year. I think our line could gel a little more as well. Maybe run some of Singletary's favorite run plays as well. It's Singletary that I think plays well for us this fall although our duo may be a trio this fall with either Brenda or Williams  sharing the load.

So, more practice at running, better play design, better execution by the O-line, going from a duo to a trio with all three fighting for carries is going to do the trick.

PSS - I wonder if Daboll wanted Brenda to run particular plays for us?

Go Bills!

20 hours ago, DQW87 said:

Cowboys are always so overrated. Every year they are predicted to have this super offense and it never happens.

Wasn’t Dak leading the NFL in yards before his injury? Last year Elliott took a step back as their o-line was banged up. If they can stay healthy they will be very good. Same goes with the Bills

On 6/8/2021 at 9:47 AM, Doc said:

RBs sure.  But Tonyan broke out in his 3rd season, which Knox is entering.

I would take Tonyan AND Knox!  BTW, when I posted that I thought the same thing.  I really believe Knox is going to explode on the scene this season.

Wasn't mentioned in the OP, but these rankings do not factor in OLine whatsoever. It's solely RBs, WRs, and TEs. I don't get the Packers ranking personally. They have a good RB and an elite WR and that's it IMO. I don't think Tonyan, Dillon, or the other WRs are anything special. I'd probably put them somewhere in the 15-20 range.

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I would take Tonyan AND Knox!  BTW, when I posted that I thought the same thing.  I really believe Knox is going to explode on the scene this season.

Hopefully. 

21 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

Bucs and the Chiefs kill us on RB. 

Edwards-helaire is better than anything we have. Fournette is better than anything we have, he can be a knucklehead but the Bucs keep him focused somehow. 

We should probably be above the Browns/Packers/Cowboys but I agree with the Chiefs and Bucs ahead of us. 

O-line run blocking is 90% of your argument, which has minimal to do with rb talent.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 6/7/2021 at 6:00 PM, Stank_Nasty said:

Jones is a heck of a back. You could at least make an argument for him being borderline top 5.  Adams is bad man. Not much needs said for him…. and whether or not it was because of Rodgers tonyan had a heck of a year. I have no issues with them being high on the list. That’s just me I guess. 

I agree with you.  They lost RB J.Williams but drafted AJ Dillon last year.  If they had another consistent WR even approaching what Beasley does, I might put them ahead of the Cowgirls.  

9 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Wasn’t Dak leading the NFL in yards before his injury? Last year Elliott took a step back as their o-line was banged up. If they can stay healthy they will be very good. Same goes with the Bills

Yes, Dak was averaging 370+passing yards per game thru 5 games, being injured during the 5th game.  He had 450+ yards in each of weeks 2 thru 4.  I’d say he was on pace to have a chance at beating Peyton Manning’s record of 5,477 yards.

9 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Yes, Dak averaged 370 yards passing thru 5 games and he was injured during game 5.  He had 450+ yards in each of games 2 thru 4.  I’d say he was on pace for most passing yards in a season.