Bleacher report ranks the supporting cast for each QB

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2944072-ranking-every-nfl-qbs-supporting-cast-for-2021

Buffalo coming in at a respectable #6

2020 Ranking: 8

The Buffalo Bills made it to last year's AFC title game thanks in no small part to a breakout year from quarterback Josh Allen. The Wyoming product had a career year, passing for 4,544 yards with 37 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He also rushed for 421 yards and eight scores.

With a strong supporting cast, Allen could be even better this season.

Buffalo's receiving corps was already fantastic before adding Emmanuel Sanders in free agency. Stefon Diggs led the NFL in both receiving yards (1,535) and receptions (127) last season. Cole Beasley had 967 receiving yards, while then-rookie Gabriel Davis contributed 599 receiving yards. Sanders replaces John Brown, who was fourth on the team with 458 receiving yards.

The only two real knocks against Allen's supporting cast are that Dawson Knox is a good, not great, receiving tight end, and the backfield has been inconsistent. Knox had just 288 receiving yards in 2020, while Zack Moss and Devin Singletary combined for just 1,168 rushing yards. Buffalo ranked 20th in rushing with 24 percent of its yards coming from Allen.

The Bills did add Matt Breida in the offseason, and he should help the offense be more balanced this season. Either way, this is a top-10 supporting cast, and the Bills should easily have a top-10 offense after ranking second in both points and yards last year.

the teams in front of the Bills are as follows:

#5 Browns

#4 Packers

#3 Cowgirls

#2 Chiefs

#1 Bucs

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, MJS said:

Packers? I feel like their offense would suck without Rodgers.

Jones is a heck of a back. You could at least make an argument for him being borderline top 5.  Adams is bad man. Not much needs said for him…. and whether or not it was because of Rodgers tonyan had a heck of a year. I have no issues with them being high on the list. That’s just me I guess. 

• Like (+1) 6

42 minutes ago, MJS said:

Packers? I feel like their offense would suck without Rodgers.

So Rodgers is Rodgers’ supporting cast? If the premise is talent surrounding the QB position does the QB factor into the ranking?

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

True.  But I know that the Bills offense would suck without Allen.

Diggs is a consensus top receiver. The Bills have a good pass blocking oline (at least most of the time). Sanders and Beasley are good receivers.

With GB you have Adams who is a top receiver, but not much else, in my opinion. I think Rodgers elevates the rest. A year ago we were talking about Rodgers having no weapons and making fun of their organization for not bringing in weapons to help Rodgers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Jones is a heck of a back. You could at least make an argument for him being borderline top 5.  Adams is bad man. Not much needs said for him…. and whether or not it was because of Rodgers tonyan had a heck of a year. I have no issues with them being high on the list. That’s just me I guess. 

This right here. It's about supporting cast, not the QB.

11 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2944072-ranking-every-nfl-qbs-supporting-cast-for-2021

The Buffalo Bills made it to last year's AFC title game thanks in no small part to a breakout year from quarterback Josh Allen. The Wyoming product had a career year, passing for 4,544 yards with 37 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He also rushed for 421 yards and eight scores.

Buffalo's receiving corps was already fantastic before adding Emmanuel Sanders in free agency. Stefon Diggs led the NFL in both receiving yards (1,535) and receptions (127) last season. Cole Beasley had 967 receiving yards, while then-rookie Gabriel Davis contributed 599 receiving yards. Sanders replaces John Brown, who was fourth on the team with 458 receiving yards.

The only two real knocks against Allen's supporting cast are that Dawson Knox is a good, not great, receiving tight end, and the backfield has been inconsistent. Knox had just 288 receiving yards in 2020, while Zack Moss and Devin Singletary combined for just 1,168 rushing yards. Buffalo ranked 20th in rushing with 24 percent of its yards coming from Allen.

The Bills did add Matt Breida in the offseason, and he should help the offense be more balanced this season. Either way, this is a top-10 supporting cast, and the Bills should easily have a top-10 offense after ranking second in both points and yards last year.

#5 Browns

#4 Packers

#3 Cowgirls

#2 Chiefs

#1 Bucs

Nothing wrong with that,  it's a fact we are weak at TE & RB. Both Zack Moss and Devin Singletary are too slow with no burst and Knox drops too many passes

10 hours ago, MJS said:

Diggs is a consensus top receiver. The Bills have a good pass blocking oline (at least most of the time). Sanders and Beasley are good receivers.

With GB you have Adams who is a top receiver, but not much else, in my opinion. I think Rodgers elevates the rest. A year ago we were talking about Rodgers having no weapons and making fun of their organization for not bringing in weapons to help Rodgers.

I would take GB's RB & TE in a nanosecond. IMO GB has a much more BALANCED set of skill players then the Bills have.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

12 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

#5 Browns

#4 Packers

#3 Cowgirls

#2 Chiefs

#1 Bucs

They always fail to give credit to Allen for his touchdown reception as well (half sarcasm😒) That's 2 years in a row now. I bet you next season he gets another one too. That's gotta be some kind of obscure, weird record. Most consecutive years for a QB to have at least one rushing, passing, and receiving TD. I'm about to go down the Google rabbit hole for this one.

As far as the article goes, #8 is BS. I would put them at #3 and move down the Packers & Cowboys. I don't care how old Emmanuel Sanders is, he's still playing at high level so his age means nothing. Then you have Diggs who's a top 3 WR that can line up everywhere and is the NFL's best route runner. Lastly, Cole Beasley who is the best slot receiver in the league and premier 3rd down conversion artist. 

No way would I personally rank the Cowboys (2 borderline elite receivers) and Packers (1 elite receiver) over the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1

as much as I hate to say it, the Chiefs fixed their biggest problem, the O line, esp the tackles with vets...fins had another great draft, pats spent big and drafted a system qb, jets are finally on the right track..most teams planned and drafted well, except for the raiders who had the worst off-season IMHO

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I would take GB's RB & TE in a nanosecond. IMO GB has a much more BALANCED set of skill players then the Bills have.

RBs sure.  But Tonyan broke out in his 3rd season, which Knox is entering.

12 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

True.  But I know that the Bills offense would suck without Allen.

And so would GB without AR, and so would TB without Brady and I love here as evidenced by Winston with a losing record with a similar offense.  They added some, but as much as people hate it Brady made the difference for the WR’s and TE’s.  They only added Gronk, Fournette, and AB.  Even without them they were the best which is why he specifically went there.

This is an erroneous argument as the QB is by far the most important guy on every team.  Just see our past between Kelly to Allen.

We still have holes like every other team as it’s not Madden.  No one has a dream team.  For offense we have one of the top two WR room on the NFL.  Not a person, a room.

I thought Bruce the rating was relatively fair.  If our RB’s and TE’s improve this year, we should move up next year.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Bucs and chiefs running backs arent that much better than the Bills. They got us on TEs, obviously, but that’s really it. And the Cowboys? Really? I’d take the bills wideouts and oline over theirs.

Cowboys are probably 5 spots too high. Think the rest of the list is fine though