Falcons trading Julio Jones to Titans

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

People talk about the Bills like they are destined for the SB… they could absolutely lose to a few AFC teams in the playoffs. The conference is stacked. The Titans, Chiefs, Browns can all be better/beat the Bills next season…. Not saying the Bills can’t beat them either but I think it’s all pretty close between the Titans, Bills, and Browns. Chiefs are still in another tier, IMO.

Name one person who is acting like the Bills are destined for the SB. Just one. One person who doesn't think the Chiefs are the biggest hurdle to overcome, but that we are just a shoo-in. Can you?

56 minutes ago, eball said:

“People” - no, certain Bills fans on a message board. Go figure. You’re so hell bent on tempering excitement you can’t help yourself. 

The Chiefs aren’t in “another tier” - they’re the back-to-back defending AFC champs but tell me, how many teams have done it three times in a row? Look at Gunner’s breakdown of their off-season. If that was the Bills you’d be predicting a 9-8 season. 

We all know the Browns are your new Jets (you were so right on that one) and we all know you’re still sore the Bills didn’t roll with Whaley’s roster when McD took over. You’ve been proven wrong so many times over the past four seasons I’ve lost count.

Youre the guy standing in the corner waiting for a mistake to say “I told you so” and I know you’ve got a list and you’re ready to pounce - Lotulelei, Edmunds, you name it.  Weird way to live your life and follow a team. 

If only the Bills had tendered Mike Gillislee…where we could be…

I get the vitriol towards Scott, we’ve had our fair share of back and forth but I agree with the premise of what he’s saying.  There’s a LOT of fans that think we are in a class above every team that didn’t make the AFCCG as if they are peasant teams and don’t stand a chance...... after one season of great success.  A season which was unlike any in league history, during a pandemic with no fans.  Things have turned around and we’ll be competitive as long as we have 17.....but there are other teams that are improving as well.  Teams that match up well against us. We should be very wary of them. The cockiness and lack of respect towards the other teams is immature and definitely urges me to throw some cold water on their face and tell it like it is.  We’re good, but we haven’t accomplished Jack.  

i get where you’re coming from regarding his past, but I’m sure you can see his side in this situation

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Tannehill is mediocre without Henry. Look what the Ravens did to the Titans when they took King Henry out of the equation. Tannehill goes 18/26 for 165. Good move to get Julio because Tannehill does not have the talent to carry his team when the run game isn't there to make his life easy. Tannehill= Game Manager. JA put up MVP numbers with no run game and at times a sputtering defense. Julio if healthy could be the missing piece for them.  Him, AJ and Henry is quite the trio.

Yeah it's going to be hard to stack the box with AJ and Julio out there.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, thurst44 said:

Sorry, but that Bills-Titans game last year has a big ol' asterisk next to it, and I think you know that. The Titans had an astounding 16-day rest while the Bills had to practice for both Titans and Chiefs, not knowing which team they were playing. And if you're gonna say, well, the Titans had a lot of players out with COVID, we also had Tre White and Matt Milano out and Tremaine playing with one arm for all intents and purposes. Yes, they won, but it says nothing about whether they were better than us. Were the Jets better than the Browns last year--the Browns lost under normal circumstances with the playoffs still on the line. I'm impatient for the Titans rematch this year, b/c I could see it being a revenge game. 

The Browns lost their top 5 WRs 2 days before the game due to COVID and weren't even allowed to practice. Hardly "normal" circumstances. 

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

I get the vitriol towards Scott, we’ve had our fair share of back and forth but I agree with the premise of what he’s saying.  There’s a LOT of fans that think we are in a class above every team that didn’t make the AFCCG as if they are peasant teams and don’t stand a chance...... after one season of great success.  A season which was unlike any in league history, during a pandemic with no fans.  Things have turned around and we’ll be competitive as long as we have 17.....but there are other teams that are improving as well.  Teams that match up well against us. We should be very wary of them. The cockiness and lack of respect towards the other teams is immature and definitely urges me to throw some cold water on their face and tell it like it is.  We’re good, but we haven’t accomplished Jack.  

i get where you’re coming from regarding his past, but I’m sure you can see his side in this situation

First of all, I’m not one of the fans you mention - I think you know that.  But the Bills are not a one-year wonder.  They’ve been built, systematically, with a plan, and right now is when they are coming into their heyday.  Are there other good teams?  Of course, but the Bills are likely to be favored in anywhere from 13 to 15 of their 17 games this season.  They are in the same “tier” as KC, they just need to get over the hump.  The Titans improved their team acquiring Julio but they have more flaws than Buffalo.  Cleveland has a talented roster but some question marks on D and a QB who is beneath the level of the best in the game.  Plus, Buffalo got better this offseason.

