Passing the Torch - JK to JA

Chaos

6 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Are they scouting for “deers”? Please call Mario Williams 

They probably have a great time hunting for big white tail deer.

Edited by wppete
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Got me thinking....

Jim Kelly 11 years $28 million in the NFL. 

Josh Allen about to get $45 million per year. 

I remember being with my older sister and fearing we would run out of gas in her Fiat. Her first car. We found a quarter on the floor that got us another gallon and about 30 miles. 

Times change, for sure! 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 4

Happy Jim is doing well. He's been a great spokesman for the Bills and the city of Buffalo...

But it's time for him to remove himself from the stage. Him, Bruce, Thurman, all of them. Tasker doesn't count as he's actually working and doing a job that involves the team. 

But anyways, when I think about Bruce sending a note to Rousseau or whatever it was, I roll my eyes. I highly doubt that anything Bruce Smith (who hasn't played in the league since 2003) is gonna tell Greg Rousseau is gonna give him an edge he wouldn't get from all the coaching and words from his current teammates. I mean maybe Bruce could tell him about his experience playing against Tom Brady (yes Bruce actually played against him in '03, incredible!), but that's about it.

I don't mean to be a dick, but c'mon. The '90s Bills were great, but they never topped the mountain, and I want more from this team. So when I heard announcers saying Allen may be the next Kelly, gag me. Never seen two such different QBs. Except maybe in the toughness department.

Edited by Jim
  • Vomit 7
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Sad 2
  • Disagree 14
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, Jim said:

Happy Jim is doing well. He's been a great spokesman for the Bills and the city of Buffalo...

But it's time for him to remove himself from the stage. Him, Bruce, Thurman, all of them. Tasker doesn't count as he's actually working and doing a job that involves the team. 

But anyways, when I think about Bruce sending a note to Rousseau or whatever it was, I roll my eyes. I highly doubt that anything Bruce Smith (who hasn't played in the league since 2003) is gonna tell Greg Rousseau is gonna give him an edge he wouldn't get from all the coaching and words from his current teammates. I mean maybe Bruce could tell him about his experience playing against Tom Brady (yes Bruce actually played against him in '03, incredible!), but that's about it.

I don't mean to be a dick, but c'mon. The '90s Bills were great, but they never topped the mountain, and I want more from this team. So when I heard announcers saying Allen may be the next Kelly, gag me. Never seen two such different QBs. Except maybe in the toughness department.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Jim said:

I mean sure what could Bruce Smith arguably the greatest ever to play the position have to teach the rookie.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean sure what could Bruce Smith arguably the greatest ever to play the position have to teach the rookie.

Yeah Bruce is the greatest. But this is a different game. Maybe I'm wrong and a long retired player could impart a lot of wisdom as far as what's going on when the young guy is on the field. But I'm skeptical. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 3

29 minutes ago, Jim said:

Happy Jim is doing well. He's been a great spokesman for the Bills and the city of Buffalo...(...)

I don't mean to be a dick

shoulda stopped right there

I mean c'mon.

I don't know where Buffalo Fanatics got that photo.  Josh's girlfriend posted a couple photos yesterday that I wondered if they were at Kelly's hunting lodge, so now this looks like "yep, that's where they were".  If Jim wants to autograph a football for Josh and take a photo, what's the big deal exactly?  It's not like he staged a ceremony at the stadium or on the steps of city hall or something.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Jim said:

Yeah Bruce is the greatest. But this is a different game. Maybe I'm wrong and a long retired player could impart a lot of wisdom as far as what's going on when the young guy is on the field. But I'm skeptical. 

You must not have watched Bruce much, or paid attention to his preparation, fitness and productivity season after season, to think he would have nothing to teach anyone who wanted to play pro sports. He's also extremely intelligent. (And, oh yeah, the NFL all time leader in sacks.)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Augie said:

I remember being with my older sister and fearing we would run out of gas in her Fiat. Her first car. We found a quarter on the floor that got us another gallon and about 30 miles. 

Times change, for sure! 

You sound like Chandler 👨‍🦳. Back in my day, huh huh huh.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Kelly passed the torch a quarter century ago to Todd Collins. How’d that work out?

Read the note written on the football. Then contact Jim Kelly directly and treat him to this insight. 

7 hours ago, Jim said:

History will always be relevant. Sure Bruce can't relate to today's game, but how you carry yourself as a pro hasn't changed. 

Cherish older people who came before you, times are different but very similar. Perspective is amazing when it spans decades.

That's for all of life btw, not just football. 

• Like (+1) 7