Pet Peeves (Part Tres)

BringBackFergy

We used to have fences for home runs. If the ball ended up on the other side of the fence it was a home run. Pretty simple really. Now we have walls with home run lines and more stadiums where fans can interfere. As a result, all too often we need an instant replay review to determine if it was a HR or not.  

52 minutes ago, Bob Lamb said:

That woman in front of you in the checkout line who has to find that penny for payment. Purse diving 201.

Or the one who pays by check and doesn't even reach for the checkbook and start writing anything until the cashier gives the total.

• Like (+1) 2

Name droppers: “Hey Fergy, I met this great guy who you should hang with some time. He’s pretty cool and super intelligent”. Uhhh, yeah, I know him and he’s not that bright. Or “I had drinks with (insert name of self proclaimed famous/cool/affluent person)”. Great, I don’t like most people, and he’s on that list. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ICanSleepWhenI'mDead said:

Websites that require you to disable your ad blocker to see their content - - not happening.

Or all websites now requiring you to accept or not accept them giving you cookies. Especially painful when using my cell phone. 

What’s the deal with these intellectual types who have a “Book Shelter” outside their house? They leave their books in there inviting people to take them for free and read. So it’s basically a “LAMR” (Look At Me Read) trap so you can be impressed with their catalog of books. F%#! that!! I’ll read what I want and donate my books to the library. 

On 6/7/2021 at 2:57 PM, Bob Lamb said:

That woman in front of you in the checkout line who has to find that penny for payment. Purse diving 201.

She pales before the individual who needs 12 debit card transactions by June 25th to earn interest on her checking account, and is buying 12 cans of cat food - each rung up as individual debit card transactions.  At 5:30 pm with a long line backing up.

• 3 weeks later...

Parking spots reserved in front of grocery stores for “Expectant Mothers”, “Employee of the Month”, “Veterans Who Didn’t Serve Overseas but Were Honorably Discharged”, “Women Whose Maiden Name Starts with “L”, etc.??? I’m cool with Handicapped parking, but everyone else needs to park and walk. All those spots are empty (I assume ladies whose maiden names don’t start with “L” are likewise pissed). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Parking spots reserved in front of grocery stores for “Expectant Mothers”, “Employee of the Month”, “Veterans Who Didn’t Serve Overseas but Were Honorably Discharged”, “Women Whose Maiden Name Starts with “L”, etc.??? I’m cool with Handicapped parking, but everyone else needs to park and walk. All those spots are empty (I assume ladies whose maiden names don’t start with “L” are likewise pissed). 

On a related note:

I can't stand the people who park right outside the grocery store entrance.  It's usually some white trash 'neck whose morbidly obese wife with a better beard than Josh Allen's just got done shopping.  Heaven for ***** bid she walks her ass to the 2003 Grand Caravan.  Nope.  After all, it is THEIR world, right?

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1. People who dress completely inappropriately for the weather, and then want the heating or air conditioning set to ridiculous levels so that they can be comfortable while everyone else suffers.

2. People who live in areas of extreme cold or extreme heat, and then complain about the extreme cold or extreme heat.

9 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

I park in those spots if I’m in a hurry.  There’s no law protecting parking spots reserved for anyone but the handicapped, so I view those designations as “suggestions” rather than limitations.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Gugny said:

On a related note:

I can't stand the people who park right outside the grocery store entrance.  It's usually some white trash 'neck whose morbidly obese wife with a better beard than Josh Allen's just got done shopping.  Heaven for ***** bid she walks her ass to the 2003 Grand Caravan.  Nope.  After all, it is THEIR world, right?

Josh Allen's beard is my pet peeve.  Common Joshy, shave that ***** if it's the best you can do.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/7/2021 at 1:57 PM, Bob Lamb said:

The Family in front who has to checkout separately because they have their own items in the same cart.

I thought I only had one in front of me... not four! They can't just have one person pay and settle the debt in the car?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.