Sal article: how Milano stayed in Buffalo

6 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Although appreciated, that may be the least groundbreaking article I have read in some time. That’s a nice fluff piece if I’ve ever seen one.

Ok, non fluff, there is this girl who lives just off Big Tree Road, where you can walk to the Inn on  a nice evening, can hear the trains, and ride your bike to the beach. You can store your boat in an old grain silo right beside the small boat harbor, and the perch fishing is superb. You can stroll through Tuft preserve and In the winter you can see the snow storm 30 minutes before it reaches you. 

Doesn't get any better, so why leave.

So Sal is filling in for Jeremy this morning and placed a little more context in the article.  The discussion starts around 7:05 am of anyone wants to listen on Audacy on demand.

On the phone so can’t write everything, but Sal discussed the trust and communication between the agent and Beane that made this work and is not common among GM’s and agents.  He also mentioned when interviewing the two, the Lavonte David contract did not factor in for either side as setting a bar.  Lastly, all of the discussion about Milano shopping in the market was false. He instructed his agent to get a fair deal with the Bills as he didn’t want to leave.  How many articles did we read he was shopping in the market.

Listen for yourself as there were a couple other points.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Now to take this off the rails……the article says Oliver has two years remaining?
    Unless he has a crazy good year this year, he doesn’t get resigned by the Bills.  
    You heard it here first🤓

Matt is a good player and he played it smart,  he could have tested free agency and while doing so the Bills could have spent money to replace him.  End of the day Matt has no huge resume,  no pro bowls selections and no massive stats to point to. The cap was a low and teams were not going to throw crazy money for some LB that is not a huge play maker as in sacks or interceptions/ tackles.

He most likely received the most from the Bills,  not suggesting it as crazy money but it was very good money for a good but not great LB

Just based on the cap number AJ Klein has it was a good deal for both parties. IMO

Edited by Niagara Dude

cool to hear Buff having a good relationship with someone considered a powerhouse agent.  does anyone think that deal gets done 5-10-15 years ago?  how many freakin good players did we draft and watch go have killer careers elsewhere?  pretty cool that Beane and the agent agreed to the interview too, Sal has the best Bills connections around!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I thought it was interesting simply for the fact that they were both willing to speak on record about it. Seems rather rare but perhaps I’m wrong. 

I’m very glad he was re-signed: the D is much better when he’s on the field. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Now to take this off the rails……the article says Oliver has two years remaining?
    Unless he has a crazy good year this year, he doesn’t get resigned by the Bills.  
    You heard it here first🤓

You don’t think they pick up his option? Why not? 

I read the headline and said man this should be a really good read.  Read the article and was like okay that wasn’t what I expected. Great Beane had a good relationship with the Agent and Milano wanted to stay. Not exactly groundbreaking stuff 

32 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

You don’t think they pick up his option? Why not? 

Yolo, I was wondering the same.  I know I bring up maybe too much but I love MTC on Sirius with Jim and Pat.  They were making an argument with data about pics 20-32 and how many get a 5th year option and is it that important to move up in the bottom third of the 1st to have that option.  It was a no as so many do not.

Conversely though, most top 10 in the first round do get the option minus anomalies like Trubisky.  They invest a lot in those picks so you’d think if anything, they may not extend to see one more year what he can do, but very well could pick up the option.  I could definitely see that to know for sure what Oliver has when healthy, has a good line around him and has he developed to be worth the extension.  This year will be telling for him.  He has a lot of talent around him now barring injuries.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Milton, it’s June.  Sal and the guys are scraping for any news they can find.  I thought it was fine.  Mafia, just an FYI, it’s on the main board as well.

Agreed, but he does make a point, not much in there.

4 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

Ok, non fluff, there is this girl who lives just off Big Tree Road, where you can walk to the Inn on  a nice evening, can hear the trains, and ride your bike to the beach. You can store your boat in an old grain silo right beside the small boat harbor, and the perch fishing is superb. You can stroll through Tuft preserve and In the winter you can see the snow storm 30 minutes before it reaches you. 

Doesn't get any better, so why leave.

Sounds like Steelton where I grew up off Big Tree Road.

• Like (+1) 1