Falcons trading Julio Jones to Titans

29 minutes ago, RussellDopeland said:

Titans are still not winning anything with that QB. Tannehill is a poor man's Kirk Cousins- in other words, pedestrian (at best). The days of winning Super Bowls with Defense, a strong running game, but with mediocrities at QB (like Hostetler, Dilfer or Brad Johnson) are over. If the Titans want to win a championship, they'd better make Green Bay an offer they can't refuse for Rogers.

Yikes. I think youre way off on Tannehill

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Yikes. I think youre way off on Tannehill

Tannehill is better than cousins but he’s not as good as Matt Ryan IMO. I also think it’s a bit premature to assume tannehill will look the same without Arthur smith. He’s the only OC to make him look good IMO 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Adoree Jackson played in 3 games last year.  Butler was an above average CB

they signed Janoris Jenkins, who played great last season and drafted Caleb Farley. They might have better corners this year.

julio > Corey davis. 

I didn’t think we were going after him.....but I feel that our offense would be close to unstoppable and we’d be the favorites if we made the move.  

Tannehill is nothing like cousins.  

Good points new era.  As someone else said, look on the bright side, he’s not on the Patriots.  Then again they don’t have a proven QB.

If one of the Colts or Titans doesn't make the playoffs I honestly couldn't care less.  

If they both get in, we really better win the division I don't think 2 AFC East teams are getting in.

But I do think the Colts and Titans will make it.  

And I do think we will win the division.

And the other 2 wild card teams will be the Chargers and Ravens with the Dolphins and Patriots right there with them.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Tannehill is better than cousins but he’s not as good as Matt Ryan IMO. I also think it’s a bit premature to assume tannehill will look the sand without Arthur smith. He’s the only OC to make him look good IMO 

All things equal, I'd rather have Cousins.  Especially in the post-season.

• Disagree 1

29 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The Chiefs took advantage of the fact that we only had WRs to throw the ball to, especially in the 2nd game with all our WRs injured. Also for some reason they confused our o-line and Allen more than anyone else last year. Scheme changes and adding another element to the offense (RB or TE production) are going to be way more important than adding a 32 year old receiver with an extensive injury history. It would also help if our defense could slow them down just a bit in the 2nd half. If our plan to beat the Chiefs is winning a shootout, that's a losing proposition. You beat the Chiefs with 1000 cuts, which again I strongly believe Ertz would help us do more than Jones at this stage.

Yeah, I’m sure Julio wouldn’t help us. 🙄

we can make scheme changes, add a minimum salary rb AND acquire more talent for the passing game.  It’s completely possible.  Sure, it would help if our D was better.....we used our first 2 picks to address the pass rush.  

you beat the chiefs by outscoring them.  They’re going to score 30ish points.  In two meeting vs them we scored 24 and 17 and our offense struggled mightily.  Their OL won’t be what it was last year in the SB.  It will be much better.  That’s the reason they lost the Sb.  Their oL, starting 4 backups, dominated our pass rush in both meetings last season.  They greatly improved their OL this offseason on paper.....and it will absolutely be better than the patchwork OL they fielded in the playoffs. 

The chiefs coaches took McD and Co to the woodshed in both meetings.  I’m not sure why we should expect that to change at this point.  I feel that we should’ve attempted to move the needle on our talent level while allen is on his rookie deal.  Building long term, I understand, but a teams best opportunity to win the SB is prior to paying their elite QB.  I was hoping that we would’ve try and take advantage of that fact.  A 2nd and 4th rd pick isn’t an overpay for an all time great with juice in the tank.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Process said:

No it really doesn't. Julio is a beast and I would have loved to see the Bills get him but people will overreact to him going to the Titans.

Top tier is still the same.. KC Buf Cle and maybe Bal. 

All this does is give the Titans a better chance to win their division and moves them into the second tier with Ind, LA, NE, Mia.

The Titans did rag doll us last year and is one of those teams that gives us problems due to their physicality.

ALso the colts came real close to beating us in the playoffs ,if Wentz regains his form then they will be contenders as well.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Somebody jealous or is that to Atlanta for giving them a good player??

