Is Chandler Jones available on the NFL's black-market?

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

Because you didn’t think Jones was elite in 18 and 19.  He was. For sure

Every one of my comments has mentioned his cost, the fact that I thought it was 2017 and 2018 and forgot it was 2019 also really doesn't make your point that I don't know the NFL. Or are you of the mindset that knowing everyone's stats for every year they have ever played is a requirement to be a NFL fan? 

I also want to add I never once insinuated he was not elite. I said I would have paid him an elite contract in 2017 but not now.

Edited by Buffalo Timmy
I am adding info

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

Yeah we don’t.....that has nothing to do with my comment.  Thanks though.  

I read your comments to mean that if CJ were a free agent, you would (and thus anyone should) be fine paying him $15M for 2021...because he was elite prior to 2020.  Did I get that wrong?

3 hours ago, Doc said:

I read your comments to mean that if CJ were a free agent, you would (and thus anyone should) be fine paying him $15M for 2021...because he was elite prior to 2020.  Did I get that wrong?

I would absolutely be fine paying him 15m for the 2021 season.  

I was replying to a guy that said Jones hasn’t been elite since 2017.  Jones has been elite for almost his entire career.....and then got hurt last year......and now he’s not elite?  One injury, a year after he had NINETEEN sacks.  

I don’t know if he will be great after the injury, but his career suggests to me that he will.  I don’t claim to have a crystal ball, just eyes.  Watching Chandler Jones play for all these years, I think he’d be worth 15M to the 2021 buffalo bills.  trey Hendrickson and Carl lawson got 15M long term.  Jones is superior to both players.  15M for one year before allen gets paid?  Sign me up.

you said “he done”.  19 sacks then an injury and “he’s done”.  Lol

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Every one of my comments has mentioned his cost, the fact that I thought it was 2017 and 2018 and forgot it was 2019 also really doesn't make your point that I don't know the NFL. Or are you of the mindset that knowing everyone's stats for every year they have ever played is a requirement to be a NFL fan? 

I also want to add I never once insinuated he was not elite. I said I would have paid him an elite contract in 2017 but not now.

My apologies.  I shouldn’t have said that you don’t know football.  

chandler Jones was worth the money in the beginning of the 2020 season.  If he were a free agent prior to that season, he would’ve received more than 15M imo.  Then he suffered and injury.....and now he’s not even worth 15M on a one year contract?  He could be the difference maker for this Bills team.  

agree to disagree. 

52 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I would absolutely be fine paying him 15m for the 2021 season.  

I was replying to a guy that said Jones hasn’t been elite since 2017.  Jones has been elite for almost his entire career.....and then got hurt last year......and now he’s not elite?  One injury, a year after he had NINETEEN sacks.  

I don’t know if he will be great after the injury, but his career suggests to me that he will.  I don’t claim to have a crystal ball, just eyes.  Watching Chandler Jones play for all these years, I think he’d be worth 15M to the 2021 buffalo bills.  trey Hendrickson and Carl lawson got 15M long term.  Jones is superior to both players.  15M for one year before allen gets paid?  Sign me up.

you said “he done”.  19 sacks then an injury and “he’s done”.  Lol

Again, it was and is more than just the injury.  And I wouldn’t be surprised if the Cardinals approached him about a paycut, which prompted him to delete all references to them on his social media. It also wouldn’t surprise me if they’re currently trying to trade him and finding no takers. 

Edited by Doc

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

Again, it was and is more than just the injury.  And I wouldn’t be surprised if the Cardinals approached him about a paycut, which prompted him to delete all references to them on his social media. It also wouldn’t surprise me if they’re currently trying to trade him and finding no takers. 

To each their own

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

My apologies.  I shouldn’t have said that you don’t know football.  

chandler Jones was worth the money in the beginning of the 2020 season.  If he were a free agent prior to that season, he would’ve received more than 15M imo.  Then he suffered and injury.....and now he’s not even worth 15M on a one year contract?  He could be the difference maker for this Bills team.  

agree to disagree. 

No apologies allowed here mister!!😁

• Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

If he is out, maybe Mack?

Addison took a pay cut to stay along Hughes. We signed Obada. We drafted Rousseau in the 1st. We drafted Basham in the 2nd. We drafted Epenesa last year with our top pick. We need a ton of cap space for Josh and Tremaine. We'll need our top picks next year to replenish players we'll probably let go just to make that happen.

We aren't making any more moves at DE. Especially not one that would cost the amount of cap and draft picks like Mack. The position has been addressed. Heavily. As it is, we may have to cut Obada bc we have 5 keepers in Hughes, Addison, Rousseau, Basham, and Epenesa. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19

On 6/7/2021 at 9:06 PM, BillsFanForever19 said:

Addison took a pay cut to stay along Hughes. We signed Obada. We drafted Rousseau in the 1st. We drafted Basham in the 2nd. We drafted Epenesa last year with our top pick. We need a ton of cap space for Josh and Tremaine. We'll need our top picks next year to replenish players we'll probably let go just to make that happen.

We aren't making any more moves at DE. Especially not one that would cost the amount of cap and draft picks like Mack. The position has been addressed. Heavily. As it is, we may have to cut Obada bc we have 5 keepers in Hughes, Addison, Rousseau, Basham, and Epenesa. 

You are not wrong. That said I hate the idea of cutting Obada to make room for Addison! 

• Agree 2

On 6/4/2021 at 7:35 PM, BillsFanForever19 said:

We just drafted a 1st Round Defensive End and a 2nd Round Defensive End in conjunction with a 2nd Rounder spent on a Defensive End last year. Now you want to send a future 1st for ANOTHER Defensive End, who's also 31 years old? Hard pass. We're closed for business on Defensive End moves for 2021.

The team beat around the bush for 5 years trying one thing after to make a number one receiver appear.  A first round pick trade up. A second rounder. Another second rounder. Free agent after free agent. A trade for a former one. Finally they went out and paid the appropriate value for the real thing. 

• Disagree 1

12 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

The team beat around the bush for 5 years trying one thing after to make a number one receiver appear.  A first round pick trade up. A second rounder. Another second rounder. Free agent after free agent. A trade for a former one. Finally they went out and paid the appropriate value for the real thing. 

You can not agree with how he addressed the position. But it's completely asinine to disregard that the moves have already been made and the roster spots have already been filled. Rousseau, Basham, and Epenesa are here and they aren't going anywhere. Addison took a pay cut to stay and Beane says he isn't going anywhere. 

We need a ton of cap space for Josh and Tremaine. And we need the draft picks to replenish the players we'll already need to release next season to make that happen. The last thing they can afford to do is trade and sign a premier pass rusher this season. That's why Rousseau and Basham were drafted in the first place. Like it or not, get used to the opening day depth chart for Defensive End being made up of guys already on the roster for this season.

Edited by BillsFanForever19