Pet Peeves (Part Tres)

BringBackFergy

5 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Pet Peeve: I go to the beverage store, buy a 12 pack of IPA or some other beer and never check the packaging.  I pay for it, get home and there’s only 11 in the pack! Pisses me off. Happens frequently. 

People who can't count to 12 piss me off.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Beerball said:

WTF with all the friggin math around here?  Can't we have one thread for the common man without algebra ferchrissakes?

If a car left Hammers lot at 30 mph headed for the airport, how many miles would they go before somebody had to pee? 

Is that more your style of math? I know it is mine! 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

If a car left Hammers lot at 30 mph headed for the airport, how many miles would they go before somebody had to pee? 

Is that more your style of math? I know it is mine! 

2.6 miles.  Just far enough that you are on the highway with no place to easily pull over until you reach the airport exit. 

19 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

'Toons

20210605_123608_1.thumb.jpg.a64c1827ed188209a43cda73ecce896d.jpg

In the "grand scheme of things" the pleasure craft that peeve me the most:

#1: Sailboats... What is it with their personality? Always the victim, bicycles on water.  They can't stay put, motor in circles and feign they can't control the damn thing.

#2: 'Toons, pontoon boats... What's up with these.  Like a floating Honda Fit with a big deck for the masses. They're just funny looking.

#3: Bassboats, no common sense.  Finding fish at all cost and getting in the way is their sole purpose in life.  Like taking a car and parking it in the middle of I-94 during rush hour "because that's where the fish are!" SEE: #1, Sailboats without fishing rods.

Good 👉 point!

you left off wake boats— those are the bane of my existence.  Create a ton of wake and make it impossible for everyone else around them. 

12 hours ago, Beerball said:

WTF with all the friggin math around here?  Can't we have one thread for the common man without algebra ferchrissakes?

Now you ***** did it!

Expecially always pisses me off., expecially when it's some sonofabitch talking head.  There's no ***** X in the word.

Someone sounds like they could use an expresso.

• Angry 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

you left off wake boats— those are the bane of my existence.  Create a ton of wake and make it impossible for everyone else around them. 

What are those?  Google it right now!  Oh no! I BET THEY'RE COMING!

wake-boat.jpg

JC!  This will get someone killed or cause extensive shoreline, property, or occupational hazards,  damage!

@Miyagi-Do Karate You in the USCG?

My pet peeve is that when you go into supermarkets in poor neighborhoods, they have the condoms in a locked cabinet.

If anything, they should be handing out a free condom with every purchase. What do they want more poor people in their neighborhood that will come in and shoplift from them? If a person in a poor socio-economic situation has the foresight to keep a raincoat at the ready, let’s applaud them and not put roadblocks up in their pursuit of proper family planning.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

My pet peeve is that when you go into supermarkets in poor neighborhoods, they have the condoms in a locked cabinet.

If anything, they should be handing out a free condom with every purchase. What do they want more poor people in their neighborhood that will come in and shoplift from them? If a person in a poor socio-economic situation has the foresight to keep a raincoat at the ready, let’s applaud them and not put roadblocks up in their pursuit of proper family planning.

Or, like buying a lottery ticket or the days before Social Security... Have a ton of children and hope one "makes it out."  Then the kid supports the parent.

Do you want to deny them that "lottery ticket?" Gotta be in it to win it.  And poor people ain't just dying off. The parasitic system needs them.

😉😜

18 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

People that need to speak (usually negatively) about others in order to prop themselves up 

I think it’s best to just feel sorry for those types of people. They don’t hurt you at ALL, they just embarrass themselves. Embrace that truth and life gets better.  I promise. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

What are those?  Google it right now!  Oh no! I BET THEY'RE COMING!

wake-boat.jpg

JC!  This will get someone killed or cause extensive shoreline, property, or occupational hazards,  damage!

@Miyagi-Do Karate You in the USCG?

Not in coast guard.

We spend a lot of time on a smallish like— about 400 acres. The wake boats have really taken over, and it is a headache. If someone wants to kayak, sail, water ski, even jet ski— the wake boats really cause a headache. Maybe they have a less of an impact in a huge lake. But on a small lake!!— I am worried about the erosion and disturbance of the properties plus the pain in causes others on the water. 

• Agree 1

People who leave a tiny bit of food/drink so they don't have to clean or throw away the container.

Just this week the cereal box only had a couple spoonfulls left, the pizza box only had 1 slice, and the Chinese takeout only had vegetables left in the container...

...and what crazy person only eats HALF a hotdog bun?

When one particular person in my office places the lunch order. They always screw up something with mine.  And it's not like I'm asking for a lot, a simple sub with no lettuce and a diet soda.  Got my order today and it had extra lettuce and a plain soda.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.