Bills 2021 Training Camp will be at OBD

Most teams have abandoned off-site training camps and you are looking out of step to free agents if you go off site these days IMO. The traditional training camp was invented to get the guys in shape after a long off season where the players would work regular jobs. Now everyone in the league (except Dawkins) works out 365 days a year to stay in the league.  

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Another tradition gone...

It was a great tradition. I love the teambuilding aspect, but we have seen the Bills build a great team atmosphere and build an incredible training facility. With the team in such a good place as a group, it just makes sense to put them where they can train the best and that is OBD.

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

If you’ve never been to camp at SJF, it was absolutely fantastic: ability to see the players work up close and personal, see the interactions, watching the improvement over the course of TC. 

Living in ROC, this is a real bummer to me but I understand it. 

• Like (+1) 5

The Bills could develop camaraderie by providing mandatory or optional housing at the Marriott at Harbourcenter. An Arena Football League surface for workouts could be placed over the rinks at Harbourcenter and/or Key Bank Center. I’m sure the Pegulas could get a discount. 

Players and staff could drive, limo or bus back and forth to the Orchard Park facilities as needed. 

I have thought for a while now that McDermott will slowly phase out fan attendance at training camp. It creates a competitive disadvantage if our opponents can read/watch fan articles and videos. As it is the media only has access to 1 out of every 3 practices and they can't report on certain things. They can't force fans to avoid reporting those things. I enjoy going to training camp once a year but the bottom line is making it easier to win games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1