Pet Peeves (Part Tres)

BringBackFergy

I had a “Pet Peeves” thread about 6 years ago, then JR in Pittsburgh had one a few years ago, but we need another (mostly because of @ExiledInIllinois)

**** Ok, these Sanitary Pads in the bottom of my grocery store steak packages piss me off. I want the damn blood in there. That’s flavor. So I unpackage the steak from the styrofoam pack and there’s a pad on the bottom drenched in blood. My appetite...gone. 

NOTE: Here comes Exiled talking about boaters, tie off lines and migratory birds who leave dung on his heated tower roof. 

• Haha (+1) 2

My pet peeve is - pet peeve threads. Every three years these threads show up at my front door like an unwelcome in-law. Then they disappear before making any positive contribution. And when you try to track them down - like I did a month ago using search when I had an awesome pet peeve that I have since forgotten - they're nowhere to be found. 

My other pet peeves are the search function on this site and my failing memory.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

My pet peeve is - pet peeve threads. Every three years these threads show up at my front door like an unwelcome in-law. Then they disappear before making any positive contribution. And when you try to track them down - like I did a month ago using search when I had an awesome pet peeve that I have since forgotten - they're nowhere to be found. 

Another Pet Peeve: Toppers. “Oh, you think that’s bad, let me tell you about ......”.  WTF? Let me have my time in the spotlight. Damn you Toppers!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Craft beer snobs. They are worse than wine snobs. 

With you on that. Love IPA’s but tough to judge one from another. First thing I look at is ABV...after that (or two) they all taste the same. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

I had a “Pet Peeves” thread about 6 years ago, then JR in Pittsburgh had one a few years ago, but we need another (mostly because of @ExiledInIllinois)

**** Ok, these Sanitary Pads in the bottom of my grocery store steak packages piss me off. I want the damn blood in there. That’s flavor. So I unpackage the steak from the styrofoam pack and there’s a pad on the bottom drenched in blood. My appetite...gone. 

NOTE: Here comes Exiled talking about boaters, tie off lines and migratory birds who leave dung on his heated tower roof. 

OK, your sanitary pads comment made me cross a line which I just deleted. (But I do have a puppy in heat and diapers, ‘nuff said.)  

As for my pet peeves, I don’t know where to start. I’m glad I have one place to drop them now, because whining can be cathartic at times. I’d have to start with people who start potential trade threads. How many of those are realistic? How many actually HAPPEN?  It’s usually some “Big Name” player, an older guy with a big contract. They are random thoughts that turn into silly threads on some whim. 

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

OK, your sanitary pads comment made me cross a line which I just deleted. (But I do have a puppy in heat and diapers, ‘nuff said.)  

As for my pet peeves, I don’t know where to start. I’m glad I have one place to drop them now, because whining can be cathartic at times. I’d have to start with people who start potential trade threads. How many of those are realistic? How many actually HAPPEN?  It’s usually some “Big Name” player, an older guy with a big contract. They are random thoughts that turn into silly threads on some whim. 

Pet peeve: thread posts that open with not wanting to cross a line (I'm intrigued) and close with an innocuous pet peeve (I'm non-plussed)

17 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Pet peeve: thread posts that open with not wanting to cross a line (I'm intrigued) and close with an innocuous pet peeve (I'm non-plussed)

Maybe I should have just deleted the whole thing, but I kept going. I haven’t dealt with the horrors of a dog in heat in decades, and my post disgusted even myself in that context.

That, and the recent should we trade for the best and most expensive old guys made me feel like I had to stick to it on pet peeves. That drives me crazy, and I’m sticking to it! You can be as “plussed or non-plussed” as you like. I felt it was for the greater good, and I got it off my chest. 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Maybe I should have just deleted the whole thing, but I kept going. I haven’t dealt with the horrors of a dog in heat in decades, and my post disgusted even myself in that context.

That, and the recent should we trade for the best and most expensive old guys made me feel like I had to stick to it on pet peeves. That drives me crazy, and I’m sticking to it! You can be as “plussed or non-plussed” as you like. I felt it was for the greater good, and I got it off my chest. 

Please don't take me too seriously - I'm just bored on a Friday night looking for a cheap laugh. Love your posts, love your attitude, keep doing you!

• Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

As Ferguson so eloquently stated in the OP... This is what peeves me...

Fishermen, the bain of Lock Operators everywhere.   Please people, if you're ever in a lock,  please don't dog that line off!  It makes for a bad Friday afternoon.

20210605_060717.thumb.jpg.8e4d96924125b737c514bb604ac2c95e.jpg

The ever pursuit of fish and all things lurking below and/or swimming isn't rocket surgery.  Don't make it anymore complicated that you have to or you'll be the one swimming. 

Thanx, this has been a PSA from your "TBD Safety Office."

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Unlike the prodigal in-laws, they don't ask for money.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.