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

This is ridiculous.  They added one of the best WRs in league history who is still playing at a very high level. Julio instantly makes Henry a better RB.  Who’s to say that they are going to run less?  Ever see Julio Jones as a motivated run blocker?  That’s not why they traded for him, but it’s just another reason why he’s such a great acquisition.  He makes them better in every aspect.  They lost their best outside WR and replaced him with one of the best ever.  We should hope he gets hurt prior to our meeting with them.  

all this talk about them not being a top tier team is nonsense (not your post, but the rest of the thread).  They handed us our worst regular season beating of the year last season.....and Henry did little to nothing.  They are absolutely a threat to us.  People should to wake up and realize that 13-3 and making the AFCCG in 2020 doesn’t mean Jack.  The titans made the AFCCG in 2019.....and smashed us in 2020.

Probably a playoff team.

But that D.....:sick: 

12 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Good points new era.  As someone else said, look on the bright side, he’s not on the Patriots.  Then again they don’t have a proven QB.

Yeah, the qb situation in NE doesn’t scare me too much.  I think they’ll be much improved, but I still think we win the division if they add Julio.  

The titans will be in the playoffs and are a possible opponent.  I’m glad the chiefs didn’t get him.  I think the titans are the next worst landing spot for him as a bills fan.  

1 minute ago, inaugural balls said:

Probably a playoff team.

But that D.....:sick: 

that d that held us to 16 points.....

• Agree 1

Titans are still the exact same team. Not totally a bad thing they’re a good team. But it’s still the same. Stop Henry, Tannehill cannot carry a game without henry dominating. I’m not sure how many of us watch Tennessee games or just see highlights, cause Tannehill is still a mediocre quarterback. However when Henry has it going EVERYTHING is wide open. Read options where Tannehill gets wonderful runs untouched as the entire defense sells out to stop Henry. Of course we know the play action success. At the end of the day though they are just like Baltimore, stop the run, get a lead and they cannot play from behind. They are a scrappy team and I don’t hate them as much as some, I like what they’ve built minus Tannehill, I have never been impressed with his game. 

Edited by Rc2catch
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

The good teams crest cap room by restructuring.....we have contracts that can be restructured.  We paid Diggs his salary in cash and eliminated the majority of his hit. We can do the same with several players.

it’ll be unfortunate if the titans beat us in the playoffs.  

It would suck if any team did.

Jones doesn't tip the scales. They're down my list of teams i'd be concerned with.  They're good. We're better. No matter what beating they put on us last year.  

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah, the qb situation in NE doesn’t scare me too much.  I think they’ll be much improved, but I still think we win the division if they add Julio.  

The titans will be in the playoffs and are a possible opponent.  I’m glad the chiefs didn’t get him.  I think the titans are the next worst landing spot for him as a bills fan.  

that d that held us to 16 points.....

You expect the same?

Their D blows. Come on.

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

A 2nd and 4th rd pick isn’t an overpay for an all time great with juice in the tank

A 2nd and 4th round pick plus cap space that we don't have... By the same logic the Chiefs should have traded for Julio Jones too. But they also can't afford it. I think getting Ertz will be a lot more helpful than you might think. Give Allen a TE that he can trust and he will be more willing to take the easy yards. Hopefully Breida gives us a new element in the run game. Other than that there isn't much room for talent improvement on the offense. The coaches and players simply have to do better against the Chiefs. They don't have an elite defense, there's no real reason for our offense to stumble against them.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Process said:

This is absurd lol

Why - is much older Julio Jones a significant improvement on Davis who they let walk.  Maybe slightly, but now they have a wr that they will feel the need to feed the ball - especially with a new OC.

I look at it as the best player on that team by far is Henry and you are now taking handoffs and gameplans and shifting them to Tannehill and that is the 8 -10 best player on the team.

Julio Jones is good, but Tannehill is not as good as Matt Ryan and you are potentially changing the entire dynamic of the offense from a grind it out - smack you in the face offense to an offense that features WRs with a very average QB.

33 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Tannehill is better than cousins but he’s not as good as Matt Ryan IMO. I also think it’s a bit premature to assume tannehill will look the same without Arthur smith. He’s the only OC to make him look good IMO 

Excellent point re: AS