Cam Newton injures hand

On 6/11/2021 at 10:55 AM, YoloinOhio said:

He looks bad early which some would say is nbd since he’s a rookie and it’s June. Otoh it’s 7 on 7 and things aren’t going to get any easier 

One Pats writer said that it should be a source of optimism & not pessimism, because it means that BB isn't going easy on him and is giving him tough defenses to throw against right away.

Yeah, I remember 2 decades+ of the same kind of mindlessly hopeful rationalizations.  They did the same thing w/ Stidham last year.

On 6/4/2021 at 5:45 PM, Augie said:

Nothing directly related to Cam here, but while at Casey Middle school in WNY I had a gym teacher who had been a punter for the Chargers. He wanted to show off in front of the class, and sent me back to field a punt. I had obviously never seen a punt like that, but backed up fast enough to semi-successfully field the punt. I caught it just fine, and the class was awed by the ginormous punt. The “semi” part was because it was one of those cheap, plastic Voit balls, and the point of the ball caught me on the bone at the base of my right thumb.

Remember those balls? Harder than a cinder block and I got a bone bruise that lasted almost a year! I’m not saying that will happen to Cam, just reliving a childhood nightmare!  I’d imagine hitting your throwing hand on a helmet could yield a similar result, to some degree. I’m surprised it doesn’t happen more often. 

A bone bruise on any part of your body is a VERY nasty thing! A doctor who worked with my sons said on a scale of 1-10, it gets murky in the middle between a bruise and a break. 

Eh you Williamsville boys were always a bunch of wimps lol- disclaimer: My boys went to Casey and North 😜

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

Eh you Williamsville boys were always a bunch of wimps lol- disclaimer: My boys went to Casey and North 😜

My sister got to go to North. My dad insisted I go to St Joe’s because he did. Living in the boonies I was the first one picked up in the dark by the bus at 6:30 am to start my 3 hours on the bus, 90 minutes each way. February with the windchill below zero and nowhere to take cover was not a pleasant part of my childhood. If that makes me a wimp, I’ll own it.  :)

Our boys say growing up in Buffalo scarred me. I find that hard to argue.   🤷‍♂️

On 6/11/2021 at 9:11 AM, YoloinOhio said:

That LB jersey must be some genius BB mind trick… 

On 6/11/2021 at 6:00 PM, ndirish1978 said:

I don't get the derision for Cam. You'd think he wronged this board somehow

Hes a lightning rod for 20 years of pent up sour grapes… wrong place, wrong time… 

19 hours ago, Augie said:

My sister got to go to North. My dad insisted I go to St Joe’s because he did. Living in the boonies I was the first one picked up in the dark by the bus at 6:30 am to start my 3 hours on the bus, 90 minutes each way. February with the windchill below zero and nowhere to take cover was not a pleasant part of my childhood. If that makes me a wimp, I’ll own it.  :)

Our boys say growing up in Buffalo scarred me. I find that hard to argue.   🤷‍♂️

Now that really is painful! You are definitely scarred lol

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/11/2021 at 10:56 AM, TheFunPolice said:

We've got Jones, a guy who looks more like a 3rd term congressman than an NFL QB, and Wilson, who looks like a 10th grader, in our division at QB. 

Seriously... One hit by a 300+ Lb DL and Wilson will go straight to IR. He looks like he weighs 150 pounds soaking wet

That'd be child abuse.