It’s actually OK to acknowledge the Bills are a top-5 NFL team right now - a legitimate Super Bowl contender - and not apologize for it.  That doesn’t mean you’re “dissing” anyone else in the league or predicting blowout wins each week.

• Thank you (+1) 3

18 hours ago, Process said:

Ten will likely have one of the worst defenses in the league. Not good for January ball. I am not concerned, at all. 

Our defense isn’t been too great either. I don’t no about y’all but I was glad to play one dimensional ravens last year instead of the Titans in playoffs. 

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Huh? The Chiefs got immensely better upfront and wiped the floor with the Bills(a team that went 13-3 and was the 2nd best team in the conference)twice last season. 

They are absolutely in another tier for now. 

I expect the Bills to win between 11 and 13 games. 

I picked them to win the division last year…. 

You know that you are not allowed to talk good about other teams. 

This moves makes the Titans a legit dual threat team.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Tennessee in the top tier teams this year.

They are going to have a dynamic offense. 

2 hours ago, eball said:

It’s actually OK to acknowledge the Bills are a top-5 NFL team right now - a legitimate Super Bowl contender - and not apologize for it.  That doesn’t mean you’re “dissing” anyone else in the league or predicting blowout wins each week.

Holy crap YES. This, times a billion! Our team has made the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 years while cultivating what looks to be an elite option at QB. That finally happens, Bills fans have every right to be confident, and now the same ole “realists” have to tell us how cocky we’re being. 

This team has reached a point where we should honestly expect to win most games they go into and and new era is in here ticked off about it, as if we should be running to the panic button over the Titans picking up Julio. Sorry not having it. They could very well still beat buffalo at home on Monday night(they’re solid squad and those things will happen) and I’ll still put money on our squad accumulating more wins by the end of the season(just like last season) and going further(just like last season). 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Process said:

No it really doesn't. Julio is a beast and I would have loved to see the Bills get him but people will overreact to him going to the Titans.

Top tier is still the same.. KC Buf Cle and maybe Bal. 

All this does is give the Titans a better chance to win their division and moves them into the second tier with Ind, LA, NE, Mia.

Really! Look what the Titans did to the Bills last year. it wasn't even close. This will make them more dangerous in the playoffs, but at least they are not in our division, but we have to play them during the year which will make that matchup even tougher for us.

18 minutes ago, DE Bills Fan said:

Really! Look what the Titans did to the Bills last year. it wasn't even close. This will make them more dangerous in the playoffs, but at least they are not in our division, but we have to play them during the year which will make that matchup even tougher for us.

Titans had a big factor last year.  Game was constantly rescheduled for Bills while league gave them time to get healthy while players violated rules practicing off facility.  Facility was deemed dangerous and I am sure this was on mind of Bills players. The league should have told them they needed to play in alternate stadium with whomever they had who passed protocols and been done with it.

And Julio may not even be healthy - availability is more important attribute for players.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:

You know that you are not allowed to talk good about other teams. 

This moves makes the Titans a legit dual threat team.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Tennessee in the top tier teams this year.

They are going to have a dynamic offense. 

You might want to look at the rest of the Titans roster as it does not run deep. They have a solid o-line. There is practically zero at the skill positions behind those guys. Their secondary looks like it could be absolute trash save for Kevin Byard. 

3 minutes ago, DE Bills Fan said:

Really! You really are going to act like there was NOTHING weird about that game, like it wasn't an anomaly. It's also weird that no one seems to get that they lost a ton of players on defense. The defense could turn out to be very good again. Autry is a solid pickup. It's hard to tell if Dupree was part of a system. Jeffrey Simmons has done well for them so far. Landry, Evans, and Brown are good young players. 

The Titans could be a contender, but I don't get why people are going so far out of their way to prop up a team that played worse than us last year, did not get as far in the playoffs, and have less talent and depth no matter how you slice it because of one game where we all know there were very weird mitigating factors--besides the fact of any given Sunday. Again, by your logic, the Jets are better than the Browns b/c they beat the Browns when the latter could still lose their playoff spot.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, NewEra said:

Naaaa I just think Scott laws irritating

4 hours ago, eball said:

First of all, I’m not one of the fans you mention - I think you know that.  But the Bills are not a one-year wonder.  They’ve been built, systematically, with a plan, and right now is when they are coming into their heyday.  Are there other good teams?  Of course, but the Bills are likely to be favored in anywhere from 13 to 15 of their 17 games this season.  They are in the same “tier” as KC, they just need to get over the hump.  The Titans improved their team acquiring Julio but they have more flaws than Buffalo.  Cleveland has a talented roster but some question marks on D and a QB who is beneath the level of the best in the game.  Plus, Buffalo got better this offseason.

