Cam Newton injures hand

On 6/4/2021 at 7:02 PM, BuffaloBills1998 said:

You gotta wonder if Cam is even going to make the team this year? It wouldn’t surprise me if he gets released, I for sure wouldn’t have given him another 1 year deal to stick around, after his performance last year. 

4yrs $200M $138M guaranteed

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I really don't know much about him except he was being talked about to the 49ers early.  Is he really that bad?  I hope so.

He looks bad early which some would say is nbd since he’s a rookie and it’s June. Otoh it’s 7 on 7 and things aren’t going to get any easier 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He looks bad early which some would say is nbd since he’s a rookie and it’s June. Otoh it’s 7 on 7 and things aren’t going to get any easier 

This makes me feel good.

I've read that Zach Wilson so far looks good but I believe it was you that said in college, he literally never faced any pressure.  He's not facing any pressure now either.

I'm very curious about him once the heat gets turned up.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This makes me feel good.

I've read that Zach Wilson so far looks good but I believe it was you that said in college, he literally never faced any pressure.  He's not facing any pressure now either.

I'm very curious about him once the heat gets turned up.

BYU had a great OL, he had tons of time to throw, and they played no one last year. The two years prior he was bad. He was not even the presumed starter going into this year. A lot of his wow throws look like they would be picked off in the NFL. None of this means he won’t be good at this level, but I think he will take some time to develop 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

We've got Jones, a guy who looks more like a 3rd term congressman than an NFL QB, and Wilson, who looks like a 10th grader, in our division at QB. 

Seriously... One hit by a 300+ Lb DL and Wilson will go straight to IR. He looks like he weighs 150 pounds soaking wet

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I really don't know much about him except he was being talked about to the 49ers early.  Is he really that bad?  I hope so.

I was a big hater of his before the draft. Hes a 2nd round prospect in my mind. 

Really lacks arm strength and not very mobile. Many say that he's accurate based on his completion % but he was throwing to wide open targets. I dont think hes that accurate when I watch his film 

Edited by DJB
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DJB said:

I was a big hater of his before the draft. Hes a 2nd round prospect in my mind. 

Really lacks arm strength and not very mobile. Many say that he's accurate based on his completion % but he was throwing to wide open targets. I dont think hes that accurate when I watch his film 

The suggestion that Jones was going 3 was laughable. I was surprised he went round 1 and the Pats***** didnt pick him, I'm not sure who would have in the 1st 

• Agree 1

From the article that Yolo posted:

“There’s a lot going on in my brain,” Jones said. “You’re trying to see everything; sometimes you see too much or whatever, and then you see nothing. I have to figure out in this offense how I can break down the plays, what’s my job, what I have to do on this specific play and slot the plays individually.

“I did that obviously good in college or whatever, but this is the pros and I have to figure out how to do it here. So that’s what I’m going to do.”

Nothing screams confidence like "I did it good in college, or whatever."  🙄

But I did like this part

But don’t hold your breath waiting for him to be the starting quarterback early in the season. Jones is a quarterback who excels with his mind, not his physical attributes. He doesn’t have a rocket of an arm like Patrick Mahomes, or blazing speed like Lamar Jackson, or a combination of both like Josh Allen.

Damn straight that's my Quarterback...  :beer:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Heitz said:

From the article that Yolo posted:

“There’s a lot going on in my brain,” Jones said. “You’re trying to see everything; sometimes you see too much or whatever, and then you see nothing. I have to figure out in this offense how I can break down the plays, what’s my job, what I have to do on this specific play and slot the plays individually.

“I did that obviously good in college or whatever, but this is the pros and I have to figure out how to do it here. So that’s what I’m going to do.”

Nothing screams confidence like "I did it good in college, or whatever."  🙄

That struck me too.  At least he'll be a great interview though if he continues to spew out that type of stream of consciousness to anyone who asks a question.

• Like (+1) 1