Movie(s) You've Seen The Most Times?

The Avenger

When I saw the title of this thread, I immediately thought of "My Cousin Vinnie". Other favorites:

Aliens

Shawshank

Fargo

Lord of the Rings trilogy

The Hunger Games (the first one)

The Bridge on the River Kwai

Duck Soup (Marx Brothers)

Nosferatu (1922)

The Discrete Charm of the Bourgeoisie (Bunuel)

Edited by DrW

The Departed

Godfather and Godfather 2

Up there is "The Big Short." Aside from the fact that it was a great movie, I had to watch a bunch of times to understand it. I feel like I get it now approx. 90%. 

I still don't fully understand how to short a stock and what it consists of. I read that Michael Burry recently shoted Tesla for HUGE money and considered jumping on it, but someone told me that you can lose more than you invest, which is not what I want to happen.

Like I said, I still don't get it 100%.😕

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, T&C said:

If I watched it or not but they were on... Toy Story and Jumanji have to be the most Played movies in any house I've been in. When I had kids in the house they wanted to watch them Every frickken day. At that time I was a shelter parent so I for sure get it... it was like a ritual Every day lol. Whatever works...

I never even thought about all the movies we watched dozens of times when our son was little. Toy Story is definitely on that list.

4 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

The Departed

Godfather and Godfather 2

Up there is "The Big Short." Aside from the fact that it was a great movie, I had to watch a bunch of times to understand it. I feel like I get it now approx. 90%. 

I still don't fully understand how to short a stock and what it consists of. I read that Michael Burry recently shoted Tesla for HUGE money and considered jumping on it, but someone told me that you can lose more than you invest, which is not what I want to happen.

Like I said, I still don't get it 100%.😕

Read the book.  Its a page turner and it explains everything very well.  No financial education needed.

• Like (+1) 1

Great Escape

Bridge on the River Kwai

A Bridge Too Far

The Longest Day

The Dirty Dozen

Kelly's Heroes

Saving Private Ryan

See a theme here?

Also, Goodfellas, The Natural, Bull Durham, Caddyshack, Animal House and many more

Edited by Ned Flanders

Probably the #1 movie that comes to mind when I think of this is the old movie "WAR GAMES" with Matthew Broderick.

Why? B/C it was shown every 8 hours on HBO for decades, and I always enjoyed the movie, particularly as a kid.

There are others that I'll see and then it occurs to me I am watching the movie for about the 10,000 time, or so it seems.

Of that, names come to mind like "JAWS", "GOODFELLAS", "2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY", many James Bond films, "A BRIDGE TOO FAR" "GODFATHER I and II", and many others.

On 6/8/2021 at 2:50 AM, I am the egg man said:

The movie I would watch most often, were it up to me, would be "Pulp Fiction", but my wife and I sit together most nights fighting over what to watch.

.....so for me its "Fiddler On the Roof".

My SO and I vary so much in terms of what we find an interesting movie to watch, we rarely watch films together anymore.

We used to do it all the time, but after a while, we realized we end up watching something that *neither* of us wants to watch---I would veto this, she would veto that, and we would always agree to some vague middle ground that was terrible.

So it's just easier to watch what we want, alone. 

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Does the movie explain all of the possible pitfalls of shorting

I’m not so sure.

?!?!?  You've seen it way more times than I have! You tell me if it explains all of the pitfalls of shorting. 

Then go read the book.

8 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

OK, I don't think it does. Perhaps we can end this conversation here. 

Conversation over.  You should still read the book The Big Short if you really want to understand the subject matter covered in the movie.

Fast Times at Ridgemont High

The Beastmaster

Just One of the Guys

They were seemingly always on HBO or Cinemax in the 80's so whether you were home or at someone's house these movies were always on tv on the weekends.    

Haven't seen the last two on TV in years but Fast Times is still on a lot.

I don't multi-watch movies much anymore but Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is on non-stop now on Show or Starz and it is a great movie so I've seen that quite a few times.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.