NFLPA says no to Toradol

28 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Um, I don't think that would help the quality of the game

Is that why Kelvin Benjamin never knew where to line his hefty self up? It was NOT good football, but it was kinda entertaining, in a sick kinda way. He probably beat all the others to the orange slices at halftime! 

On 6/3/2021 at 10:40 PM, DJB said:

Torodol is a wonderful medication. I administer it quite often working as a paramedic. Its half life is quite long so it is the perfect non narcotic to use prior to a game. 

It is, but you can't use it all the time. I get kidney stones, and the combination of toradol and dilaudid is awesome. Allows me to get by with less dilaudid. But it definitely messes with you kidneys.

37 minutes ago, todd said:

It is, but you can't use it all the time. I get kidney stones, and the combination of toradol and dilaudid is awesome. Allows me to get by with less dilaudid. But it definitely messes with you kidneys.

Absolutely. I dont administer it to anyone with any type of kidney issues. A shame because like you said its works well for kidney stones

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, T master said:

Wasn't that the stuff Favre got hooked on it doesn't seem right that they can play wit pain killers i their system but so many other things are banned makes no sense !! 

No, Favre was opiods and alcohol.  The reason the NFL turned to torodol is because it's not considered physically addictive like opiods.

I'm not sure what doesn't make sense?

On 6/4/2021 at 11:01 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

But they would be really happy and keep thier weight up.  The problem is they’ll be as paranoid as one could be.  At least what I’m told.

toradol is a very good medication.

On 6/3/2021 at 8:49 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So reading the memo:

image.png.6dc87d2f8dcd3aa8a3c56535a15dad0a.png

I see "best practices education" and "guidelines".  The latter word is used 3x.

Typically when you have guidelines, they're not mandatory.  Otherwise they'd be "requirements" and not "guidelines"

I’d agree. Just recommendations, non punishable 

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No, Favre was opiods and alcohol.  The reason the NFL turned to torodol is because it's not considered physically addictive like opiods.

I'm not sure what doesn't make sense?

Well it's a drug that stops pain so you can play so it is in a way enhancing your ability when your body says you can't play because of pain those drugs are much different & stronger than Tylenol or advil sos it would seem they shouldn't be abe to use those especially an injection form . 

Just a thought .

On 6/4/2021 at 11:01 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah and they would keep ordering out for Blasdell Pizza on the sideline.  Damn that is good pizza.  We’ll have another sheet, no make it five for the 50 yard line.  What seat sir, no the actual 50 yard line.  Can you throw in 300 wings hot. No ranch,  wait wait ranch and blue cheese.

15 hours ago, T master said:

Well it's a drug that stops pain so you can play so it is in a way enhancing your ability when your body says you can't play because of pain those drugs are much different & stronger than Tylenol or advil sos it would seem they shouldn't be abe to use those especially an injection form . 

Just a thought .

Toradol is actually very similar to advil. Has the same mechanism of action. It's just more potent.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/4/2021 at 1:54 AM, 1ManRaid said:

It's almost as if pain is the body's way of saying something is wrong and athletes should just get their injuries actually treated, rather than doping up to play through the pain.

Minor aches and pains are a natural part of physical jobs, but if you can't get through a game without surgical grade injections, something is wrong.

Toradol is an anti-inflammatory.  It is not a narcotic. So in some way it is treating the injury but also offers analgesia. No different than aspirin or ibuprofen or naproxen. 

As with most things there is a good use indication for toradol but it has probably been abused.  Not sure why anyone would cite a bleeding risk. The real risk is kidney injury with prolonged use and dehydration.  I would worry about a 300 pound DT in the Florida heat getting acute kidney injury more than I would bleeding.

The players will just substitute a different anti-inflammatory in pill form that is not regulated will be my guess.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/4/2021 at 8:23 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Dress them all, there is NO reason to not have all the players available.

Agreed. They get paid regardless.  Why not let them all dress.  

Blowouts happen all the time. Good opportunity for a few live reps for the bottom of the roster. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Yeah and they would keep ordering out for Blasdell Pizza on the sideline.  Damn that is good pizza.  We’ll have another sheet, no make it five for the 50 yard line.  What seat sir, no the actual 50 yard line.  Can you throw in 300 wings hot. No ranch,  wait wait ranch and blue cheese.

I think there'd be a problem if the bills were ordering blasdell Pizza 

Seeing mob owned lanovas is the pizza of the Buffalo Bills 

• Haha (+1) 1