Movie(s) You've Seen The Most Times?

The Avenger

4 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Conversation over.  You should still read the book The Big Short if you really want to understand the subject matter covered in the movie.

I’ve seen the movie, but I’m not sure if I’ve read the book. I’ll put that on the list because it’s such a huge part of history. 

I remember way back in my banking days when the question was “will we get our money back?”  I also remember when it changed to “can we sell it before it goes bad?” I find it to be a particularly fascinating story. 

Never really thought about how many movies I have watched repeatedly, until this thread.....with my wife.🤔

I don't think saying we've watch dozens of dozens(?) at least a half dozen times would be understating it.

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

My SO and I vary so much in terms of what we find an interesting movie to watch, we rarely watch films together anymore.

We used to do it all the time, but after a while, we realized we end up watching something that *neither* of us wants to watch---I would veto this, she would veto that, and we would always agree to some vague middle ground that was terrible.

So it's just easier to watch what we want, alone. 

The NFL spares us from TV togetherness time. Though, now, she wants to watch the Bills.....Oy vey! (amazing how much she knows about football given she rarely watches it)

Otherwise, TV middle ground brawling is just another daily activity.

On 6/7/2021 at 7:49 PM, Behindenemylines said:

Hell yes!   Have a decades running bit with a buddy that whenever it’s on we text (used to be a call) just a saying from the movie to the other guy. Just as an FYI we are watching.   It always makes my day getting that Rando.  

Interesting about the running bit.  According to the actress in it,( Kelly Lynch?), she said every time it was on TV, Bill Murray would call her husband and say, "Patrick Swayze is sleeping with your wife right now!"

• Haha (+1) 1

On 6/7/2021 at 5:21 PM, Augie said:

I haven’t seen Remember the Titans or Hoosiers yet. My kids knew every line from Remember the Titans. 

Hoosiers...yeah, that's a movie you should see.  Its the classic sports movie that's not too over the top. Gene Hackman was ..Gene Hackman and Dennis Hopper was excellent.  One cool thing about it was that none of the players were professional actors, they were college and high school basketball players.

On 6/7/2021 at 10:57 AM, The Avenger said:

What movie(s) have you seen countless times?

Over the weekend I was watching My Cousin Vinny for well over the 100th time (I have a rule - if your flipping channels and it's on, you have to stop and watch it). I absolutely LOVE that movie - still funny after seeing it triple digit times - Pesci really should have done more comedy and Marisa Tomei EARNED that Oscar with all the little things she did to animate her character (seriously - watch when she is on the stand at the end - the non-verbal things she does are brilliant).

My favorite two Oscars ever awarded are to Marisa Tomei for My Cousin Vinny and Kevin Klein for A Fish Called Wanda.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/7/2021 at 1:57 PM, Limeaid said:

Groundhog Day

The Princess Bride

Yup. For me it’s probably Ground Hog Day, What About Bob?, Princess Bride and Finding Nemo.  Honorable mentions to Stardust, Office Space, Tropic Thunder and pretty much any Tarantino movie. 

The first five on the list are all movies my kids and I watch when we are sick.  I haven’t watched Finding Nemo in years but it was the only thing that would soothe my son when he was young and got sick.  He’s graduating high school this month and though I haven’t seen it in 10-15 years I still quote it regularly. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1

Forgot to include "Who framed Roger Rabbit?"

It is a movie I watch when working because there are so many scenes which are rewatchable. 

I hear there will be a "Who Framed Roger Rabbit 2" which is amazing for I heard that while one was planned Disney and WB had a big fallout after film do to some broken promises.  This one will be real hard to know all of the characters.

On 6/8/2021 at 8:18 PM, Rico said:

Sa da tay!

So thanks for the nudge reminder on this, hadn’t seen it in forever and I was surprised that my wife had never seen it. We have the same sense of humor, but she was a bit skeptical going in…

We both laughed our asses off the entire time haha!

So damn funny.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

So thanks for the nudge reminder on this, hadn’t seen it in forever and I was surprised that my wife had never seen it. We have the same sense of humor, but she was a bit skeptical going in…

We both laughed our asses off the entire time haha!

So damn funny.

I just laugh out loud non-stop from start to finish, good thing it’s short cause I’m exhausted at the end. Even the jokes that miss crack me up cause they are so stupid. It’s on Netflix right now, so I’ve seen it a few times lately. Louis C.K.’s masterpiece. Wa da ta!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Sixteen Candles

Hoosiers

Goodfellas

Silence of the Lambs

American Pie

Rocky IV

I am surprised you did not mention "The Bermuda Triangle", which Wikipedia describes as "a 1978 Mexican-Italian science fiction horror film"

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

and keeping in touch with my feminine side:  The Devil Wears Prada

The Devil wears Prada  is my favorite surprise movie.  Mrs. Lew and MIL dragged me to this movie at the theatre oh so

many years ago.  I dreaded the idea.  Then after the movie was over, I agreed I was wrong and  it was a very entertaining 

movie.  I was glad I went. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, LewPort71 said:

The Devil wears Prada  is my favorite surprise movie.  Mrs. Lew and MIL dragged me to this movie at the theatre oh so

many years ago.  I dreaded the idea.  Then after the movie was over, I agreed I was wrong and  it was a very entertaining 

movie.  I was glad I went. 

Meryl Streep’s performance was outstanding, amongst a gaggle of excellence 

Shawshank

Joe Dirt

Six Pack

This is Spinal Tap

Roadhouse

Forrest Gump

Pulp Fiction

Smokey and the Bandit

Happy Gilmore

Under Siege

Vacation, Christmas Vacation, European Vacation.  Not Las Vegas Vacation.  

Godfather I and II.  Not Godfather III

On 6/7/2021 at 8:49 PM, Behindenemylines said:

Hell yes!   Have a decades running bit with a buddy that whenever it’s on we text (used to be a call) just a saying from the movie to the other guy. Just as an FYI we are watching.   It always makes my day getting that Rando.  

Mee-ho

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.