Falcons trading Julio Jones to Titans

10 minutes ago, McBean said:

I would’ve sent ATL a 2nd for Julio in a fuggin heartbeat to be paired alongside Diggs.

And what starter would you cut to pay for him?

• Like (+1) 2

Titans will have the same problem we had last year, a bad defense that will get them into too many shootouts. Eventually that catches up with you. I get why they made the trade but it doesn't solve their biggest problem. For the same reason I had no interest in the Bills trading for him, as fun as it would have made our offense to watch.

53 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Anything that takes the ball out of Henry’s hands and puts it into Tannehill’s hands makes Tennessee a worse team.

I think this is like when Beckham plays in Cleveland and the offense is actually worse that when he is injured and out and they become a Running Back focused offense with play action to the remaining guys.

This is ridiculous.  They added one of the best WRs in league history who is still playing at a very high level. Julio instantly makes Henry a better RB.  Who’s to say that they are going to run less?  Ever see Julio Jones as a motivated run blocker?  That’s not why they traded for him, but it’s just another reason why he’s such a great acquisition.  He makes them better in every aspect.  They lost their best outside WR and replaced him with one of the best ever.  We should hope he gets hurt prior to our meeting with them.  

all this talk about them not being a top tier team is nonsense (not your post, but the rest of the thread).  They handed us our worst regular season beating of the year last season.....and Henry did little to nothing.  They are absolutely a threat to us.  People should to wake up and realize that 13-3 and making the AFCCG in 2020 doesn’t mean Jack.  The titans made the AFCCG in 2019.....and smashed us in 2020.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

Only because they lost both starting corners and two offensive weapons is the primary reason I’m not that concerned.  

he may help them to a degree, but losing a 26 Yr. old WR to get a 32 yr. old WR is a head scratcher.

we’ll see.  You guys didn’t really think we were going after him did you?  That was silly we didn’t have the cap even with the restructure of white, and besides House says we’re getting Ertz. 😜🙏👍🏋️♂️🤪

12 minutes ago, MJS said:

And what starter would you cut to pay for him?

The good teams crest cap room by restructuring.....we have contracts that can be restructured.  We paid Diggs his salary in cash and eliminated the majority of his hit. We can do the same with several players.

it’ll be unfortunate if the titans beat us in the playoffs.  

Titans are still not winning anything with that QB. Tannehill is a poor man's Kirk Cousins- in other words, pedestrian (at best). The days of winning Super Bowls with Defense, a strong running game, but with mediocrities at QB (like Hostetler, Dilfer or Brad Johnson) are over. If the Titans want to win a championship, they'd better make Green Bay an offer they can't refuse for Rogers.

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Only because they lost both starting corners and two offensive weapons is the primary reason I’m not that concerned.  

he may help them to a degree, but losing a 26 Yr. old WR to get a 32 yr. old WR is a head scratcher.

we’ll see.  You guys didn’t really think we were going after him did you?  That was silly we didn’t have the cap even with the restructure of white, and besides House says we’re getting Ertz. 😜🙏👍🏋️♂️🤪

Adoree Jackson played in 3 games last year.  Butler was an above average CB

they signed Janoris Jenkins, who played great last season and drafted Caleb Farley. They might have better corners this year.

julio > Corey davis. 

I didn’t think we were going after him.....but I feel that our offense would be close to unstoppable and we’d be the favorites if we made the move.  

1 minute ago, RussellDopeland said:

Titans are still not winning anything with that QB. Tannehill is a poor man's Kirk Cousins- in other words, pedestrian (at best). The days of winning Super Bowls with Defense, a strong running game, but with mediocrities at QB (like Hostetler, Dilfer or Brad Johnson) are over. If the Titans want to win a championship, they'd better make Green Bay an offer they can't refuse for Rogers.

Tannehill is nothing like cousins.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

I think there may be a "helping the Patriots" tax that made the deal tougher for him.

Business is business but I think Arthur Blank would have a tough time signing off after the 283 diamonds in the Patriots Super Bowl rings.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I didn’t think we were going after him.....but I feel that our offense would be close to unstoppable and we’d be the favorites if we made the move.  

Our WR passing offense last year was already elite. It would be hard to move the needle any more. I'm much more in favor of trading for Ertz because he actually replaces a weak point on the team.

I kind of feel the same way about the move for the Titans. They already had good WR production last year. Obviously Jones is still an upgrade there, it's just hard to improve on something you're already good at. They didn't lose games last year because their WRs weren't good enough. The weaknesses that lost them games are still weaknesses.

• Agree 2

Good move for the Titans but I don’t see it moving the needle too much for them. Yes they needed WR help and they got it big time but they still have an eroding Oline and their defense is aging a bit. Mainly I just don’t really believe in Tanny as their QB. It just seems like a good move but for a team that just doesn’t have the QB needed to get them beyond being a very good team.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Our WR passing offense last year was already elite. It would be hard to move the needle any more. I'm much more in favor of trading for Ertz because he actually replaces a weak point on the team.

I kind of feel the same way about the move for the Titans. They already had good WR production last year. Obviously Jones is still an upgrade there, it's just hard to improve on something you're already good at. They didn't lose games last year because their WRs weren't good enough. The weaknesses that lost them games are still weaknesses.

Yeah, it was great vs the chiefs in both games.

the titans lost Corey Davis.....so they went from losing one of their top targets to replacing him with a better target. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillies said:

They should have just re-signed Corey Davis (26) instead of picking up Julio (32). They're basically the same player right now. The $ is probably about the same too.

They might get a compensation pick for loss of Davis/Smith.

In terms of salary 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/corey-davis-21746/

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tennessee-titans/julio-jones-7721/

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah, it was great vs the chiefs in both games.

The Chiefs took advantage of the fact that we only had WRs to throw the ball to, especially in the 2nd game with all our WRs injured. Also for some reason they confused our o-line and Allen more than anyone else last year. Scheme changes and adding another element to the offense (RB or TE production) are going to be way more important than adding a 32 year old receiver with an extensive injury history. It would also help if our defense could slow them down just a bit in the 2nd half. If our plan to beat the Chiefs is winning a shootout, that's a losing proposition. You beat the Chiefs with 1000 cuts, which again I strongly believe Ertz would help us do more than Jones at this stage.