Glad you know I wasn’t calling you one of those fans.  I was not.  I was just saying that I can see where Scott is coming from.  

as of now, we’ve had one year of true success.  We won’t end up as a one year wonder and I expect at least a decade of being a SB contender.....but some fans are acting as if the only team we have to worry about is the chiefs.  The afc is a beast and we have to worry about several teams.

regarding the rest, I agree and have stated as much......while also being able to say, the titans and browns aren’t far behind and could be equal to us as this season unfolds.  The ravens, chargers, colts and even steelers can beat us on any given day.  We may be in the chiefs tier, but they are clearly the better team based on the only thing we can truly measure it with. Games played.  

18 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Glad you know I wasn’t calling you one of those fans.  I was not.  I was just saying that I can see where Scott is coming from.  

as of now, we’ve had one year of true success.  We won’t end up as a one year wonder and I expect at least a decade of being a SB contender.....but some fans are acting as if the only team we have to worry about is the chiefs.  The afc is a beast and we have to worry about several teams.

regarding the rest, I agree and have stated as much......while also being able to say, the titans and browns aren’t far behind and could be equal to us as this season unfolds.  The ravens, chargers, colts and even steelers can beat us on any given day.  We may be in the chiefs tier, but they are clearly the better team based on the only thing we can truly measure it with. Games played.  

Re: not being a one year wonder, I have so much confidence that this organization will not “waste” having Josh Allen or take it for granted; Beane and McD will continue trying to improve the roster. One could argue that the Packers have wasted Aaron Rodgers for much of his career. Miami wasted Marino, and until Shanahan arrived Denver wasted Elway.

I am extremely interested to see how KC looks this year. I’m not predicting a collapse or anything but that OL is a work in progress and I see potential holes on D. 

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Huh? The Chiefs got immensely better upfront and wiped the floor with the Bills(a team that went 13-3 and was the 2nd best team in the conference)twice last season. 

They are absolutely in another tier for now. 

I expect the Bills to win between 11 and 13 games. 

I picked them to win the division last year…. 

Please comment on the other changes on the Chiefs if you wish to go there (defensive gains and losses).  Thanks.

The Chiefs revamped their OL.  It had to be done.  On paper, it looks much improved, but it remains to be seen how it will play out in games.  Remember when "on paper the Bills had the best DL in the league" after we signed Mario Williams?  I'm sure you do.  Same thing applies - football games are played on turf and grass on Sunday, not on paper in June.

12 minutes ago, eball said:

Re: not being a one year wonder, I have so much confidence that this organization will not “waste” having Josh Allen or take it for granted; Beane and McD will continue trying to improve the roster. One could argue that the Packers have wasted Aaron Rodgers for much of his career. Miami wasted Marino, and until Shanahan arrived Denver wasted Elway.

I am extremely interested to see how KC looks this year. I’m not predicting a collapse or anything but that OL is a work in progress and I see potential holes on D. 

As of now, we’ve been great for one year. I’m not saying that we will flame out.  I predict 10+ years of being a SB contender.

our OL is a work in progress and I see potential holes in our d. Same can be said for every team.  The chiefs destroyed us last year.  

I would agree that the packers wasted rodgers (though they still have a chance to redeem) and Miami absolutely wasted Marino’s career. 

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Please comment on the other changes on the Chiefs if you wish to go there (defensive gains and losses).  Thanks.

The Chiefs revamped their OL.  It had to be done.  On paper, it looks much improved, but it remains to be seen how it will play out in games.  Remember when "on paper the Bills had the best DL in the league" after we signed Mario Williams?  I'm sure you do.  Same thing applies - football games are played on turf and grass on Sunday, not on paper in June.

SO wait it needs to be played out on in games for KC, but the Bills got Immensely better because they replaced Brown with Sanders and drafted a bunch on the D-line without playing a snap

It cant work both ways.

Acting like there is no worry for the Bills is extremely short sided.

One great season and its already gone to everyone's head. 

buffalo could very well take a step back this year.

Cleveland, Tennessee, Baltimore are all toss up opponents currently.

I'm very intrigued with Indy as well if they can get Wentz back to form.